Thread: FPS Help?

FPS Help?

Any thoughts or methods to improve my overall frame rate besides buying a new graphics card? mine's terrible, and holding me back in arena and ICC

Re: FPS Help?

Would help if we knew what your specs were, and exactly what settings you're running in the graphics settings on WoW.

Im not sure where to find my specs (hard to believe this is coming from a 2400~ rated mage, amirite)
    but everything is as low as it gets besides view distance, i drop down to lowest resolution and still im at like 20-30 flying around Icecrown

~bump~

FPS and Lag killed my arena experience all together but hey that was WAY back in SEASON 3 and I havent got to arena since cause well its quite impossible...

yeah its pretty frustrating, not to mention ICC25 being a pain in the ass at times.
    guess i can afford a graphics card eventually but SOMEONE FFS HALP.
    tired of seeing my drakes wings at 2 different positions.

up....down....up...down

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhofflol
    Any thoughts or methods to improve my overall frame rate besides buying a new graphics card? mine's terrible
    I think this day has finally come for you.

You: "Mom, Dad. I need a New Graphics Card."

guess so.
    thank god i got a job this week tho.

/high five! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhofflol
    guess so.
    thank god i got a job this week tho.

/high five! ;D
    /highfive

Make sure you get a good one!

1: How old is your Gcard? If it was new like 2 years ago and was in like 200-350€ price range back then I wouldn't worry about the Gcard, since WoW really has quite low grafics standards. (Compared to for example WAR - on high it looks like your running around in nature irl).

2: Take a look at your CPU - that's where WoW sucks power. Make sure it's up to date, google for good CPUs for WoW. (Some 2/3/4xCore CPUs really suck for WoW since the programmers at Blizzard suck so the game sometimes [too often] only uses 1 of your let's say 4 cores).

3: Take a look at your RAM - make sure you have atleast 2gig RAM, no matter what kind (DDR) it is or what brand. I'd recommend 4gig or more, depends totaly on what money you have to spend.