Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Most unexpected video game plot twists *Will be spoiler heavy*

Some video games have bad stories, others have good stories, and no good story is set without an unexpected plot twist, note that this topic will be spoiler heavy, and if you want to read past this point in the post, don't get mad because it's your choice to read

Main point, what were the most shocking video game plot twists for you?

Mine would be a good bit from tales of symphonia, not including that the angels were really elvolved half elves, and that kratos, who betrayed you, was actually the main character's father, and an angel himself, there's a LOT more, more than I can really name, ToS is a great game, really, but the plot twists make the storyline end as something similair to a pretzel

If this topic isn't okay, a mod can feel free to delete it for me
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

Re: Most unexpected video game plot twists *Will be spoiler heavy*

First Super Mario game, hoped for Peach, and got a Toad instead. Christ sake, the game was hard as a child

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    First Super Mario game, hoped for Peach, and got a Toad instead. Christ sake, the game was hard as a child
    Made me gigle :P

But there's many twists that have made me rais an eyebrow.
    That Rinoa was the evil sorceress Ultimecia, or that she possesed her body, in Final Fantasy VIII.

But recently I have played the most plot turning game ever, Heavy Rain, with all it's multiple endings you'll never get a story so good again.
    Happy troll since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    The fact that the original toad sprite is giving you a double middle finger is also pretty shocking
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

KOTOR-The player is Darth Revan
    Alma, alma, piros alma, ha nem ízlik harapj szarba
    Széna, szalma, köpönyeg, nyálazd meg a tökömet
    Ak engem baszogat, vegye be a faszomat!

Irnlord, biggest troll on Terenas EU - Horde.

Final Fantasy X...

Sin is Jecht...OMGWTFBBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by WillfulHarbinger
    Final Fantasy X...

Sin is Jecht...OMGWTFBBQ.
    Yep 10 had the best storyline though imo

Borderlands the vault has no loots just a giant tentacle monster who may drop a green.(one of the worst endings ever imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Conquestaxe
    Yep 10 had the best storyline though imo

Borderlands the vault has no loots just a giant tentacle monster who may drop a green.(one of the worst endings ever imo)
    I just completed Borderlands not long ago, the ending was a huge disappointment if you really got into it. Left me wondering what was in the vault the whole time only to find out you could not get in because it closed back up while you were fighting the final ending (PS if you are going through the second playthrough thinking you will get some sort of REAL ending, dont bother, it is the same)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I'd have to say getting MGS2 and expecting to kick ass as Snake and then playing almost 99% of it as Raiden. Not really a plot twist, just everyone gettin bamboozled. Game was still incredible, though.

I would have to say, Mass Effect, and figuring out what Sovereign was was pretty interesting. But I will admit, I haven't played many games with good plot twists.

Finding out about the conspiracy and joining the NSF in Deus EX
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Not really a plot "twist", but I was pretty annoyed by the fact that the end of Golden Sun was after you go to two out of four lighthouses, basicly saying "well if you wanna finish this story, go buy the second game !"

Quote Originally Posted by Arctanis
    I just completed Borderlands not long ago, the ending was a huge disappointment if you really got into it. Left me wondering what was in the vault the whole time only to find out you could not get in because it closed back up while you were fighting the final ending (PS if you are going through the second playthrough thinking you will get some sort of REAL ending, dont bother, it is the same)
    Borderlands was more about the enjoyment of the game rather then the story. The whole story was stupid from the getgo. It is slightly improved the some of the DLC packs though, namely the Armory one.

Quote Originally Posted by dotOrion
    Not really a plot "twist", but I was pretty annoyed by the fact that the end of Golden Sun was after you go to two out of four lighthouses, basicly saying "well if you wanna finish this story, go buy the second game !"
    No way they'd fit both the first and the second in one cart tho. Also, The Lost Age was fkin worth it.

My biggest was in Golden Sun: The Lost Age, after beating the last boss and finding out who Doom Dragon was and realizing what we'd been doing. Story pointed to that end I guess, but I was young, I didn't understand fully ;P Can't wait for number 3 now!
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

Star Ocean: Till The End of Time. You find out that the whole Star Ocean universe was just a game created by people. So the epic 40 hours I put into SO 1 and 60+ I put into Star Ocean 2...were all just a small part of a person playing/watching a game.

It was a stupid plot twist but it made me go ...wtf.

Deleted

In Bioshock when Atlas turned out to be Fontaine and had genetically modified you to be his slave for the sole reason of killing Andrew Ryan and taking controll of rapture.

Biggest suprise EVER!

When I played Aion and went through Ascension

I disconnected and got an erorr

That sure was unexpected !

Quote Originally Posted by marojo60
    In Bioshock when Atlas turned out to be Fontaine and had genetically modified you to be his slave for the sole reason of killing Andrew Ryan and taking controll of rapture.

Biggest suprise EVER!
    100% agreeing with you sir. My jaw dropped and stayed hanging for sometime. Also, forgot to add that Andrew Ryan was actually his father, and the whole prostitute story, I don't remember it clearly. Such an awesome game.
    Also, CoD:MW2 Single Player campaign has some unexpected plot twists too, though not as shocking as Bioshock.

Quote Originally Posted by marojo60

Biggest suprise EVER!
    "Will you kindly get stepped on by a big daddy."

Quote Originally Posted by Powder
    . Also, CoD:MW2 Single Player campaign has some unexpected plot twists too, though not as shocking as Bioshock.
    I found it very shocking that Shepard (think that's his name) is working with the Russians!