Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: +10% ICC buff this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Zefaroth
    So, it is confirmed not up this week? I'm pretty sure that's what the OP wanted to know.

We don't know yet. Servers are not yet back up.

Elitist Group addon. Tells you what GS won't!

Any US confirmation on the buff?

Any US confirmation on the buff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Savarea
    We don't know yet. Servers are not yet back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere
    It's not a meme, you should do some research. There are many documentaries on it and tons of websites. All have important info to help you decide if you believe or not. I for one and coming to terms that the end of the world will start a mere 7 days before my 24th birthday.
    By definition it IS a meme. A meme is an idea, basically, and this is an idea.

I personally know that the world, as we know it, WILL end eventually. Everybody proclaiming that they know the exact time and date for it, however, is met with disbelief. Unless you can provide harder facts than "the mayans decided to end their calendar on that date".
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

3 pages and nobody gave a good answer to OP...

From Zarhym:
    As many of you may have noticed, the Icecrown Citadel raid buffs have been activated. These buffs increase total health, healing done and damage dealt by 5% for all raid members. In addition, the number of attempts on the final bosses of each wing and the Lich King allotted raid groups on Heroic difficulty has been increased to 35. These buffs -- referred to as Strength of Wrynn for the Alliance and Hellscream’s Warsong for the Horde -- can be deactivated by speaking to your faction’s leader at Light’s Hammer.
    Thursday, 4 Mar, 2010
    4 Mar... so 2 more weeks for 10% buff

Regards.

Deleted

Sweet, now I'll soon be able to take my alts through ICC. I genuinely like this.

As for the 2012 thing, the Mayan calendar doesn't say anything about destruction. 21st of december 2012 will start a new cycle in that calender, nothing more. Sure they predict big changes for a new cycle, but who knows how fast or slow. One cycle lasts about 5000 years so something changing over 50 or 100 years is relatively fast.

Do you have a quote on it definately being in one month intervals? All I've seen is speculation up to this point. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokenny

Regards.
    ....What? It's the 23rd..

Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!
    Thanks for the sig. =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    Its like Global Warming. You can't take weather data for 100ish years and base a conclusion that a planet that has existed for hundreds of millions of years is experiencing a warming trend. Sure there may be some evidence to support the theory, but it is hard to base conclusions on little information.
    This is like THE stupidest thing I've ever read. There's data about both CO2 AND temperature going back hundreds of thousands of years thanks to ice cores. So yes, they can call a trend with that kind of data.

Regards.
    Except this doesn't answer the question either. No one knows for sure when the buff will increase. When the servers come up, we'll know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai
    so 5% extra each month, up to a max of 30%?

guess cata comes in September? >.<

April; 10%
    May; 15%
    June; 20%
    July; 25%
    August; 30%
    Spetember; Cata? :>
    Makes sence tbh...
    Classic WoW.

10+ Year Old Account

Regards.
    So you just wrote a date in and bolded it? That is hardly proof.

Do you have a quote on it definately being in one month intervals? All I've seen is speculation up to this point. Thanks in advance.
    Extracted from BlizzCast Episode 13

Then over time we will be adding a buff, that won't come in until at least a month after the Lich King has been released, which will slowly improve health, damage, and healing. It will kind of improve roughly once a month, like you'll see a slight increase in that buff and for some of the more experienced guilds that are working through it or they're going through heroic modes they can easily turn off that buff if they don't want it. And then obviously the number of attempts you get on each of the final bosses, that will slowly increase over time. So say if you are struggling on Blood Queen Lana'thel and by the time you get to the Lich King you only have a few attempts left, over time it will get to where you have more attempts so you'll have a better stab at actually besting the Lich King.
    @Kyocere: I bolded the date of the buff release, and with the this explanation i think its enough proof

@Hendrixstorm: i made bad maths you are rigth, its just 1 more week for 1 moth

Quote Originally Posted by Spherimorph
    Bro, you do realize that this entire expansion has been a massive Loot Liquidation sale by Blizzard, right? Scaling comparatively, this content is by far the absolute easiest, and the biggest abomination of what raids are supposed to be. Are you a Lich King raider (that means you just started playing for WoTLK)? Because if you never raided in classic, then you don't know what hard content is. even the heroic bosses have nothing on C'Thun / Four Horsemen pre-nerfs.
    Have you killed Lich King Hard Mode(10 or 25) yet? I'm willing to bet no. As the vast majority of players have not. Most players have not even seen the Lich King 10man normal encounter yet. There are still challenging bosses. You just have a problem with the whole hard modes/heroic modes of raids. You are too attached to your precious classic raids that you think the normal versions of Wrath's raids should be just as hard as the only versions of classis raids. This is not the case. Realize that there still is "hard content". Just because it's the same instance (just harder) does not mean that once you've beat it on Normal mode, you are leet and can come here and bitch about how easy the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spherimorph
    Tanks rocking 65k health isn't noticeable?
    Okay, it's a 5% health buff... so lets do some math here. For a bear to have 65k health (with the 5% buff) that would mean:

65,000 / 1.05 = 61,905.
    (If your not good with math and want to know why I divided by 1.05 - here's a 'proof')
    61,905 x 5% = 3,095. ==> 61,905 + 3,095 = 65,000.

So, yes, a tank with 65k is not that noticeable as the tank would already have to have 61,905 health in order to reach 65,000 health.

Quote Originally Posted by darklenne
    TBH, we were doing fine without it, but despite my discomfort our raidleader went ahead and used the buff anyway....

30% extra DPS, healing and HP? They might as well leave the loot at the door.

The 5% buff is annoying to me, but at this stage it isn't too noticable. I would prefer to keep it that way if possible.
    It so interesting why people want to 'show off' (for lack of better wording) that they are cool and leet. "Oh, 5% buff... fuck that, we don't need it, I hate it. It's just to help baddies..... but hey, wtf Paladin, where's my might... GIVE ME MIGHT!"
    It's like there is something to prove via the internet that you "don't need" this buff because it's easy to jump on the bandwagon of haters alike to make yourself look cool.

Where are all the threads discussing why raids even buff at all. Why do people buy food and flasks? Haste pots... can you say CHEAP!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Extracted from BlizzCast Episode 13

@Kyocere I bolded the date of the buff release, and with the this explanation i think its enough proof

Roughly could mean 3 weeks or 5-6.

15+ Year Old Account

Regards.
    Speculation wasn't as to when the buff was implemented - it was as to whether or not they're doing it on the first Tuesday of each month. In my book "roughly once per month" doesn't mean first Tuesday of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere
    Roughly could mean 3 weeks or 5-6.
    So it's soon then, at least.

But wait, soon can mean anywhere from 1 day to three years

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon
    Speculation wasn't as to when the buff was implemented - it was as to whether or not they're doing it on the first Tuesday of each month. In my book "roughly once per month" doesn't mean first Tuesday of the month.
    Nobody really knows, ive only put on the table all the available information at this point,

The buff was released 4 mar, and it will be increasing in "roughly" a month... thats all

Personally i think it will be released next week, since they want to follow a regular basis on buff upgrades and 1 moth sounds reasonable.