For those that play on a PvP server, is raiding the basis of your realms talk?

Its sad imo what WoW's PvP has come to these days. back in vanilla and early TBC there used to be lots of trash talk, and different group rivalries, and a lot more server forum PvP talk. For a long time now all everyone cares about is raid progression between the top guilds it seems. thats the basis of discussion in my realm forums, vent, and general chatter, who is furthest in progression? :P

What is the point of having PvP servers when they're so PvE-centric? no point in having PvP guilds? when the game barely makes a distinction between the 2. Where players are more concerned about PvE than PvP on PvP servers? Even given the fact that Blizzard doesn't care about PvP until Cataclysm, its been this way throughout Wotlk, and mid TBC, coincidentallly when Arena was instituted...

nobody talks about Arena either other than on BG9. but really, there is no real social dynamic to Arena like there used to be BG teams or world PvP guilds/crews to even talk about much, or trash talk. just no sandbox world pvp-wise at all anymore...

while they keep moving forward with PvP ladders of competition, i feel like the PvP aspect just gets worse and less interesting. i honestly hate what my server has become...

thoughts?

Re: For those that play on a PvP server, is raiding the basis of your realms talk?

meh im in a pvp guild that raids when we get bored. Pvp has always been my main focus. Icluding raiding a random town and watching the 10 baddies try to kill me as i run circles around a house and outheal their damage =p

Re: For those that play on a PvP server, is raiding the basis of your realms talk?

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    meh im in a pvp guild that raids when we get bored. Pvp has always been my main focus. Icluding raiding a random town and watching the 10 baddies try to kill me as i run circles around a house and outheal their damage =p
    what is the point of your PvP guild tho? i don't see a point for a PvP guild in today's WoW. i don't think anyone does world PvP enough to justify that, especially as a guild, nor bg's, and Arena is such a small sided minigame forming a guild for it seems kind of silly.

i mean for raiding at least guilds serve a specific, obvious purpose related to their activity. but i can't seem to understand the motivation for someone to form a PvP guild. if you created your guild for raiding as PvP'ers, then i'd think you're more a raid specific guild, which i guess a lot of the guilds on my server like to think of themselves, but all they do and care about is raid progression.

all i know is my server is for all intents and purposes has become a PvE server these days, and its sad. there used to be a big distinction between PvP and PvE servers.

well i actually just joined this guild. But from what ive heard is premades daily, and aton of world pvp.

example, going to nagrand with everyone in vent. Everyone drops group and goes into the arena, last man standing wins =p

Not sure when they will do it again. and this is just what ive heard. seen afew posts about it on server forum.

well i actually just joined this guild. But from what ive heard is premades daily, and aton of world pvp.

example, going to nagrand with everyone in vent. Everyone drops group and goes into the arena, last man standing wins =p

Not sure when they will do it again. and this is just what ive heard. seen afew posts about it on server forum.

that sounds pretty awesome. never heard of guilds doing that. then again i rarely see any PvP guilds these days either. i wonder what class is generally last one standing? i'm guessing mage 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale

that sounds pretty awesome. never heard of guilds doing that. then again i rarely see any PvP guilds these days either. i wonder what class is generally last one standing? i'm guessing mage 8)
    well for the next one i plan on throwing on my max resil gear, and hoping it comes down to me and a dps class lol. Holy pally ftw. The guild is prety huge so i would imagine there would be atleast 40+ people doing it at once so im not sure how it all plays out.

DUDE! What server, alliance or horde, eu or us? I swear, that sounds epic! I noticed that if you harass people, the world pvp will come automatically. Like once, we made this group and slaughtered everything in thrallmar. People who were lvling couldn't because there were no quest givers, result = lvl 80's came . Should have made a bigger group though.

Cross server dungeons put a pretty big nail in the coffin of world pvp. Before that you could at least gank around the meeting stones... I've leveled a few characters through 60 since the release of cross-realm dungeons, and the most world pvp I see is 80s ganking in BC zones and Stranglethorn...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Blizzard in Cataclysm to undo some of the damage they've done with their cross-realm mania, and repair some sense of notoriety and worth within a server, but it will be hard to bring back the glory of the Tarren Mill - Southshore days.

/nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale
    what is the point of your PvP guild tho? i don't see a point for a PvP guild in today's WoW. i don't think anyone does world PvP enough to justify that, especially as a guild, nor bg's, and Arena is such a small sided minigame forming a guild for it seems kind of silly.

i mean for raiding at least guilds serve a specific, obvious purpose related to their activity. but i can't seem to understand the motivation for someone to form a PvP guild. if you created your guild for raiding as PvP'ers, then i'd think you're more a raid specific guild, which i guess a lot of the guilds on my server like to think of themselves, but all they do and care about is raid progression.

all i know is my server is for all intents and purposes has become a PvE server these days, and its sad. there used to be a big distinction between PvP and PvE servers.
    Premades, PvP general talk and tips, Arena partners and so on.

trash talk is still there. just check the kind of flames being thrown around in the bg9 tops.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Flying mounts sure didnt help world pvp any.. oh look im being camped or camping someone.. .gg they spawned just outside my range and flew away before i could do anything to catch them.
    Shhh im typing this to u on my i phone on the toilet at work

From my experience on Raveholdt (THE pvp realm with the most insane wpvp-ers) if you're a pvp-er it is best to be in a raiding guild (the irony).

The alliance has 2 major pvp guilds and the vast majority of their members look pretty much the same: some scrubs in bad gear begging for invites to pug raids while sporting 50-50 pve and pvp gear.
    From my experience, pvp guilds have only a few ppl that actually know what they're doing, and the rest are chaff: bad geared and no skill ppl that couldn't find a better guild or they're new at the game and they think being in a pvp guild is cool.

The horde has a few more pvp guilds, of which one is an arena guild and their members never engage in any ganks or wpvp events but rather do arena all day with the odd wintergrasp in between.

Often, the most dangerous opponents in wpvp are ppl from pve guilds who also have interest in pvp. Because of this, they are better geared than the average pvp guild nabcake and are not lacking the skills to do it right.

A tauren warrior once told me "You may have won the battle but you haven't won the battle". It was only a small portion of the Horde's wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Khano
    From my experience on Raveholdt (THE pvp realm with the most insane wpvp-ers) if you're a pvp-er it is best to be in a raiding guild (the irony).

The alliance has 2 major pvp guilds and the vast majority of their members look pretty much the same: some scrubs in bad gear begging for invites to pug raids while sporting 50-50 pve and pvp gear.
    From my experience, pvp guilds have only a few ppl that actually know what they're doing, and the rest are chaff: bad geared and no skill ppl that couldn't find a better guild or they're new at the game and they think being in a pvp guild is cool.

The horde has a few more pvp guilds, of which one is an arena guild and their members never engage in any ganks or wpvp events but rather do arena all day with the odd wintergrasp in between.

Often, the most dangerous opponents in wpvp are ppl from pve guilds who also have interest in pvp. Because of this, they are better geared than the average pvp guild nabcake and are not lacking the skills to do it right.

/taps foot and waits for a pve geared dps to gank me....

still waiting..........

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lls&cn=Dazline

ugh im going home.. its never gonna happen!

On my pvp server it always seemed that the pvp guilds were made up of horrible players with horrible gear.