Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How is the new 4pc T10 bonus (healing set)?

Hi fellow priests,

I might have missed it, if it's the case, I apologize.

However, I was wondering if someone tested the new 4pc bonus of the healing T10 set, and if it's worth taking, or should we stick to the offset ones?

Re: How is the new 4pc T10 bonus (healing set)?

What's there to test, it's a straight out 10% bonus to Circle of Healing. Nothing's really hidden in that.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Or, if you're disc (guessing you are from your sig), it's a straight out 5% bonus to PW:S. Either way it's worth picking up, though you might still favor your off-set items situationally.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Yeah, I should have given more details.

I'm disc indeed, and I was wondering if it was worth taking not so well itemized tier pieces, for the set bonus (I can only get the 251 ones) or get the 2 264 badges ones, that are much better itemized (chest and gloves).

15+ Year Old Account

One could argue that the itemization on Tier is irrelevant for Discipline since some will claim that you don't need Haste or Crit or whatever. For some fights this can be true, if you are stacking Spell Power as Disc, it makes sense to me that this bonus is an upgrade as it achieves what your gemming is also achieving, kick ass strong shields.

However, one could also argue that at high gear levels, the gemmed Spell Power and the ICC buff will make your shields strong enough, but what else is there to stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    However, one could also argue that at high gear levels, the gemmed Spell Power and the ICC buff will make your shields strong enough, but what else is there to stack?
    With this to look forward to, I won't be thinking our shields are too strong any time soon ;D.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Boring, ordinary, weak, without juice, not worth endgame tier.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
    I hope shadowfiend will still be able to do damage in 3.1., it's my second "nuke" button next to Inner Focus!

Leap of faith:
    Good news everyone, we can now heal stupidity!
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...l&cn=Brokolice

Apparently, no definite answer.

Given my gear level (average must be 245-251), I still value SP, crit and to a lower extend haste very much (my very low overhealing shows it, if anything else).

I'll have to check how much of them I loose by taking the 4pc set before deciding I suppose :-)

15+ Year Old Account

Stats are crap compared to offset items. If you will be getting the heroic versions eventually then it is better.

The change to our 4pc is for lazy healers (I.E. dont want to watch for the proc and just have a passive bonus). The old 4pc provided much more burst (sure RnG but the burst was there) and overall was a better bonus then this new passive.

Everyone complained about the FH they had to cast to reset the CoH. Most of the times it was a damn SoL proc anyway. When you were healing raid, and you hit CoH and then got a proc, then do an instant FH and another instant CoH, the burst healing you could provide was amazing. The craziness started when you chained proced and get 1,2,3,4,5+ procs in a row. This would literaly save from wipes.

A 10% increase to CoH, while nice, will never be as game changing as our old 4pc was.

But to answer your question, i think the increase in stats and the 10% CoH is > the tier 9 pieces with the 20% to PoM bonus. Maybe EJs has more accurate #s for you though.

I have access to 277 gear so it is easier for me to switch.

10+ Year Old Account

It seems there are a few here scared of EJ, but there have been a couple of good posts on the value of the 4pc T10 for Disc. This specifically.

Haste is a largely unused stat, but then again so is Spirit and to a lesser degree Crit. Thing is we generally choose SP / Crit / Haste gear if we can because 245+ we don't need any more regen than the Int that comes on our gear, making Spirit less desirable and Haste because 1 second FH tank healing is about as sexy as it gets for Disc.

That means that if we sacrifice Crit / Haste for Spirit on 4 pieces to gain what is essentially extra SP, then that's what we're going to do because it's going to increase our best 25 man healing ability.

Yes, 25 H LK Infest hits like a double dose of Mac trucks and we're specifically gearing up a 2nd MS Disc Priest just for that fight. I suspect with the 4pc T10 and the zone buff affecting Shields now we'll possibly see the first HM Arthas down this week (assuming it's still not bugging).

Quote Originally Posted by Brokolice
    Boring, ordinary, weak, without juice, not worth endgame tier.
    +1

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    With this to look forward to, I won't be thinking our shields are too strong any time soon ;D.
    Hah! Well the normal mode is pretty weak and a combination of my current shields and another Priests' (disc for this fight) and a Druid nullify this. The Heroic mode, however, as you mentioned may change my mind on my above opinion/stance!

10+ Year Old Account

Hah! Well the normal mode is pretty weak and a combination of my current shields and another Priests' (disc for this fight) and a Druid nullify this. The Heroic mode, however, as you mentioned may change my mind on my above opinion/stance!
    4k Raid buffed SP Shields / full Rejuvs / PoH and Infests were still getting through - that fight is redonkulous.

Anyone know the current situation on world class guilds and their raid composition? Specifically what their Disc priest(if any) are using. Because if somehow 4pc T10 makes the content beatable, I'd laugh my ass off...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Anyone know the current situation on world class guilds and their raid composition? Specifically what their Disc priest(if any) are using. Because if somehow 4pc T10 makes the content beatable, I'd laugh my ass off...
    Well high end Discs are gearing specifically for LK HM atm, so unless you're working on the same content you won't get much use out of seeing what they're doing. Trying looking at Discs in guilds with (about) the same or just above your progression and get a feel for what they're doing. You'll get much better results that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    Well high end Discs are gearing specifically for LK HM atm, so unless you're working on the same content you won't get much use out of seeing what they're doing. Trying looking at Discs in guilds with (about) the same or just above your progression and get a feel for what they're doing. You'll get much better results that way.
    I'm not looking for any ideas, simply because I have not been able to actually do any progression raids since 3.3 because my account was hacked(got most of my stuff back) and for some reason, Blizz decided to suspend my account after my game time was supposed to expire, so I spent a while trying to get it back.

It was just something that piqued my interest.

As disc, I can see the 4pc being much more useful now.

As holy, not so much. IMO, the amount of haste lost from taking the 4-pc (instead of off-set pieces) will not outweigh the set bonus benefit.

Disc for raid shielding like an idiot: 10/10
    Disc for raid support: 4/10
    Disc for 2 healing 10s: 0/10
    Disc for LK specifically: 0/10
    Holy: 8/10

Larger shields on Lich King are meaningless. Point is to increase Int and reduce shield size so that shields are broken by Infest, set bonus sucks on LK. Also sucks for 2 healing as you'll be using shields much less. Decent for raid support, but not worth the poor stat allocation. Extremely good for the average Disc Priest who just spams shields on everything regardless of how the encounter works.

For Holy it's decent. The 5% Renew was better, but this is still good. Forces you to take two Spirit/Crit items, but working in other haste/crit items allows you to not go overboard on Spirit because of it and not lose too much haste. Head/Shoulders/Gloves/Legs are now BiS for sure. Chest is still trash.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Disc for raid shielding like an idiot: 10/10
    Disc for 2 healing 10s: 0/10
    Disc for LK specifically: 0/10
    Holy: 8/10

Larger shields on Lich King are meaningless. Point is to increase Int and reduce shield size so that shields are broken by Infest, set bonus sucks on LK. Also sucks for 2 healing as you'll be using shields much less. Decent for raid support, but not worth the poor stat allocation. Extremely good for the average Disc Priest who just spams shields on everything regardless of how the encounter works.
    I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with you. Raid bubbling + PoM in 10 mans is amazing and I've done this for months now for most of ICC.

Bridge shields between 2 Infests, don't shield the tanks and magically you'll hardly run oom on LK. Rapture bug is sill OP.