Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand or Oathbinder, Charge of the Range

hi. i ask you if you can tell me what is the best between these 2 weapon to human pally retry pve:
    Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General - link: http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=50425
    Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand - link: http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=50070

thank you

Re: Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand or Oathbinder, Charge of the Range

Do you need Expertise? Y/N

Difficult decisions here.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand or Oathbinder, Charge of the Range

I'd say http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=50070 more crit, Str and the same speed/range as the other one, but that's just my opinion, I know very little about Ret.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

While its said that Oathbinder is BiS, Glorenzelg is right behind it. And once the patch with cata changes come Oathbinder will be totally useless. Your choice.

Deleted

They are very equal in power, it depends if you can fit in the phat amount of expertise in your gearsetup or not.

Gloren wins on cool points though, that sword model looks awesome. Only downside is that people will suspect you to be wearing the marrowgar10 garbarge sword that it shares model with.

for me polearm wins the cool weapon contest, but with the cataclysm changes upcoming, it'd be good idea to pick up the sword before you pick up polearm for tiny bit more dps (?)

I've got both plate heal gears and mails for example... just to be on the safe side

If your 4 piece T10 contains gloves instead of pants, then you can fit the Expertise from Glorenzelg, making it the BiS weapon before Shadowmourne and Heroic version of itself.

anyway, a setup like that is better for alliance paladins than the one currently listed in EJ BiS thread (which is optimized for Blood elves).

If your human, Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand + 264 Tier Legs = Exp cap exactly. If your not human....277 Legs + Heroic sword = Exp Cap, meaning, no more exp needed on any other gear!!! yay...so much more options on gear with Exp being out of the way with only 2 pieces of gear.

Deleted

Actually the guy above me is correct.

Assuming you are familiar with the standard EJ BiS list

A good Glorenzelg setup looks like this:
    4PT10 with gloves and then 277 Scourge Reaver's Legplates as the offpiece. Not using legs gives you room for the extra expertise on the sword but overcaps you on hit due to gloves. This is fixed by replacing 277 Polar Bear Claw Bracers with 277 Toskk's Maximized Wristguards.

I actually like this setup a bit more than the Oathbinder setup, simply because not using a dress looks way better and the Glorenzelg is sweet as hell.

15+ Year Old Account

Obviously, Glorenzelg is a Pally weapon in every sense.
    "High-Blade of the Silver Hand"
    "Paragon of Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness"

Cmon now, I would take this weapon simply for its name and flavor text, even if it had spirit and armor pen. /sadface, i wont ever get this.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew
    I actually like this setup a bit more than the Oathbinder setup, simply because I am extremely insecure and wouldn't dare to be seen in a dress.
    Don't sweat, man. I fixed it for ya.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Don't sweat, man. I fixed it for ya.
    Kelts are good hiding places to put your extra items.

Also, Samurai Jack kicks ass in a dress, so /flex

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Kelts are good hiding places to put your extra items.

Also, Samurai Jack kicks ass in a dress, so /flex
    Also makes room for an extra socket
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand or Oathbinder, Charge of the R

T2 was a dress

</thread>