Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Whats the difference between healing cloth and DPS cloth gear?

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions about how good spirit actually is. I'm not going to advocate stacking spirit in any way, aside from putting in Purified gems in blue sockets to get decent bonuses, but to say it's a bad stat, or one that should be avoided on gear is going too far imo. Obviously if your choices are like the frost badge gear where you can get a piece loaded with spirit or one with haste instead, then haste is the way to go, but not all your gear choices are that easy.

I'm a bit picky about knowing my stat weights, so I run simcraft every time I upgrade my gear, and in my current gear (4 piece t10 with mostly 251 gear) spirit is almost as good as crit. My current weightings look like this:

SP: 1.95 Haste: 1.87
    Crit: 1.37 Spirit: 1.15
    Int: 0.4

So comparing http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50807 with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50392 the tier piece obviously has better itemization, with the tradeoff being 10 SP and 88 spirit on the non-set piece for 96 crit on the tier piece. With my current stats, the better itemized tier piece still wins, but only by about 11 dps (that's about a 1.6% difference).

So essentially I'm not trying to negate anyone's previous advice here, keep taking green stats over spirit, but what I'm trying to say is not to group spirit with int in terms of dps increase. Don't pass on spirit gear just because it has spirit, do your homework on upgrades before the gear even drops.

Nothing can shake my believe that this world is the fruit of a dark god whose shadow I extend -- Emil Cioran

Quote Originally Posted by Gadix
    There seems to be a lot of misconceptions about how good spirit actually is. I'm not going to advocate stacking spirit in any way, aside from putting in Purified gems in blue sockets to get decent bonuses, but to say it's a bad stat, or one that should be avoided on gear is going too far imo. Obviously if your choices are like the frost badge gear where you can get a piece loaded with spirit or one with haste instead, then haste is the way to go, but not all your gear choices are that easy.

I'm a bit picky about knowing my stat weights, so I run simcraft every time I upgrade my gear, and in my current gear (4 piece t10 with mostly 251 gear) spirit is almost as good as crit. My current weightings look like this:

SP: 1.95 Haste: 1.87
    Crit: 1.37 Spirit: 1.15
    Int: 0.4

So comparing http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50807 with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50392 the tier piece obviously has better itemization, with the tradeoff being 10 SP and 88 spirit on the non-set piece for 96 crit on the tier piece. With my current stats, the better itemized tier piece still wins, but only by about 11 dps (that's about a 1.6% difference).

So essentially I'm not trying to negate anyone's previous advice here, keep taking green stats over spirit, but what I'm trying to say is not to group spirit with int in terms of dps increase. Don't pass on spirit gear just because it has spirit, do your homework on upgrades before the gear even drops.
    No one has said that Spi sucks in terms of DPS, so why did you feel the need to bring it back up?

The only thing you did was forget to normalize it, although it will not affect it too much, but the differences are more notable that way.

10+ Year Old Account

Also don't forget that for the same ilvl gear Spirit converts to Crit at a 1:1 ratio. That means if there's 67 Spirit on a 264 item, there will probably be another 'version' of that item with 67 Crit instead of the Spirit.

Again, it's not bad, but it's not ideal.