Thread: Resto Question

Resto Question

So i just changed from 4p t9 to 2p t10 2p t9 and it seems like my heals dropped drasticallyanyone else experienced this is ther a different spec that works with 2pt10 profile is in sig
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Roshney
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Velynara
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Shalischa

Re: Resto Question

one of our main resto druids complained about the same thing early into ICC but within a week or so he seemed to iron out all the bugs, i play feral myself so i dont know if he changed spec but he defy switched to using the glyph of wild growth

I experienced the same thing at first, just make sure you use your WG on every CD (preferably on melee or a group so that none of it is wasted).

There have been a lot of discussions about 2p/4p t9 and t10 on these forums. Nevertheless, the quick answer to your question is this:

The 2p bonus of each set is pretty terrible. Neither will likely have a significant impact on healing done. The 4p of each set, on the other hand, are both very good. In general, it's a bad idea to drop a 4p bonus for 2p/2p.

The 2pc t10 is actually quite good. On the other hand the 2pc t9 is pretty much useless. Early into icc, I switched to 2pc t10 and completely abandoned t9. I did this because i had significantly better options for the slots(marrowgar 25 gloves and rotface 25 helm).

What this comes down to, is that 2pc t10 can be an improvement over 4pc t9 if used properly. To make it work, you need to ensure that WG is cast on a group where all 5(or 6) people will get the hot, and you need to ensure that you use it every single CD. You also need to completely abandon t9 for significant upgrades in spell power and haste.

If you only have the options of 2pcT10/2pcT9 or 4pcT9 then you need to stay with T9 till you can get 4pc T10.

Quote Originally Posted by Trod
    So i just changed from 4p t9 to 2p t10 2p t9 and it seems like my heals dropped drasticallyanyone else experienced this is ther a different spec that works with 2pt10 profile is in sig
    With the Teir 9 - Teir 10 transition you will need to have a dramastic switch from crit to haste and it may take a while for you to see a huge improvement, but you've just got to play with it and find ways to make it work for you for. Until you get your haste up to par you may have a hard time with the new set but its certainly better to head that way then stick with your old set bonus in my eyes. (<a href="http://www.therestorationdruid.com/G...te.html">Click Here for some additional Resto Druid Haste Info</a>). The big treat comes when you can get the 4p Teir 10, it will make it all worth while and once you get haste capped you will definitely see your heals go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    The 2p bonus of each set is pretty terrible. Neither will likely have a significant impact on healing done. The 4p of each set, on the other hand, are both very good. In general, it's a bad idea to drop a 4p bonus for 2p/2p.
    Quote Originally Posted by stoliohranj
    If you only have the options of 2pcT10/2pcT9 or 4pcT9 then you need to stay with T9 till you can get 4pc T10.
    Just adding some backup to these. Don't switch out of 4T9 until you've got 4T10.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Just adding some backup to these. Don't switch out of 4T9 until you've got 4T10.
    kind of hard to do a immediate switch between the two, with 4pT9 you want crit and then will be bad with 4pT10 where you need the haste which you won't have if you've been stacking crit for the old 4p

Quote Originally Posted by Arria
    kind of hard to do a immediate switch between the two, with 4pT9 you want crit and then will be bad with 4pT10 where you need the haste which you won't have if you've been stacking crit for the old 4p
    IMO you want haste with 4T9 anyway. Reaching the GCD cap is still better than stacking crit for Rejuv.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    IMO you want haste with 4T9 anyway. Reaching the GCD cap is still better than stacking crit for Rejuv.
    yea good point lol I guess I somehow forgot why we needed haste which wasn't the new teir its the change to the tree. IDK what I was thinking lol