weapon switching macro/addon

hey guys, i like many others have been trying out subt, and im trying to do testing with daggers using Hemo and BS, and just Hemo and with axes/daggers with weapon switching for Shadow dance but i cant find any macros or addons anywhere, any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Ryan

Re: weapon switching macro/addon

/equipslot 16 [name of weapon you want]
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

yes, but is there a macro taht would change Mainhand weapon and offhand weapon around when i press it once, then if ipress it again it changes them back

OR

Changes mainhand weapon and offhand weapon around when i use shadowdance then when i press it again (WHen shadowdance is over) it would change them back?

Why would you want that, you want a 1.4 weapon in your offhand at all times for more deadly poison proccs.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

yes, but for shadowdance i need a dagger in my mainhand for ambush, then i need to switch it back afterwards for deadly poison

I was fairly sure they killed all weapon swapping macros, but then again, I don't keep up with rogues much.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Hey buddy, ill help ya out

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia
    I was fairly sure they killed all weapon swapping macros, but then again, I don't keep up with rogues much.
    They did not remove them at all, still golden and perfect

I may only play my 60 rogue twink but I use this macro for entering stealth, i hit my macro (equip dagger MH) then ambush my target while instnatly putting swords back on (im Combat)

Anyway the macro I use is as follows:

/equipslot 16 [shift+click your weapon here]
    /equipslot 17 [shift+click your OH weapon here]

the numbers might be wrong on that, i am not online right now so i cant check, sry.

If you only want MH simply dont include the 2nd one.
    Now from what i gathered you want to switch back after "shadowdance" so... this is what your SECOND macro will be

/cast Shadowdance
    /equipslot 16 [shift+click your weapon here]
    /equipslot 17 [shift+click your OH weapon here]

however this time you put your original weapons in the slots instead of the dagger. Once you make this macro simply replace your "Shadowdance" hotkey with this, it will cast your ability that you want and instantly put your weapons that you want back on when its completed.

Keep in mind that you can replace /cast Shadowdance with any other ability, this is a extermely useful macro and using Ambush with it as Combat gives me a crazy boost in damage for pvp just imagine "Stealth, dagger equiped, Ambush 2k+ crit swords back on instantly and sinister strikes for 1k, then killing spree for 4-6k" boom any other 60 has just taken 10k dmg in under 5 seconds from me hehehe

Anyway enjoy Ryan, ill keep a eye on the thread if you need more details
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Ah, I wasn't thinking of the macro in that sense. When I read weapon swapping, I assumed in the sense of the ones where you only hit the macro once to activate it upon logging in. Would start you with a weapon with one poison on it (I don't know the poison names.. envenom, maybe?), when that poison stacked to 5 it would automatically switch to a weapon with a different poison, then switch back before the stack dropped off, refresh, switch back, etc. I'm almost positive that those were indeed killed, but yeah, ignore me in that case. :P

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Ah I see what you mean, no worries I believe those ones are gone for good, unfortunately.
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

so with taht macro, could i then use

/cast Shadow Dance
    /equipslot 16 Heartpierce
    /equipslot 17 Frost Giant's Cleaver

Then have a shift modifer to switch them back, so when i use shift+that it then change it back to normal, i cant remember what the shift modifier command is so could somebody help? (:

you sure can dude, just make the exact same macro (without the cast) and put the weapons you want to continue the fight with, for the sake of this post imagine that your Key binding for the first macro is "Z" now for teh second one make it "Shift+Z" and b4 you know it you will be able to do them incredibly quickly, remember weapon swaps have no global CD unless they have a "Use"