Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Message to twink lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    lol

No you don't.

l2p
    Maybe you meant "No they aren't?" It makes a lot more sense that way, considering that I didn't say "I DO CHARZ AND TAHY OUGEARZ U!"

And to the guy under you... I still get a kick out of how anti-twinks read posts from twinks saying "I love it. I crap on newbies way worse than I used to, and people think they've gotten rid of me!" and anti-twinks respond "HAHA TWINK NERD RAGE!" Projection. It's a defense mechanism. Look it up. lawl.

p.s. Yep, sorry. You have trash gear, and I have 3 characters that outgear you. I'd have responded sooner, but I was in the middle of an ICC run... on one of my alts... that outgears your main. And I looked over wowwiki, but couldn't find a good write-up to explain the badge system to you, so I'll just kindly suggest that you head over to wowhead and do a search for "Emblem of Triumph." You should be able to upgrade most of your gear with those, or possibly by downgrading them to "Emblems of Conquest."
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    lol

No you don't.

l2p
    I'm sorry, I don't usually respond to myself, but... I just got curious enough to armory you, and... wow. Just wow. Your gems, your meta, your cheap enchants...? Dude. I mean... dude... seriously... if you're going to try to pull the "bad gear" card on people on message boards, you should do it with a real character in your signature. All this time, just looking at your stats, I assumed you had better gear than at least one of my characters. Obviously, I was wrong. All 4 of my 80s outgear you. Hell, most of the people in my guild have two or three alts better geared than you.

Now... I don't really care, honestly. You can have terrible gear and drag your group/raid/guild down, if that's your bag. But seriously, chief... don't try to trash on other people's gear when posting from a toon like that. I'm not a fan of the Gearscore addon, but I'm pretty sure most of my 80s could take off 4 pieces of gear and still have a higher GS than you.

Sheesh.

Ah well, bed time.

Btw, there are some nice bracers you can get crafted to replace those ilvl200 ones from Cyanigosa you're wearing.

G'night.

Edit: LOL! You're Mattelock from back in the day, on the WoW forums! I wish I'd recognized you sooner, I'd have not even bothered making fun of you! It was MONTHS after you stopped posting there before people stopped making fun of what a ridiculous anti-twink nerdrager you were! Imagine that! I come to mmo-champion for my daily dose of WoW news, and I end up making fun of a guy who got shamed off the PvP forums! LOL! Must... resist... urge to... cross-post this... so twinks can... laugh at you... omfg....
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I miss my twink resto druid. D:
    Fun times never dying while slowing killing ppl. =)

EDIT: armory for those who said twinks have bad mains. =)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...on&cn=Auragasm

Quote Originally Posted by Laughriot
    It saddens me that I had to put in the time and effort to make multiple near-perfect twinks, only to have Blizzard snatch them away from me.
    Nothing was snatched from you by any means.
    Twinking was a community that was never supported by blizzard by any means.
    It was stated often enough it was something they did not like due to the unfairness of it.

Bothering to do any reading up would have made it clear that twinks were on their way out, you just were not prepared to accept that so then complain when it finally hits you. Most of the twinks have abandoned it due to having to compete on the "even playing field".

If you feel the need to retwink repeatedly only to get the satisfaction of facerolling again, then so be it.
    It only continues to prove the arguements here, in that twinks existed mostly for that reason and tough luck if you have to fork out money for it.
    Since you seem to have been playing for years, then that is a small fraction of what you have paid so far, so just pay a little more to massage your epeen further.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'm sorry, I don't usually respond to myself, but... I just got curious enough to armory you, and... wow. Just wow. Your gems, your meta, your cheap enchants...? Dude. I mean... dude... seriously... if you're going to try to pull the "bad gear" card on people on message boards, you should do it with a real character in your signature. All this time, just looking at your stats, I assumed you had better gear than at least one of my characters. Obviously, I was wrong. All 4 of my 80s outgear you. Hell, most of the people in my guild have two or three alts better geared than you.

Now... I don't really care, honestly. You can have terrible gear and drag your group/raid/guild down, if that's your bag. But seriously, chief... don't try to trash on other people's gear when posting from a toon like that. I'm not a fan of the Gearscore addon, but I'm pretty sure most of my 80s could take off 4 pieces of gear and still have a higher GS than you.

Sheesh.

Ah well, bed time.

Btw, there are some nice bracers you can get crafted to replace those ilvl200 ones from Cyanigosa you're wearing.

G'night.

Edit: LOL! You're Mattelock from back in the day, on the WoW forums! I wish I'd recognized you sooner, I'd have not even bothered making fun of you! It was MONTHS after you stopped posting there before people stopped making fun of what a ridiculous anti-twink nerdrager you were! Imagine that! I come to mmo-champion for my daily dose of WoW news, and I end up making fun of a guy who got shamed off the PvP forums! LOL! Must... resist... urge to... cross-post this... so twinks can... laugh at you... omfg....
    So instead of proving that you're as 1337 as you claim, you're going to make cracks at someone's armory? Are you retarded or just a fail troll?

Deleted

Yes, of course there were some people who rolled twinks to 1-shot scrubs, and everyone who rolled one enjoyed playing that at some point, there is no denying it.

You might enjoy playing at 80, these people enjoy playing at 19/29 or whatever, if you dont like it, don't play those battlegrounds. The people who do twink put a lot of gold and effort into making their character the best as it can be, no different from a max level character. The only difference is that there are a lot more people going for PvP maxing gear at 80 than in the twink brackets.

Twinking died mainly because there were not enough serious twinks who enjoyed the thrill of fighting other twinks to continue. So, the ones that do enjoy it have transferred, and it is still active on that one BG.

I guess all the haters in here have, at some point, been roflstomped by a *scrub* who twinked a character. And I guess you, at some point, have owned a newly-dinged, scrubby-geared level 80 in a BG. It is the same thing, just different levels. Understand that, and let people play how they like.

Blah, idea of twinking was to be powerful and not to be competitive with others.

I log for my main if i want competitive opponents.

Serious PvPers fork out $75-$100 to xfer to BG9.

Serious twinks should stfu and fork out $25 to xfer to somewhere where twinks are abundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodeath
    So instead of proving that you're as 1337 as you claim, you're going to make cracks at someone's armory? Are you retarded or just a fail troll?
    I'm sorry your reading comprehension falls so short. The first person to throw the gear card on the table was the idiot I'm making fun of. All I've done is point out that he is making fun of people's gear while posting on a character with fail gear/gems/enchants.

Serious PvPers fork out $75-$100 to xfer to BG9.

Serious twinks should stfu and fork out $25 to xfer to somewhere where twinks are abundant.
    I couldn't care less what "serious PvPers" did. When American laws required black people to sit at the back of the bus, some of them did it without complaining and weren't troubled for it again. That doesn't mean all black people should have done the same. Feel free to keep paying Blizzard for destroying your hard work. I, for my part, am going to keep stomping newbs who think they can hide from me until Blizzard offers free transfers for twinks. And since I don't expect that to happen... enjoy your time at the GY. Myself and people like me will continue to enjoy sending your scrub alt there.
    ...?

I enjoyed twinking for a while.
    Problem at lvl 80 is too many ppl get that "resilience" making them last way too much turning fights from "SURPRISE ATACK!!" Into "Afk with auto attack and eventually your mana will run out and i will kill you...eventually"
    Even in full Wrathful you still need to work hard to down a guy with some resilience.

Players resist too much these days. No more bursty fights, no more quick skirmishes.

Also twinks don't have so many abilities making them very easy to play - very erasy = comfortable = relaxing.
    Today's BGs are complicated pointlessly, the real fun is lost.
    What's the fun of blowing your cooldown like a maniac and noticing you only dented the enemy healer's hp while he laughs at you.

Conclusion: i consider people twink to escape the resilience factor - it's the only thing missing in low brackets imo. And still blizz is feeding us their crap.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I'm sorry your reading comprehension falls so short. The first person to throw the gear card on the table was the idiot I'm making fun of. All I've done is point out that he is making fun of people's gear while posting on a character with fail gear/gems/enchants.

I couldn't care less what "serious PvPers" did. When American laws required black people to sit at the back of the bus, some of them did it without complaining and weren't troubled for it again. That doesn't mean all black people should have done the same. Feel free to keep paying Blizzard for destroying your hard work. I, for my part, am going to keep stomping newbs who think they can hide from me until Blizzard offers free transfers for twinks. And since I don't expect that to happen... enjoy your time at the GY. Myself and people like me will continue to enjoy sending your scrub alt there.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

You're seriously pretty fucking retarded dude. Do us all a favor and stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    I enjoyed twinking for a while.
    Problem at lvl 80 is too many ppl get that "resilience" making them last way too much turning fights from "SURPRISE ATACK!!" Into "Afk with auto attack and eventually your mana will run out and i will kill you...eventually"
    Even in full Wrathful you still need to work hard to down a guy with some resilience.

Players resist too much these days. No more bursty fights, no more quick skirmishes.

Also twinks don't have so many abilities making them very easy to play - very erasy = comfortable = relaxing.
    Today's BGs are complicated pointlessly, the real fun is lost.
    What's the fun of blowing your cooldown like a maniac and noticing you only dented the enemy healer's hp while he laughs at you.

Conclusion: i consider people twink to escape the resilience factor - it's the only thing missing in low brackets imo. And still blizz is feeding us their crap.
    what the fuck?

1. have u even tried wotlk pvp? it's at least 2.5x as bursty as compared to TBC.

2. resist? wtf? l2 spell pen cap

3. u p much just plain suck at this game

Would you care to explain to me how your comment makes any sense at all in context with the post you quoted? I'm honestly curious. It would be interesting to see you explain yourself. Explain to me why I'm "pretty retarded" for making fun of someone in bad gear when he makes fun of other people's gear.

This should be fascinating. I say "should" because I know that the person who posted that will now disappear and never post here again because he has nothing intelligent to say and he really thought he'd scored a point with that drive-by two-liner up there.
    ...?

agreed
    Being assertive is NOT trolling. It's alarming how many people (including moderators) still have not got that memo.

You can still twink, infact you can do it better than before now with xp off.

It's just you can't last very long before you outlevel the bracket. Imo, the fun part of twinking is the actual aquiring of items then maybe 10 or so BG's then it gets old.

I've made loads of twinks in my time and currently 'twink leveling' a shaman.

I wouldn't talk, if that's your main character in your sig. I have 3 full twinks, and my main and two of my alts are still far better geared than the character in your signature. If you were trying to imply that twinks have bad mains, you failed.

Now that I have time to respond fully though, I'll clarify a little. I enjoyed twinking, and I enjoyed fighting other twinks. I always have, and I always will. The quickest way to get a negative reputation in the twink community on my battlegroup was to be one of the griefer twinks that so many people in this thread think every twink was. Twink rogues who spent entire games stealthed waiting for premed/ambush/evis combos on undergeared players were always frowned upon. I've always been supportive of new twinks, and I've never been abusive to new players unless they were obviously someone's alt who decided to queue up just to infuriate the twinks on his team (example: the L40 clothie who still somehow has white gear on, blowing every movement cooldown he has to grab the flag before the twinks, so he can die at midfield and cause us to lose a cap. Saw it often.)

My problem is that, in my opinion, $15 a month is enough to play this game. I'm not saying "I pay my $15 a month, so I should be allowed to do what I want" because I don't feel that way. What I'm saying is "I pay $15 a month, and I don't feel like shelling out another $75-100 on top of that to a company that crapped on all my hard work just to keep doing something I used to do for the standard $15 a month, and I don't feel like I should have to."

The other half of my argument is this: The only people in the world who are truly worthwhile to make miserable are people who whine about stupid things for the sake of whining. Is it fun to swear in public? No, not really. Is it fun to swear in public in front of outspoken censorship advocates, like Tipper Gore? Hell yes, it is. They're whining about something stupid and inconsequential for no reason, and they deserve to be made uncomfortable.

Is it fun to slaughter newbies as a twink? No, not really. I always viewed them as bumps in the road between me and the real challenge, which was bringing down the people I knew and recognized from the forums as the premier twinks in the battle group. Is it fun to slaughter newbies when they're wearing BoA gear, and I can be reasonably certain that they're the alt of someone who used to piss and moan about twinks, but suddenly decided to start doing lowbie BGs again when they removed twinks AND gave them free twink gear that you had to be L80 to receive? Hell yes it is. They deserve it.

Outspoken, whiney anti-twinks who complained and begged for Blizz to make the big bad twinks leave them alone do not DESERVE to hide from me in the xp-On BGs, and therefore I don't let them. It's really that simple. Whiners don't deserve to get their way. Especially when their argument was always "you need an 80 to twink," which was never true until now. Funny that so many of them turned up in the BGs now that having an 80 really is required to twink, eh?

Ah well, I'm out for a bit. Gonna log on and play my xp-On BoA twink for awhile, while alt-tabbing to scan the Blizz PvP forum for "Plz remove BoA twinks" threads. Always a good laugh.
    Please explain how they 'deserve it' because all this really is to me is you trying to come up with seemingly logical excuses as to why you shouldn't feel guilty about killing lowbies. Honestly, if that's what you like to do then fine go do it, but honestly thinking that people deserved to be grieved is completely asinine and a huge reason why ganking is so frowned upon. You think it's your own sense of entitlement that makes it alright when honestly all it really comes down to is you wanting to grief someone 'cause you're bored and it gets you off. Get over yourself and this whole 'mad at the world' BS that every teen goes through and stop making yourself look like an idiot for thinking that ganking is anything more than grieving.

I'd have no problems with the change if it didn't mean queues were so damned long. I had twinks in the 69s bracket. within a few days, it was empty on xp off. I'd spent over 2k on my pala twink as well :<

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    Please explain how they 'deserve it' because all this really is to me is you trying to come up with seemingly logical excuses as to why you shouldn't feel guilty about killing lowbies. Honestly, if that's what you like to do then fine go do it, but honestly thinking that people deserved to be grieved is completely asinine and a huge reason why ganking is so frowned upon. You think it's your own sense of entitlement that makes it alright when honestly all it really comes down to is you wanting to grief someone 'cause you're bored and it gets you off. Get over yourself and this whole 'mad at the world' BS that every teen goes through and stop making yourself look like an idiot for thinking that ganking is anything more than grieving.

Huh? I don't think you really understood what you replied to. Let me lay it out for you.

Did you do BGs before the twink changes? Teams half made up of twinks on either side, sometimes a little heavier weighted, sometimes lighter. One BG running at a time, no game started till the last one ended. The brackets were pretty empty, but queues were still decently fast. The forums, on the other hand, were full of people screaming that twinks ruined all the games, and twinks were unfair, and should be eradicated. People (like Matthew, who has stopped posting in this thread after I pointed out that he used to post as Mattelock over at the official forums until he got laughed off the board) suggested everything from automatically deleting all twink characters to legislation aimed at twinks for cyber-bullying. It was ludicrous. According to these rabid, nerd-raging, psychotic anti-twinks, twinks ruined the game for "new players" and gave them a false impression of PvP. If you pointed out to these people that PvP at L80 was months of getting 2-shotted until you farmed up the gear to compete, they made excuses, screamed that it wasn't true, or stopped responding all together.

Question: If there were only say... one game of AB and one game of WSG going at any one time, that's a maximum of 50 people playing in a lowbie BG. If half of those people are twinks, that's 25 people left. Judging from the QQ on the forums, a HUGE percentage of the non-twinks in any BG were raving anti-twinks who had 80s that they ***OWNED*** on! So... where were the new players?

Fast forward: Twinks are "eradicated." The BGs are suddenly !FULL! of people, 3-4 games of WSG and AB running at all hours! Except... everyone has BoA gear, and everyone is LOLing about how awesome it is that twinks are dead. Again... where are the new players that needed to be protected? I don't know. Not in BGs. The BGs certainly did fill up after twinks left, though... with people who used to be rabid anti-twinks, but suddenly think it's totally okay to trick a character out in full BoAs and demolish anyone lesser geared than them.

These people do not deserve to get their way. They don't deserve to sit in their climate-controlled battle ground and behave exactly like the twinks they always whined about, now that the twinks aren't there to stop them. And therefore... I make sure they can't.

If something bothers you, change it. If you whine about it until someone else comes along, fixes it for you, and then pats you on the head and says it'll be okay... you deserve to have someone come along and take it away from you.

Sorry, just the facts.
    ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic
    agreed
    Hrm, a guy with an extremely similar name and a really low post count shows up out of nowhere to defend someone that I've called out for not making any sense, while the other guy does exactly what I predicted and avoids this thread.

I thought the alt-posting was bad over on the official forums. Looks like it's just a fact of the community. Being anonymous isn't enough, you need to be anonymous a bunch of different times over!
    ...?