Grid: Behaviour after disconnect(s)

ho
    i love grid, but i'm not that satisfied with it anymore... here's my problem:
    last night i got two server disconnects in boss fights (raid 25, putricide and sindragosa). each time i log back on my grid seems to have disappeared. it just won't show up.
    i'm still in raid, i'm still alive and when i press "o" every raidmember is still there..
    as soon as the boss is down and i'm out of fight grid appears again as it had never gone away..

that happened sooner, too, but as had to heal yesterday that just f*cked me off... healing via name plates and without a raid interface isn't that easy (although both times i got this dc we killed the boss ;D)

so my question: is there any solution to this problem? anyone got the same problems?
    or else: recommend me a raid interface. (of course i know alot addons and a friend of mine said i should just take pitbull (got pitbull for unit frames yet: player, focus, target, etc)), but maybe u guys have other suggestions.

---
    btw: why can't i create topics with my firefox o0 mysterious

Re: Grid: Behaviour after disconnect(s)

Just /reloadui takes few secs more but it'll bring Grid back.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

I have see the same problem somehow it fixxed for me during the fight. lucky I am mostly MT healing so i just target the MT and spam heals:P and say on vent my grid is gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    Just /reloadui takes few secs more but it'll bring Grid back.
    Cant do that while in combat if iam right.

i only had that problem back in ulduar days, dc during boss fight and whole grid gone/unclickable until combat ends. yes you can /reloadui in combat. sometimes it didn't help as the grid it brought back was not responsive to mouse clicks.

with newer versions, i think starting from toc days, if i log back in during boss fight, only the outer border of grid become 8x1 size instead of normal 8x5. every single unit frames in grid are still functional during the rest of the fight for me.

If you're super hardcore, you can quickly yank out all of your raid frames from the raid tab. I haven't pulled the raid frames out in over a year, but you can still do it!

Yeah, just /rl or /reloadui (but /rl is faster imo ˆˆ)

It will bring back your Grid.

It totally works during fights. Please trust me, i'm the expert of disconnections during raid actions ;D

Deleted

This is a behaviour all raid frames share. It is connected to the way blizzard's templates work (can't be moved/shown/hidden in combat to prevent addons targetting your casts [moving the target frame you should cast on below your mouse pointer]) that you need to use to make your addon mouseover macro compatible.
    A quick Reload of the UI (/reload or /rl) fixes this issue.

/reload grid

That's what I do when I'm healing. I even have it macro'd to numpad 9, so I can spam it when I get back into the game. Yeah, I tend to disconnect on Putricide P3, or just before BloodQueen 2nd air phase etc. So there isnt enough time to spare. Typing /reload grid takes waaay too long :P

Quote Originally Posted by Adiar
    Be glad. You got to heal as the old healers from Vanilla healed. With actual awareness.
    i played healer in classic :P but after several years with (grid-) raidframes you're just eased into healing with raidframes.. ^^

to the others: thx. i tried /rl in putricide fight, but nothing happenend, so i didn't try it in sindragosa fight again.. maybe i've had just bad luck.

i'll just try to rl next time again and hope that it'll bring me grid back.

thx (:

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

As an above poster said, the Raid Frames can't be initialized while in combat - no raid frame addon would work if you login while in any kind of fight. This has been true since BC launched, in fact.

This affects a lot more than just grid, but if as you say you are prone to disconnects during particular fights, then providing it does what you want then Vuhdo has an option to cater for this.
    By manually reloading the UI prior to combat starting, it intentionally saves the state so that once you log back in, even during combat then the raid frame will "apparantly" display properly.
    Not something I have had the chance to test properly, but something to think about or even describe to other authors as a possible addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

yeah looked at vuhdo before. some of my guildmates said it's quite nice, maybe even better for several of our healers.
    /rl before every bossfight would just piss me really off i think.. but maybe i'll give it a shot, try to /rl when eating bufffood isn't really lost time. when i get back home i'll try out vuhdo and if i get dc'd again we'll see if it works.
    :)

btw: i was playing on azshara-eu before. i really rarely got dc's. switched to madmortem-eu and i got disconnects nearly every 2nd/3rd bossfight somedays.. it really sux :<

Wouldn't it be better to try to find and eliminate the source of your disconnects?

sure. but i really dunno where i should start? i guess it has to do sth. with the server/realm. because earlier (classic + bc) i really got disconnected 1x per month or so.
    then after a break i started on madmortem-eu (wotlk) and there were times (around trial of the crusader release) i really got disconnected up to 3-4 times per raid (evening). its just wow, not the whole internet connection.

situations like these:
    fighting a boss... screen freezes for about 5-10 seconds... "You got disconnected from the server!"
    i was talking all the time in teamspeak without lags, without disconnects...

as it happens mostly in raids, i wasn't able to really check out other servers now (sold my azshara chars ;< ), but as i lvld a druid for example on blackhand (playtime 1-2 days now) i never got disconnected..
    it's really strange..

worked my way through blizzard forums, but unfortunately there wasn't a solution yet..
    i think i'll write a gm ticket when i get home or so.