Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best/funnest way to gain honor

So, I don't pvp very often on any of my toons but am thinking of getting a pvp set, or at the very least, a wrathful cloak for some of my toons. I was wondering what is the best/most efficient way to farm honor? I've heard Wintergrasp is good, but is it still good even without the quests to do? Thanks ahead of time for help.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Best/funnest way to gain honor

get a super geard resto druid and spam wsgs

Sadly I don't know any beastly resto druids or any beastly pvp healers anymore. Is there a specific BG aside from holiday weekends that is point for point, better than the rest?

depends on your pool
    most of the time people rush in alterac valley.
    means 1 AV = maximum of 6 minutes = ~500 honor (with 3.3.3 coming up probably even more)
    Deal with it...

As DPS, I like to go into EotS and blast from base to base, mowing down everything in my path. I can easily rack up more than 100 HKs in a single battle that way, which translates to a hefty chunk of honor, even if we don't win for some reason, usually over 1k.

Doing heroics :-X

It kinda sucks to see that the most efficient way to gain honor is to farm some crappy pve content

Quote Originally Posted by Cema

It kinda sucks to see that the most efficient way to gain honor is to farm some crappy pve content
    Triumphs buying Wrathful? What?

Or are you talking about SK's? Better get a decent farming group because it takes 30 of those for 2k honor.

Wintergrasp, wait for a druid to moonfire you in mid air, then follow them down as they fall so they cannot exit combat.
    Splat.
    This happened about 2 days ago.

Not terribly effective for gaining honor, but funny nontheless.
    Needless to say they did it only the once.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cema

Are you talking about Wintergrasp Commendations from handing in 30 Stone Keeper's Shards? Surely one will get more honour from doing random daily battlegrounds than collecting 30 badges per 2,000 honour.

To get the 50,000 honour I would need for ONE PvP mount, that's 750 Stone Keeper's Shards, or ~190 heroics.

It might be worth your time to wait for patch 3.3.3 and then do random battlegrounds.
    For the Alliance!

Gank those WG fishers
    Rest in pieces, sewer scum.

15+ Year Old Account

Do all the WG weekly quests every week. There's a ton of honor there. WSG is fun but it's a really piss-poor source or honor, if I just had to grind honor I'd do something like AV were there's a guaranteed minimum of honor just from capping towers and killing galv. It's fun sitting on noob hill, right? RIGHT?

Do wg weeklies, that's about 20k right there (your mileage may vary.)

If your a healer or a tank the fastest way is to farm heroics and turn in stone keeper shards (Assuming you have control of wg.) Use the badges to get Furious set.

If your dps or on a realm where you don't own WG alot, then farming AV is what I recommend. If you can get people to zerg drek/vann its like 600 honor for 5 minutes of work. If the rush fails, your in the for the long haul, but the honor isn't bad.

If you don't mind it, WSG or EotS is decent for honor/hour since they removed DR on honor gains. Just sit midfield and kill everything you see.
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Ab / Eots

basically because my win loss ratio is 15:1
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Ab / Eots

basically because my win loss ratio is 15:1
    Must be horde on cyclone...

10+ Year Old Account

Wintergrasp weeklies are by far the best way to get honor.

After that it depends on your battlegroup. For mine, we almost never lose AB or WSG and the ques are very short. So i tend to just farm those.

I used to do battleground rotations, doing 1 of each to do the quest for marks, but sadly the isle of conquest ques are literally 7 hours on my battlegroup so its just not even worth it. Plus, they are removing the quest today anyways :P

My favorite way to get honor, is to get my warlock buddy and go play with ironforge. I usually start out as enhance to drag people to the house, then my lock sets a portal up there, i duel spec to elemental and melt faces for a few hours. Eventually some rogues are smart enough to stealth up there, then i thunderstorm them off and repeat the process. After a while of doing this, 60 alliance are waiting trying to kill me and my lock. It gets pretty fun and hectic

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fligahgigook
    Must be horde on cyclone...
    YUP
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

10+ Year Old Account

Get 6-7 toons to level 80 and exchange all SK Shards...

Get some uber geared pve hero group, farm hcs and exchange into WG shards. This way you get rich and get a lot of honor on any char :P

Deleted

Botting......alot

Random BG's seems to be the best way now. Around 6k honor for the 1st win of the day then around 2-3k for each win after. Then about 1k+ for a loss. And the que is less then a minute, on my battlegroup atleast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?