There is not enough disk space to complete the download.

There is not enough disk space to complete the download. Please make an additional 144 MB available on your hard disk and try again.

weird because i have 277gb on my C:drive free

Re: There is not enough disk space to complete the download.

I'm getting the same error. Are you using windows 7 by chance?

yup windows 7

I'm running 7 and instead of using the launcher I went to the WoW folder and opened the program directly. After logging in it informed me a patch is required and automatically started downloading. It's about half-way so far, but it's working.

Goodluck!

Installed fine for me

win7 x64

Apparently, Windows 7 is a moron. Doesn't know how to count.=/

Luckily for me I use Vista (bleh, but oh well) and had no problems with the patch.

So while you guys afkpizza when the realms come up, waiting for your patch to load..
    I will be in game turning in the thousand some odd marks of honor I have for random shits.

Gems maybe.
    Un-banned and ready to unleash the Cool stories.. Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    And eredar is a draenei corrupted by sargeras to fight with the Burning Legion. Just because your a lock doesn't mean your /brofistin' Sargeras. ffs ¬¬

Quote Originally Posted by Anoose
    I'm running 7 and instead of using the launcher I went to the WoW folder and opened the program directly. After logging in it informed me a patch is required and automatically started downloading. It's about half-way so far, but it's working.

Goodluck!
    It worked. Just completed download and installed fine.

To recap: run WoW manually without the launcher and it should install just fine.

I.e. learn permissions?

When you start a program it is started with Administrative rights if you are an administrator. BUT, if it attempts to start a program it will not allow the second program to start in super user mode. Know why? This is what Viruses generally do in order to kill your PC.

Same thing happened to me, went fast as hell to 90% tells me not enough space.
    (delete some crap, freeing up plenty of space)
    Not enough space *rage*
    Not enough space *RAAAGGEEE*
    I read some blue posts about the whole admin thing try that.
    6% it tells me "Invalid Torrent file" ....wtf
    restart computer
    Patch goes slow as hell, 11mins later its patched o.O
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Andorhal&cn=Stumbelline

just a heads up on downloading the game. if it comes up with that problem of running out of space, or you have to pause/stop the download, you might as well delete everything it downloaded so far and start over when you have enough time.

I came back to wow while on winter break and didn't have my cds with me. I went through the download, each part separate but at one point i choose to stop a later expansion so i could at least get the first one installed. Well, this caused a problem because for some reason when i tried to finish the download it started over, but still had all the stuff from before. It also hadn't registered in my computer's info that what was downloaded had taken up any space at all. Since my laptop is limited in memory and i had pretty much a second download of wow on it, it ran out of memory even though it thought it had room.

I figured this out when i checked the size of the folder that contained what was downloaded. It showed something like 18gigs which didn't show up on my computer's info about how much memory was left on the hard drive. So, Until you finish each expansion's download, your computer may not register how much memory was used to store the files. If you stoped or paused you might have ended up starting the download over without removing what you had previously downloaded.

I know enough about computers to know that this is what happened, i just can't figure out how or why. This happened on a windows 7 trial, so it might be a case with win7. The great thing is that once you finish installing, you can move your wow folder anywhere and it will still work on win 7. My trial expired so i bought win 7, it wouldn't let me do anything but replace the current windows. After installed, i moved my wow folder from the windows.old folder into its proper spot and its worked fine since. Didn't have to reinstall it.

Hope some of this helps.