Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Nochanneling macro - Good/Bad?

I've just never felt that no channeling macros are great (personal opinion) - I think the best thing to do would be to test it yourself and see if it makes any difference

Now I took the liberty of trying out a nochanneling macro in VoA yesterday, with about 30ms. I personally couldn't get used to it, it felt limiting, and I felt I missed Mind Flays I normally would have cast because I was pressing it to early and expecting a spell to go off (I don't look at my spells nor keys while gaming).

I suppose a nochanneling can be good/bad for a lot of people. It's really something to work out with yourself. Not something anyone can decide for you on a forum.

Nochanneling macro's effectively increase the communication delay when casting spells. There's a good discussion in the Shadowpriest DPS 101 thread around page 33/34. You can also find more information at shadowpriest.com.

Some people may have specific circumstances where they find it's a DPS increase but in the general case use of a nochanneling macro will lower your maximum DPS potential.