Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

General GS Consensus for ICC 10

If the topic seemed a bit too vague; I mean as a general rule of thumb, given someone has achievements, what GS should pugs legitimately look for in players for ICC 10 Normal. The trend on ym server is currently 5500 +, which I find is extremely retarded and BS(My main has ~6100 and clearing 25 Hard modes, yet someone with 10 % less gear then me couldn't do ICC 10 normal?). As MMO-C, is a rather popular website, if we could get a consensus on what would be ideal, then perhaps, we might just be able to make a difference(Or even get the Author of GS to add a "recommended" feature). Because from what I gather, 5500 would likely be what someone doing TOGC 25 and Toc 25 have, a mix of 245/258. Example my alts: My Hpal has 4x245, 5x251(ICC10) 1x264, 3x232 and 4x219, which puts him at around 5k or so GS, with a few weak pieces such as Libram, Trinket(Which is arguably better then a 245, but lower Ilvl) neck and a cloak, he'd have maybe 5 upgrades out of Icc 10 Normal, but for Pugs his GS is too low. And I see this happen with a lot of other genuinely good players alt's.

So to sum it up; what should be an acceptable gear level, with or without achievements to do Icc 10?

Re: General GS Consensus for ICC 10

I really hate GS, never used it, found it useless and that it reduces the users IQ by 95%. I did happen to go on an alt run tho that ended in the Valkyr LK phase and one of the ones that went had it for his alt. Looks like my mage was @ 4.3k and his Dpirest at 4.2k. One of the tanks was at 4.2k aswell. So YEAH... GS, cough.

10+ Year Old Account

my druid is about 4900gs, ran ICC 10 the other day with a great group - sure they may have carried me but i wasnt bottom of the barrel on dps. i had a blast too. which is what matters anyway. the warlock was pretty fresh at just over 3k GS, yes he was bottom of the barrel on dps but he knew what he was doing so his GS doest matter.

bottom line: to hell with GS, players with a clue are far more important.

of course if you have to take someone thats never been there before and you have to train them on every single encounter id go with a min of 4800, but if its an alt that knows the encounters? who cares.
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

im gunna say 4,8 or brimming 5

your gunna wanna make sure healers have MUCH mana, because its going to be rough on the longer fights as dps wont be as high

Depends if they are wearing any 264 pvp gear at all, that tends to inflate their GS. With 264 pvp gear, I expect 5400+ GS. Without it I expect 5k+GS. My 10 man guild is still progressing through the UH Wing{1shot festergut and rotface last week}, and we're all hovering around 5100 GS, except one dps sitting at 5800GS.

5500 GS is a fair number if you're wearing all 264 Offsets + 232 mainsets. 5k+ is a fair number if you're wearing all 245/232 pieces. Problem is people are too lazy to armory these guys, so everyone just expects you to have full 264 offsets, which are worse then 245 pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago
    I really hate GS, never used it, found it useless and that it reduces the users IQ by 95%. I did happen to go on an alt run tho that ended in the Valkyr LK phase and one of the ones that went had it for his alt. Looks like my mage was @ 4.3k and his Dpirest at 4.2k. One of the tanks was at 4.2k aswell. So YEAH... GS, cough.
    LOL? A 4200 GS tanking LK 25m? You guys are either awesome with the plague stuff or LK just 2 shots him in the matter of 1 sec and you wipe constantly
    SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES

Only take people who dont need the gear that drops. General rule for any raid. Only take people that already wear the gear from the raid you wanna go.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Successfully tanked the first 4 bosses in icc10 with a 4.4k gs bear.

Gearscorelol.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko
    Depends if they are wearing any 264 pvp gear at all, that tends to inflate their GS. With 264 pvp gear, I expect 5400+ GS. Without it I expect 5k+GS. My 10 man guild is still progressing through the UH Wing{1shot festergut and rotface last week}, and we're all hovering around 5100 GS, except one dps sitting at 5800GS.

5500 GS is a fair number if you're wearing all 264 Offsets + 232 mainsets. 5k+ is a fair number if you're wearing all 245/232 pieces. Problem is people are too lazy to armory these guys, so everyone just expects you to have full 264 offsets, which are worse then 245 pieces.
    i dont think these numbers are fair as they assume they are fully decked out in ICC level gear in the first place.

starting out in ICC? never been there? then how the hell are they supposed to meet this GS if they cant get in ICC if they dont have the GS to get into ICC. i hate that crappy logic.
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

15+ Year Old Account

4800-5000 is completely acceptable for Icc10. You should easily be able to crack 5k if you have all the triumph badge gear combined with the new icc5 mans.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Whatever gearscore you have with all 232ilvl gear, that's what the initial encounters (pretty much everything but Butricide,Lana,Sindra and LK) are balanced around. Ofcourse, since pugs are generally slightly below par for skillz, you might want to raise the bar abit to compensate.

IMO GS is stupid, I myself did the first few bosses of ICC with around a 4.8k GS, yet I was the top or second DPS (unholy DK). But I would say the GS required should be about 4.8K or higher.
    have you ever seen a Tauren Rogue? No. Thats because they are THAT good.

Quote Originally Posted by venom1234
    LOL? A 4200 GS tanking LK 25m? You guys are either awesome with the plague stuff or LK just 2 shots him in the matter of 1 sec and you wipe constantly
    I ment a 10-man since this thread is about ICC10 afterall. And our 10-man group was indeed awsome. Past feats as Naxx 10 with 1 healer when Ulduar wasn't out, 1 healer Ulduar HM's just as ToC went live (Unfortunatelly the summer break killed our group... literally since our MT's father died and he quit so Algalol was a regular kill) and 1 healer-1 tank ToC. You can find that on WoW.com. And no, I didn't even manage to kill LK 10 on my main since 4 players from an old core just can't pick it up for 6 others.

I´d say 5-5.1k should be way enough, sadly on my realm Icc10 = Icc25, or atleast thats what the pugs make me think since its 5.6k+ for both (and this is not even a joke), we commonly have people wanting 5k+for weeklies (even ulduar/nax weeklies).

My Heal Pala is sitting on 5011 atm with T10-251 shoulders/helm t10-264 gloves, 2x 245 rings, 245 Wrists, 200 Trinket and Libram, 219 Shield, 226 Belt, 213 Cloak rest 232, that an avg ilvl of 233 so I guess 5k would be 232 wich should be enough considering toc10 was 232.

Edit: Also if you Target someone put in chat /gs then go to experience GS actually tells you what you shoudl have for XXX raid, 4700 being for t10.1 (251) wich would be ICC10, makes you wish people would atleast be somewhere near that

Quote Originally Posted by venom1234
    He's talking about 10 man, but that still seems pretty low. My pally alt is at 4500 and still wearing 3 blues and there's no way I'd take him to ICC 10 right now. I would want at least a 5k gear score for tanks and you could probably get away with 4500ish for dps...but may run into issues on dps races like festergut and bql. As someone else stated though, GS is not everything. My pally has not set foot in a single raid instance 10 or 25 man and could probably get pretty close to 5k just doing the heroic ICC 5 mans, getting triumph badge gear and player crafted 245/226 gear. So people can get pretty close to 5k gear score without ever having done a raid and that's a little scary.

And for the person who thinks a 6100 gear score is getting carried in heroic ICC 25...my druid is at 6024 gear score right now and has 264 in almost every slot (245 in 2 slots). There are almost no more upgrades for me except in heroic 25 man ICC so how can you say that 6100 GS is getting carried? You can't get higher than 6100 outside of 277 gear. So in your logic no WoW player can ever do Heroic ICC 25 because no one has the gear score to down any bosses without the gear that drops in that version of the instance. I guess all those guilds that got 6 to 10 bosses down the first week Heroic 25 man was available must have used hacks then...

Doesn't matter if everyone is competent. You could probably clear ICC 10 with everyone in full ulduar gear if everyone is competent, expecially with the buff now (maybe not BQL/sindrag/LK)

It all depends on your players. If I'm doing a pug I use 5k as a good checkpoint, but I also ask people what their dps rotation is before inviting, and make a point of pulling one of the traps in the first room to get a good idea of single target dps. Anyone below 4k is out.

Okay,
    when I consider that many PuGs lacks the synchronization of more stable groups, we should divide it to three parts.

As considers tank, round 5-5.1K should give more than enough space for some mistakes (but depends on how is the gear built)
    For healers, I think that GS around 4800+ should do it
    As for DPS, it greatly depends. If the gear is built right, round 4700GS should suffice, but the more the merrier

This applies to first four bosses, but rotface/princes/valithria is more about the skill than gear.

Relying on a score to measure readyness for the endgame raiding content, which is obtainable often without a single raid is a failure.
    Using that score as a measure means you are not able to use your brains by inspecting, or actually taking to people anymore.

We managed prior to gearscore, just took a little longer which meant more sensible decisions. Not a bad thing at all.
    Looking where gear comes from will tell you far more than any score, simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

What works great for me is ignore all whispers with people linking their gs. Had some pretty succesfull pugs with that.

Quote Originally Posted by erwin121
    What works great for me is ignore all whispers with people linking their gs. Had some pretty succesfull pugs with that.
    What works for me is ignore all whispers from people whose gear scores are two tiers below the content. That works for me every time.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer