Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Are elemental shamans fun?

depends what you want to do I'd say, if you just want to dps sometimes, elemental is cool because it's not all that complicated. if you want to do great dps then elemental can be very frustrating, failing just a bit punishes you very hard and even if you play your best you'll most likely still be beaten.

I think it's a fun OS, you don't have to put to much work in it and it still puts out pretty well in the end.

My main has been an elemental shaman since BC. I think it's a lot of fun. Good utility, high burst damage. Off spec Restoration and you can use almost most of the same gear and still be proficient as a healer when needed.

10+ Year Old Account

i leveled as enhance until the end of burning crusade when i switched to elemental because a friend suggested it. spent pretty much all of wrath as elemental; leveling, pvp, casual raiding.

just switched back to enhance about a week ago because elemental definitely got way boring to me. if you like being a turret with a 3 button rotation then go for it.

personally i find enhance much more challenging and fun to play in both pve and pvp. i also prefer the 'hybridness' of melee+caster abilities and being able to get up in the mix and not have to be a vulnerable turret.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by kilgreth
    I'm not saying that Elemental is hard but if you think it's 121212122211222 then you're pretty bad or just very misinformed. In PVE, if you're not a ToW bot then you're working in dps totems. This can be Magma Totem if you're in a heavy AoE situation, Fire Elemental or Searing Totem for single target dps. Keeping up the AoE rotation of Magma, Fire Nova, multple target Flame Shocks, Chain Lightning, Thunderstorm, Lava Burst and Lightning Bolt can be quite fun.

If you are the ToW bot then placement of your totems are key (to make use of Fire Nova) to doing decent dps in a raid situation since most fights anymore have some sort of adds. The normal rotation if you're actually able to stand still is quite simple with Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt (and Chain Lightning if you're like me). Also keep in mind that we are one of the best at interupts and snares. Oh, and we have healing buttons which actually come in quite handy if you are an elemental shaman that isn't "too good" to use them.

I love my elemental shaman. It's a blast to play! Hopefully this is enough info for you to decide.
    This. Also, to whoever said it was just spamming 2 buttons, lets see you break 1k rating in 2s. In terms of raid dps, we are almost as easy to play as arcane mages, not much difference, but in terms of pvp, it's a whole other story.

I've played many dps classes and specs, and honestly elemental is one of the easiest to play (I would consider ret to be easier).

It's mainly lightning bolt spam, with the use of lava burst on cooldown (and making sure flame shock is on the target before lava bursting). It gets a little bit more complicated if you want to squeeze as much dps as possible out of elemental (timing your casts, positioning and choosing the correct totems, etc).

I switched over from enhancement because I was tired of having 3+ sets of gear in my inventory (enhancement, plus multiple resto sets depending on the encounters). With elemental I could share a lot of equipment from resto.

Now is it fun? That's up to you. Try it out. I used to think it was boring but now I'm used to it. ;D

If you're grinding and levelling on mobs ele approaches aff lock levels of easiness. You just drop your totems near a bunch of mobs and kick them off quickly one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by XenofeX
    Yeah, palying an ele is like playing a retri pally, 12222111221113111112
    Ele shaman isnt anything like Retri paladin lol. Have you even tried a ret pala?

Its more like an ranged version of a muti rogue :P

yes they are fun

Quote Originally Posted by Laftaf
    After leveling and early raiding as enh, then switching to Resto with an ele OS. I have to say that ele is the least fun of them all for me. Ele is fun for pvp, yeah. But for raiding gets incredibly repetitive.

As far as top dps, I'll often see a skilled enh out dps an ele. and if the fight has a lot of movement, your dps will suffer greatly
    Elemental DPS is fine. I also have never been out dpsed by an enhancement shaman. 12k on saurfang.

Saying a class is repetitive or easy is just... What's so hard about other classes then? I also played DK, paladin and i am now leveling a warrior. Maybe you have 1 more skill to use, wow that makes it much more fun.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

In short? Yes, Elemental is ALOT of fun.

Maximizing the most out of a low variety of spells might not seem like a challenge, but do it wrong and you lose alot of dps. Do it right, and you're almost topping teh meterz 8)

And pvp is the BEST/Most fun as elemental.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~