What makes a UI?

Just wondering what the MMO community considers making up of a UI. I know that by technical definition a user interface is everything that is seen by the user, so all parts of the screen make up the complete UI, but at the same time I personally feel like UIs should be more focused on the actual look and feel of the screen as in textures etc. I see a lot of UIs that include dozens upon dozens of addons each purposefully placed, sized, etc. but I may not want all of those addons, or maybe I want more addons, or different placements for different classes, etc.

Right now I am using SpartanUI, but really only for the bottom texture thing, I changed around the bt4 profile, one for pet classes(lock and hunter), one for aura classes(pally, dk, warr), and one for the remaining classes. The extra addons that I have change in size, placement, and even which ones are active, depending on what toon I am playing on.

So for those who download UIs and make them, how important to you are additional addons? Do you freely change, add, delete, or reposition addons? Or do they remain as default, a core part of the original UI?
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account

Re: What makes a UI?

What makes a UI for me is everything to be nice and neat, perfect were stuff should go and no clutter! And the only addon I like to get when I change UIs are Oglow and Some kind of Bag/Bank addon.

I use Tuk UI. http://www.tukui.org/home/
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Personally I am a bit of an information freak, so there will never be a compilation that has exactly what I want to know.
    Therefore if I was ever to use a premade one, then I would most certainly be adding stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I like my UI a bit clean, but still giving me information, so I hide most of my buttons, and have the information around so it will help me know what is about to come, I use my own UI.

My UI is completely focused on enhancing my gameplay.

I have massive debuffs near the centre of my screen,
    I have no clutter or fancy stuff
    My enemy castbar is huge so I can see what's being cast

I'd take a screenshot but on my lappy

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I've always been a fan of minimalistic UI packs and my fav would be TuK UI http://www.tukui.org/home/
    That pack r made of pure awesomeness!