Tier 10 upgrades

Hello all,

As far as I know you need i264 set items to upgrade to i277?

Personally I can't see no reason why we cant be allowed to upgrade from i251 to i277. My guild has LK25 within our graps and we'll definitely wanna do HMs when he's dead. I have 3x set items but only one of them is upgraded to i264. That "pretty" much renders me unable to get the BiS items (i277 set items) for my head, shoulder, chest and leg slots. I can of course live with that, but I think it's a little fracked

I don't like the fact that we have to continue doing normal runs in order to get our raiders in i277 tier gear.

Not fond of this suggestion, but being able to buy i264 with a i277 mark would also be a solution (though a pretty bad one)

Something should definitely be done - what do you guys reckon?

Re: Tier 10 upgrades

Wont happen. /end thread

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

You only get 1 heroic 277, token per Boss thats able to drop tokens.
    The other 2 are (normal) 264

So I see no problem in upgrading your tier.

Correct, but once you start running HMs you wont get tokens for i264 items so the players with i251 are pretty much stuck with their pieces unless the guild wants to run normal modes.... and I don't think anyone wants to do that after HM unlocks

dont 10 man HM drop the tokens for 264?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishi_Aoi
    You only get 1 heroic 277, token per Boss thats able to drop tokens.
    The other 2 are (normal) 264

So I see no problem in upgrading your tier.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by masti
    dont 10 man HM drop the tokens for 264?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    This.
    Okay, I misunderstood, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Zhira
    Correct, but once you start running HMs you wont get tokens for i264 items so the players with i251 are pretty much stuck with their pieces unless the guild wants to run normal modes.... and I don't think anyone wants to do that after HM unlocks
    Better explanation, i hope...

Heroic end wing bosses drop 2x mark to upgrade from 251 to 264 and 1x mark to upgrade from 264 to 277.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    Better explanation, i hope...

Heroic end wing bosses drop 2x mark to upgrade from 251 to 264 and 1x mark to upgrade from 264 to 277.
    Yeah, Sorry I misunderstood. Won't be a problem then.

If you're at LK now, you will not get any kills of the hardmode wing end bosses who drop tier tokens for several weeks, probably months with the exception of BQL. You'll be seeing plenty of lv264 tokens still.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account

On a side note, won't the heroics be so hard as to almost require your raid to ensure everyone's tier pieces are already i264?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    If you're at LK now, you will not get any kills of the hardmode wing end bosses who drop tier tokens for several weeks, probably months with the exception of BQL. You'll be seeing plenty of lv264 tokens still.
    Deathbringer?

Our guild is starting to see a Lich King 10 kill on the horizon...

Exactly how hard gearwise are the hard modes? What kind of DPS needed etc?

Is it feasable to jump straight into them once you kill Lichy? Or farm 10 man including Lich King for a while afterwards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by darklenne
    Our guild is starting to see a Lich King 10 kill on the horizon...

Exactly how hard gearwise are the hard modes? What kind of DPS needed etc?

Is it feasable to jump straight into them once you kill Lichy? Or farm 10 man including Lich King for a while afterwards?
    Jump straight in. None of the lower spire fights are a huge challenge aside from Saurfang, for whom RNG (who gets the marks) can play the deciding factor. On Gunship we were worried the fight had somehow slipped off of heroic mode till we got the loot lol.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Sweet thanks mate.

Sorry to derail threa btw. Just realised I did that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.