Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: disarm through BS.. Im rerolling rogue ffs

Warriors have always had their ups and downs. If you think the change is going to gimp you so hard you won't be competitive in PvP anymore, then I suggest you start using more than 2 buttons. :

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    Do as I did. Take a second account, do the Recruit a Friend thing. Get 10 classes to 60. Level them to 80.

That'll take you some time, but that will save you the time you waist posting random crap on forums.
    Intelligent post ruined by bad spelling.
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

pvp is balanced except warriors. they needed a nerf and got one, if you can't kill anything without lolstorm you probably shouldn't play warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh
    That never worked on players that weren't in quest reward gear.

The problem with the warrior class lays a lot deeper, you already get controlled a lot of the time.
    We make up for that with burst/damage, as we do not provide a lot of other tools(that other classes can't give) to support our teams (defensive play).

This patch, even more tools are added to counter the warrior.
    (more charges on nature's grasp, disarmable bladestorm, more damage from DoTs (rogue/ele sham))

Sure - I'll try (and have to) work my way around these changes and adapt, but that doesn't make it less annoying.

TL;DR: warrior PvP has a long history - adapt and continue with life or reroll, either way have fun.
    no defensive play? what? what happened to intercept, hamstring, shield bash, intimidating shout, intervene,... Need I go on? If you claim to have no defensive play to support your
    teammembers, you sir, are a bad warrior.

Who plays arena anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahmu
    Everyone has a life, what kind of excuse is that?
    idk what you mean by this. I am a zombie so i no longer have a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulloar
    what happened to intercept, hamstring, shield bash, intimidating shout, intervene,...
    Intercept, shield bash and hamstring are offensive in my book. (I won't deny that once in a while an intercept/charge can save a player of your team)
    Intervene is mostly self-preservation defensive to get out of harms way - also as taking 1 blow will rarely be enough to save a player getting a full nuke switch this is hardly team-defensive.
    Intimidating shout has potential - and depends on playstyle of your team, but to me it hardly a team-defensive spell. (because of duration/cost/break on DoTs and damage)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzyon
    I was holding on to the belief that the nerf wouldn't go live.. but now it seems it will -.-

so, after the huge nerf on prot and now on arms... Im rerolling rogue... fuck tha police

inb4 OMFG SEEN THIS THREAD 99999 TIMES ALREADY
    One question; would you profer this "nerf" over a 30% damage nerf?

Remember that only warriors, shadow priests, MM hunters and rogues can disarm, so the change is not that big after all...

Also, in patch 3.0.8 where Hunters in generel got nerfed a bout (50% less damage with Steady Shot) and BM's pets damage got reduced with 10% along with the attackspeed by 10%, we did not just reroll, we abadted to the change.......

Good luck getting anywhere as a rogue in pvp if you can't hack it as a warrior.

OP us ProWarriors/Rogues/Hunters/SPriests feed on your FOTM Re-rolling ass, tastes sweet.

I don't get why people are getting so worked up over the disarm during bladestorm. It's such a tiny nerf, and it requiers specific classes to use it. Even with the disarm bladestorm is still horribly OP, it's just Blizz throwing a bone to the rest of the playerbase "see we nerfed blade storm we do care about balance". If all you rolled a warrior for was killing someone in 1 blade storm then you are just a terribad player and even rerolling a rogue won't help you much. You probably don't have a long enough attention span to pull off a stun-lock.

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr
    Who plays arena anyway?
    ^this

Even Blizzard has given up on arena.

Quote form GC found here: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/2376...-in-woltk.html

As a point of clarification, it isn't really a goal to push as many players as possible into Arena. We think the Arena experience probably works better when the players who are participating are the ones who really enjoy it. This is in contrast to say our raiding model where we are actively trying to encourage a lot of players to raid. The goal for Arena is for it to be really fun for the players who do enjoy Arena.

We think emphasizing Battlegrounds in Cataclysm will do a lot for the players who like PvP but don't like Arenas, and to be honest, the players still doing Arenas then might very well have more fun as a result.
    You see, even blizz is abandoning arena as a serious platform. In BC the aim was to create an esport. They failed. And now Blizz just says: "Aww fuck it, this balancing thing is too much work, let's just let the kiddies that want to play in the sandbox there and the rest moves on to areas where inbalance is less under a microscope aka raiding+bgs"

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzyon
    haha, I have a life so I only play one class
    Cool story bro, you play WoW so your argument is invalid.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mibuwolf
    Would the shadowpriest and mage talents work too? Especially the mage's.
    Speaking only about the priest talent it probably won't. If something is immune to fear the disarm doesn't ever take place. Assuming the mage talent would work though since it requires you to be crit if I remember it correctly. If the mage talent has any kind of snare or root or something else the warrior would be immune to then it wouldn't work.

Although I will be testing this out when the servers come up with my warrior friend because I'm curious if I'll have more survivability against lawlstorm without having to pop dispersion.

15+ Year Old Account

All "cool story" trolls and other animals, you know maybe some people reroll, because they are disgusted by constant nerfs which their class get. Not because you think it is OP to charge and BS and their xzyy rating is purely based on this one win button macro. It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest
    All "cool story" trolls and other animals, you know maybe some people reroll, because they are disgusted by constant nerfs which their class get. Not because you think it is OP to charge and BS and their xzyy rating is purely based on this one win button macro. It is not.
    It's not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCnBIIIsMVc

Cool story bro!

Edit: also with your list of chars in your sig, you are a clear FOTM roller. First DK (got nerfed) then Paladin (got nerfed) then Rogue (probably because you thought hey rogues are always OP right?) then Lock yes Locks with new resi buffs are imba OP again (as they always are at the end of an expansion).

You sir are the greatest FOTM of them all.

90% of players don't even read patch notes ("what lfg tool are you talking about???") so they won't notice the change. A good percentage of rogues are guys like the OP, only FotM who have no clue and won't be able to properly disarm a lolstorm. The game needs a statistic for game changing disarmed bladestorms in rated arena matches :P Guess how high it will go..
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

wtf no, my poor warrior will be useless.
    brb reroll

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    Do as I did. Take a second account, do the Recruit a Friend thing. Get 10 classes to 60. Level them to 80.

That'll take you some time, but that will save you the time you waist posting random crap on forums.
    don't you think he will make tread about how leveling suck? and bitch about it... such people always make new treads if they don't like something or feel annoyed.

I wanna know when I stopped getting free epics on my warrior every time I intercept. Also my rend ticks aren't one hitting anyone now. What gives? Why do I even play this game if I can't kill anyone in one hit?

One twist on the rogue v. warrior fights is how many rogues are going to switch to a hemo build after the multiple changes to the subtlety tree in 3.3.3? Envenom rogues will still pump out the big damage, but a well played subtlety rogue will have some interesting tools now with the waylay debuff and the dagger buffs on ghostly strike and hemo... just wondering.