I think I lost the art of healing...

What am I doing wrong here? I mean I know the guy has the 4pc t10, but is it that big of an increase?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Gangstrface HIm

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...roc&cn=Varthan ME

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/45272/ World of Logs. Look at TOGC from tonight. Ive been gone for a few weeks, but really?

I rejuv x5 wild growth with a few hots on the tanks..... am i missing something?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: I think I lost the art of healing...

Considering his Rejuv average tick is 1.7k, and your is 1.1k, AND that his WG ticks for twice as much as yours (650 over 370), I wouldn't be surprised tbh.

I know its a VERY stupid question, considering you were in TotGC25 but... are you sure you were using maximum ranks?
    A 200SP difference between you two shouldn't change your healing values THAT much (I'm talking tick-wise).
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

First of all your talents and glyphs differ. You might want to put another point into Imp. Tree of Life at least...

I hope that someone with a better idea of a tree's playstyle will come along soon, but one thing that strikes me - as a emergency-tree - is the compared uptime of some of your spells.

I took the Twin Val'kyrs kill because there's so many people taking damage in that fight.

Anyway, I'll just copy the numbers presented in the chart:

Rejuv:
    Ganstrface: 970 ticks, 100% uptime, 1882 average tick, 1.8mio healed
    Varthan: 641 ticks, 90% uptime, 1653 average tick, 1.1mio healed

Wild Growth:
    Ganstrface: 1481 ticks, 97.5% uptime, 697 average tick, 1.0mio healed
    Varthan: 479 ticks, 34% uptime, 550 average tick, 260,000 healed

And it seems like the 4 T10 bonus did about 10% of his healing (if the second rejuv in his chart is the bonus, which I don't know). On this fight, he seems to have been lucky with the proc, however, for on the other fights the second rejuv healed anything from 2% to 7%.

But anywho, you can see the difference, can't you?

Maybe you should work a bit more with Wild Growth compared to other spells like Nourish (only if you're not healing the tank).

I hope this is helpful,

Bartol

Wow. Did not know my spec was like that. Maxed out ToL.

Will let you know if it helps that much. I have as many rejuvs out as i can get, wild growth, and start rejuving..

Quote Originally Posted by BartolGdH
    I took the Twin Val'kyrs kill because there's so many people taking damage in that fight.

Anyway, I'll just copy the numbers presented in the chart:

Rejuv:
    Ganstrface: 970 ticks, 100% uptime, 1882 average tick, 1.8mio healed
    Varthan: 641 ticks, 90% uptime, 1653 average tick, 1.1mio healed

Wild Growth:
    Ganstrface: 1481 ticks, 97.5% uptime, 697 average tick, 1.0mio healed
    Varthan: 479 ticks, 34% uptime, 550 average tick, 260,000 healed
    To add a bit more to that, buffs cast:

Rejuv:
    Ganstrface: 164
    Varthan: 115

Wild Growth:
    Ganstrface: 220 (likely around 40 Wild Growth casts)
    Varthan: 69 (likely around 12-13 Wild Growth casts)

Just from those two spells alone he's done about 50% more casting than you have (~204 / ~127). You did do a few more other spells than he did (~7), but nowhere near enough to account for the above, plus for Twin Valks you really shouldn't bother. Given your haste ratings are similar, I can only conclude that he's much better at hitting the GCD than you are. Either that or you went OOM and stopped casting or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Varthan
    Wow. Did not know my spec was like that. Maxed out ToL.

Will let you know if it helps that much. I have as many rejuvs out as i can get, wild growth, and start rejuving..
    do you use a healing mod? or do you use the "old fashioned way"? If you use the old fashioned way then you really should look into a healing mod. You might not think that you need the help of a mod, but if you are serious about maximizing your performance then they are pretty much mandatory. Healbot is the easiest to use, grid + clique next up, then vuHdo is IMO the best out there but requires a ton of setup time.

Other than that, the other posters have made it pretty clear why you are falling behind. You need to cast more spells.

Looking at our spec... Still wrong. To start with, you are only using 68/71 talent points... Not sure how that happened. Natures grace is pretty much pointless unless are you trying to spec into Celestial Focus. With the amount of haste you have, there is no reason to spec into Celestial Focus. These points would be better spent in Living Seed/Natural Perfection/Empowered Touch.

Now this is simply speculation on your rotation. But make sure you aren't refreshing hots before they expire. Make sure you are casting WG on groups of people, melee is always a safe bet unless you have a good mental picture of where people are standing. Make sure you are using clique/mouse-over-macros. If you are targeting someone, then casting rejuv on them, chances are you aren't going to be hitting the GCD unless you are some sort of spam-clicking master. Make sure you are using every single GCD.

You died before the fight ended, so that accounts for your downtime. You gotta dodge the balls.

Some people are just not as good as others. Is there some way to overcome this gap? yes. You must research your class, know your spec, know what your spells do, and know how to maximize the output. You also need to learn how to read logs, because the answer is so clear it is not even worth discussing. If you think you are doing everything you can, well then you are one of the below average players who will be lucky to clear the previous tier content on normal mode. If you actually want to try to be better, then you need to do the things mentioned and get a mod that allows you to heal faster.

Regarding what stolio said, early hot refreshes are generally the biggest reason for low hps output for Druids that I've seen. I really don't have any way of knowing if that's the problem in this case, but regardless an addon which is customizable to show who in the raid already has your hots in the raid is very helpful, unless you happen to have a near photographic memory of who you've casted rejuv on in the past 12 seconds.

Also WG on melee is almost always the best bet. Revitalize consistently on rogue and feral Druids can be a significant boost. Also will help out dps warriors and dks, but to a lesser extent.

Yes I use grid+clique.

My talent tree looks jacked right now because I was playing around with different specs when the server went down last night.

Ive usally been an excellent healer and the last few weeks I have been slipping. I think I may be refreshing hots a bit to early. Will update after the raid tonight.

Just an update if anyone cares. CHanged my spec around and focued more on hitting the GCD and my hps went for 4-5 to 9-10k hps last night. Thanks a ton for all the advice.