Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Create a spell! Death knight edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture
    Reaper's Touch
    1F 1U 20 sec.cooldown

Swing your weapon in a wide frontal arc (180% cone AoE half range of CoC) dealing 20% of weapon damage plus 20% of your weapon damage as Frost and 20% of your weapon damage as Shadow.Applies the condemned debuff on all targets.

Condemned

Deals 500 shadow damage (modified by the DKs AP) after 6 seconds.Targets who die while this debuff is active are immediately risen as Ghouls (dealing half damage of an Army ghoul) for 30 seconds,under the control of the caster (maximum allowed number of ghouls other than the pet is 5).This effect only triggers on targets that give experience or Honor.

Highly conceptual tbh and I think not so overpowered,kinda useful in aoe situations if you time it correctly.Dubious if any usefullness in boss fights.The only problem is that it kinda makes DKS even more powerfull while soloing.Oh well,I like the concept!:P
    Must say I really like the idea. Could be tweaked a bit, but the general idea is great.
    Though the condemned dot is kind of counter productive unless its damage also triggers the effect.

Okay, spells talented into for each tree(note, capitalized letters indicate rune costs):

Blood:

Runeblade's Hunger: (BbFfUu) 3 minute cooldown

Your runeweapon awakens, increasing attack speed by 30%, armor penetration by 25% and weapon damage by 15% and draining X life from the target (where X is determined by AP * (Weapon Damage / 2) and granting it to the Death Knight. While under this effect, you feel no pity or remorse and cannot be stopped unless killed.

Frost:

Blood Rime: (60 Runic Power)

Causes the Death Knight to chill the blood of the target, reducing attack and casting speed by 50% and damage equal to weapon damage + 50% as frost and shadow damage. The target bleeds for X damage over 35 seconds. When the bleed effect is removed by any means, the target is frozen in place for 5 seconds.

Unholy:

Improved Raise Dead: (Passive)

Your Raise Dead ability now summons an undead minion, and it can be either a ghoul, a geist, an abomination, a val'kyr, or a vargul.

The last one isn't anything special...just tired of the ghoul model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut5
    Jolly good thread folks. Too bad that it was locked.
    See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by drewfasta
    Yeah, I'm really big on super cool "OH CRAP" buttons.

I figure if the raid is taking just, stupid damage, once a fight, the DK could go on a 14 second heal spree.
    Well, on my list of spells that i have (which is only like 4 right now, but ill paste a link to it) i have it so blood and spec into something called blood coil. which is either going to be new spell entirely, or just an addition to death coil. tell me what you guys thing. heres the two ideas:
    option one: Blood coil (new ability)
    Basicly. its the exact same as death coil, only now it heals people instead of doing damage. death coil is still around. all the requirements are the same as death coil.

option two:
    Blood coil
    adds an effect onto death coil. it now allows you to heal any party or raid member for x amount

for the second option, i could do ranks of it. so as an example
    1 point = 1k hp returned
    2 point = 2k hp returned
    3 point = 3k hp returned

heres a link to the 4 moves i have so far. im going to add all of or some of the moves said so far.
    http://war-tools.com/t67947.html
    those are all blood moves atm. ill add frost moves to the frost tree and unholy to the unholy tree. the moves will be talent points btw. however, some moves will be placed lower down to be more accessible.

Some other ideas would be talent specific tanking and dps runeforges.

im also thinking about adding a mark 'system'. like mark of blood. have a couple of those, probably like 2-3 and have different ones in each tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

[Unholy Sacrifice]- This would be a specced into talent for Unholy Tanking DK's much like A demonology Warlocks Fel Synergy and Soul Link. While activated an Unholy perma ghoul would take an X% of damage for the tank and be healed by the tank through damage or a Debuff that the Dk could put on boss to heal his Ghoul. With the ghoul already having a 90% reduction of Aoe effects it would be basically Def capped. Also If you use it with Glyph of Ghoul it would receive 40% more or your stam and strength anyway making it have almost as much HP as the DK

AoE-Taunt

+ RP Dump with AoE Damage :>

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    Glyph of Death Grip
    Minor

Your Death Grip now grips now lunges you toward the target. Can be used on Friendly Targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakez
    Yes! Would love this as a tank.
    Sorry to break it too you.. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=3411 Almost the same thing

Packers - Penguins - Gators

the spell that we all saw in the Wotlk video before it came out. When Giant Shadow spheres came from the sky striking the ground; 200% shadow damage and a range of 30 yds. that would be nice

name change

1000000 yards
    12.99 euro

Changes the name of the Death Knight into something else. Can only be used on players whose name contains 'dk'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotena
    this isn't a troll. the OP is maybe 9. If we're lucky.
    The following applies to AV!
    Quote Originally Posted by gehennaspawn
    Acid Bath > Win > Loss > 40 minute turtle > Jonas brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish
    [Breath of the North Wind]-Frost
    80 Runic Power
    15 second cooldown
    Calls down frozen winds to buffet targets in a cone, dealing 300-500 frost damage. This attack causes a high amount of threat.
    [Glyph of the North Wind]
    Cooldown of Breath of the North Wind lowered by 3 seconds.

[Corrupted Blood]-Blood
    60 Runic power
    10 second cooldown
    Empowers your disease to deal double damage for 20 seconds. Corrupted Blood fades when new diseases are applied.

[Glyph of Corrupted Blood]
    Corrupted Blood no longer fades when new diseases are applied.

[Black Hatred]
    10-100 RP
    Envelops target in shrouds of crushing darkness, causing 200 damage over 5 seconds for every 10 runic power.

[Glyph of Black Hatred]
    Black Hatred no longer consumes RP(still uses current RP as basis for power)

[Cold-Hearted]-Frost
    5minute cooldown
    Cold-Hearted strips the caster of all emotion, rendering them incapable of restraining their attacks. All attacks crit for 20 seconds.

[Glyph of Cold-Hearted]
    Cooldown on Cold-Hearted reduced to 3min.

[Inner Rage]-Blood
    5 minute cooldown
    Inner Rage unleashes the casters innate fury upon his foes. Cast grows in size 50% and all attacks/global cooldowns/rune refreshes occur 50% faster for 25 seconds.

[Glyph of Inner Rage]
    Inner Rage lasts for 35 seconds.

[Godless]-Unholy
    8minute cooldown
    Godless transforms the caster into a perfect being of undeath for 45 seconds.
    This form increases your damage by 15%, increases your crit chance by 10% and increases your armor penetration by 15%. You gain some unique undead abilities in addition to your normal abilities.

Ability list:
    Strip Soul-450 shadow dmg
    Foul Touch- 255 physical damage,applies Frost Fever, Blood Plague, and Ebon plauge.
    Dire Hunger-325 physical damage, (acts like death strike)
    Black Curse-disease causing target to deal 5% less dmg with all attacks for 15 seconds.

[Glyph of Godless]
    Godless now buffs damage by 20%, crit by 15% and ArP by 20%.

there ya go zox
    i made Godless weaker but last longer on basic cooldown that way it lasts a while but the glyph can increase the stat buffs instead of duration

you got 3 buffs on cooldowns, a tanky attack, a non-disease dot, and some aoe love for blood thrown in
    [Glyph of Black Hatred], [Black Hatred], i'd change the names of those abilities if i were you

Bone Strike - Unholy
    Instant 20 Runic Power
    Instantly attack your enemy dealing 35% weapon damage plus 350 shadow damage over 3 seconds, the shadow portion of this ability causes high threat and can hit up to 2 addition targets within 10 yards, in addition each time Bone Strike causes damage you receive an additional Bone Shield charge, for up to a maximum of 6 bones. This effect cannot occur more than once every 5 seconds

Improved Bone Strike 3/3

Your Bone Strike abilities maximum Bone Shield charges is increased by (1/2/3), and its shadow damage portion can now be a critical strikes (33/66/100%) of the time.

Summon Abomination
    100 runic power 30 yd range
    Instant 10 min cooldown
    You hastily imbue the corpses of your fallen comrades and enemies with unholy energy to construct a Patchwerk Abomination. Damage done increased by attack power. Persists for 2 minutes.

Give it http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=30213 + http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=50335 + http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47496, a decent health pool and give um hell.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Defile, lawl

A lot of these sound really badass... lemme try

Wrath of Blood
    1B1F1U
    5 min. cooldown

The death knight enters a state of rage forsaking all thoughts of self-preservation and attacks relentlessly. Increase attack speed and damage by 30% for 12 secs.. The death knight loses 10% of total health every sec.

Bone Storm
    50 runic power
    30 sec. cooldown

The death knight becomes a whirl of bone and steel striking up to 4 targets for 110% weapon damage.

Life Pact
    1F1U
    3 min. cooldown

The death knight and his target enter into a pact of life. Applies a DoT on both members slowly draining their life by 5% of the DK's total health initially and increasing by 5% every 3 secs. Lasts for 30 sec. Consumption by Obliterate severs the pact dealing 500-1200 damage modified by the DKs strength to both parties

[Glyph of Life Pact]

Consumption of Life Pact by Obliterate no longer harms the death knight

That's all I got... though I would totally macro my Bonestorm to Marrowgar's sound file...

Armaggedon strike:

An unholy strike that deals 490% weapon damage plus 5000 for each of your diseases on your target, the strike will explode the target dealing 4000 damage (increased by your attack power) to all enemies within 150 yards, and infect them with [Insane Fever] a disease that deals for 250% weapon damage plus 300 shadow damage freezing all the enemies every 3 secs for 2 mins (the death knight will be immune during the efffect)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadinside
    [Glyph of Black Hatred], [Black Hatred], i'd change the names of those abilities if i were you
    good point
    [Black Hatred] and [Glyph of Black Hatred]are now
    [Impugn Life] and [Glyph of Impugn Life]

Also i came up with a new one
    [Death God's Guidance]
    2B2F2U
    The Death Knight calls upon the power of death itself to pummel his enemies with frost/shadow bolts. Each bolt deals 700 damage to all targets in aoe. Maximum 20 bolts. Lasts 10 seconds.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakez
    Must say I really like the idea. Could be tweaked a bit, but the general idea is great.
    Though the condemned dot is kind of counter productive unless its damage also triggers the effect.
    Actually its not a DoT,think of it as a delayed DD if you don't manage to kill the targets within the 6 seconds so as the debuff isn't completely wasted if they don't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture
    Actually its not a DoT,think of it as a delayed DD if you don't manage to kill the targets within the 6 seconds so as the debuff isn't completely wasted if they don't die.
    it's Curse of Doom. only...not
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Night of the dead. Your army of the dead now lasts until killed but it no longers taunts enemy targets and cannot be used while your ghoul is out.
    A tauren warrior once told me "You may have won the battle but you haven't won the battle". It was only a small portion of the Horde's wisdom.

Army of the army of the dead.
    Summons an entire legion of death knights to fight for the death knight. The death knights will swarm the area, casting army of the dead while taunting and fighting anything they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Army of the army of the dead.
    Summons an entire legion of death knights to fight for the death knight. The death knights will swarm the area, casting army of the dead while taunting and fighting anything they can.
    Wouldn't that just be your ghouls summoning ghouls?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag