Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: On gemming / corpse explosion

Did you know, Corpse Explosion can actually crit? It only crits on lower level mobs though.

Anyway, the problem with Corpse Explosion is that it actually needs a corpse (HERP DERP). I'd probably take it if Corpse Dust could be used, I mean, Corpse Dust is enough to summon a Ghoul, surely it's enough to cause a small explosion!

Quote Originally Posted by Bender
    It should come pretty natural if they are serious about their talent reworks. There should be more points that can be spent on goofy fun crap like CORPSE EXPLOSION in cata.
    Hopefully.

Nothing says ownt like blowing up your buddy's corpse

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru
    Did you know, Corpse Explosion can actually crit? It only crits on lower level mobs though.

Anyway, the problem with Corpse Explosion is that it actually needs a corpse (HERP DERP). I'd probably take it if Corpse Dust could be used, I mean, Corpse Dust is enough to summon a Ghoul, surely it's enough to cause a small explosion!

Hopefully.
    Think i read some time ago that you could cast corpse explode on your own ghoul, causing him to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by mattepatte
    Think i read some time ago that you could cast corpse explode on your own ghoul, causing him to explode.
    it does. and it causes many more dps. yes that's right. many more. it's that cool

how cool i don't know. but pretty damn cool
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

It's about a fortnight's worth of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru
    Just tested this on an unsuspecting bunny in Dalaran, 14.2k crit! kinda pointless, but very cool.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish
    it does. and it causes many more dps. yes that's right. many more. it's that cool

how cool i don't know. but pretty damn cool
    about 25% of your total ghoul's health cool.

Quote Originally Posted by mattepatte
    It was me who posted that a while back in some random DK thread
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    about 25% of your total ghoul's health cool.
    It was me who posted that a while back in some random DK thread
    You've been able to use CE on your Ghoul since Beta, it's not something new and exciting.

Anyway, I meant, I don't wanna use CE on my Ghoul, I want to use Corpse Dust to cause an Explosion centred on my current target.

On the CE front, CE is very very nice for trash. Wandering plague spread around, corpses exploding, those packs of skellingtons at the start of ICC going up like firecrackers, those packs of geists in the plague wing poppin' like corn. I could also see it good for fights like dreamwalker and lady deathwhisper where you get a lot of adds coming in all the time and want to add extra AoE burst on them fast.

It's just fun fun fun. Even if it does have some restrictions.

Regarding gemming. The soft-cap for expertise is 26. However you don't need 26, it's just really helpful. What you need is at least 16 expertise. This will ensure that your attacks are never dodged while you're behind the boss. If you're at less than 16 expertise you can consider gemming a bit to bring it up.

Other items to bring it up are the plate dps bracers from ToC25 off beasts, or the crafted Belt of the Titans.

Hope that helps.

Now to go plot out my 3.3.3 build and see if I want to go 'splodin' corpses or not ....

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

1% more crit is more useful than a courpse explosion.
    Insert Signiture here.

Alright, I'm hoping the OP's gem questions were answered, and since there's now 2 threads for CE, I'm going to lock this to divert all the CE talk to the new thread that Nektarious started. That way there's not 1 discussion going on in 2 different places. http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-de...losion-176497/

/locked