Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: How to deal with.. "Sensitive" players?

Quote Originally Posted by eskolinaar
    Maybe raid chat isnt the right place to discuss this. We usually do this in our guild forum.

We also usually don't kick someone from our guild for being bad. We just dont take them on raids and discuss what should be changed by them to be able to raid again.
    The reasoning for saying it in raid chat was because we had been wiping on Putricide due to the lack of big heals on the tank. I agree saying it out loud like that in /raid was not the best idea but like I had mentioned, the paladin was ignoring the whispers.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ink
    And no, kicking them is not an option. I don't want to throw people away, I want to know how to fix problems like this.

I'll tell you a story of what happened yesterday in a guild.

We have a new Holy Paladin who is not that used to playing Holy just yet. He does decent heals. One of our more advanced Holy Paladins has been whispering him multiple times trying to help him, but he just ignores her.
    The more advanced Holy Paladin is now a little bit annoyed that the new Holy Paladin is ignoring her whispers and gives her advice in /raid chat instead. From there, the newer Paladin proceeds to say that her advice is stupid (even though it really isn't!), gets upset and ignores me after I whisper him asking if he would at least consider her advice because his heals aren't exactly up to par with his gear.

After that event we decided to do some 70 heroics to try at a chance of the mounts, and while I'm healing him (I am a druid) he keeps right-clicking off my HoTs and Buffs. :/

Any suggestions on how to deal with players like this?
    must be a stubborn kid or something because there really is nothing wrong with getting tips or advices and follow them if they are effective and constructive

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mofi
    must be a stubborn kid or something because there really is nothing wrong with getting tips or advices and follow them if they are effective and constructive
    I agree, which was why I was seeking advice on situations like this.

Thank you all for your input. I'll see what I can do about him. Off to bed for me now!

10+ Year Old Account

We have one of these aswell, its not upto me wether he stays or not, he's a very good healer... but he is a very bad performer, always getting hit by stuff he shouldnt get hit by (example: like standing too close to frozen tomb targets on sindragosa)

If they dont want to listen, set a target for the healer. If they cant meet the target prior to the raid, dont bring them.

If they continualy dont meet the target they will either leave of their own accord or start asking why.

imo, kick the fkr

this isn't being sensitive, this is being a moron. either he shapes up or boot him

as a guild leader of a family style guild I have to put up with a lot of lackluster performances. BUT I refuse to put up with flat out rudeness. Ignoring someone in your own guild is a BAD sign. It shows that they have no intention on being helpful to the guild. In my opinion there should not be anyone in a guild unless they are there to help the guild in some way shape or form. Kick. You can be kind and tell him that he has 1 more shot. But I would be sure that he was put on probation as well. Let him know that until his attitude improves he will not have access to anything from the guildbank and has not loot privledges. Have your officers vote occasionally on whether or not his attitude has improved enough to restore his status in the guild. This will more than likely force him to /gquit, but for those that are mature enough to respect others and not cause problems, it will be a wake up call. Which the later are the type you want in your guild.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I agree that gkicking shouldn't be your first option, but all things considered, remember that his negative behavior puts a damper on the game play of your whole guild.
    Putting up with him for too long can easily lead to quality players leaving your guild behind. There comes a point where you need to decide if its worth carrying a bad player/bad personality or just moving on.

i used to have a guildie like this, we made him into our emo mascot and he got gkicked atleast twice a day before he didnt accept the reinv someone would always throw him.

think about it, if this guy doesnt want to take any advice and wont even let your put hots or buffs on him because of his childish "pride" - a good talking to wont fix it, he'll either ignore you or tell you to stfu

he is clearly a retard (clicking buffs off.. i mean wtf) have some fun and troll him before kick imo!!

Deleted

As a 16 year old and extreme humanist (you know, the kind of person who'd rather spend 15 minutes being a diplomat between two equally annoying and crappy players in a random dungeon, than leave and find less annoying people) I have to say people like this kid are making me lose my faith in humanity.

He obviously doesn't understand friendly, constructive criticism. Kick him. He's crossed the line in my book.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm a social player who does some raids with my guild (currently Ulduar, so we're not doing the hardest content). I know it can be annoying when people push you towards a higher goal (skill, hps) than you'd aim for yourself. Reading your story it seems he doesn't want to improve, though I'm unsure about the reason. One could be he's not appreciating the way you kinda insist him to do better, or he's just happy about the way he manages things. I guess you could ask him *why* he's ignoring the advice.

That said, cancelling HoTs is just plain childish. Ignoring all advice is silly too, because there must be some advice which would be easily taken and gets you improved without needing hardcore raid skills.

If I were you, I wouldn't spend efforts on him improving, because it seems he's not willing to improve. Either accept him the way he acts, or do not accept him and kick him out.

They certainly need to be brought back down to Earth. You should probably put Holy stuff aside for the time being, and talk to them about their attitude instead - ask them why they're rejecting advice and such. If they don't give a reason and still stick with ignoring it, there's a serious issue there, which would normally be difficult to resolve with anything but a kick.

Do you know of any close friends/family of theirs that also play the game? If you can get someone that they're bound to listen to, and ask them to try and get the point across, that could work.

On a side note, I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly why he's acting like that. Not wanting to admit that you're wrong or that you've been doing things the wrong way is one thing, but this guy's trying to hide in a spotlight by claiming that there's no such thing as a lightbulb.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Unfortunately, there's not really much you can do with this guy. For one, he's acting really selfish. WoW is a group game. It's about working together to achieve something, but he's pretty set that he's going to do exactly what he wants and only what he wants. Maybe he doesn't want to be Holy but is too timid to say anything, or maybe he's just chronically uncooperative.

Regardless, you need to take action now. Start with a probation and PUG the extra healer if you need to, but do NOT take him on raids. If you absolutely must, restrict him from obtaining any loot as someone suggested above. But by letting him continue as normal, you're rewarding his selfish behavior.

People don't change by themselves, so he's gonna need a swift kick in the rear if you want to keep him around. Honestly, though, people like that aren't really worth the trouble.

The reasoning for saying it in raid chat was because we had been wiping on Putricide due to the lack of big heals on the tank. I agree saying it out loud like that in /raid was not the best idea but like I had mentioned, the paladin was ignoring the whispers.
    Let me guess: FoL Holydin? Tell him to respec that shit right quick-like.

But back on topic: Remove him from your raid roster until he decides he's ready to do his job properly.

look at it this way, great players take criticism from more experianced players and puts it into practice.. i have 6 80's and 9/10 the all out perform others with better gear at all tasks simply due to the fact that whenever i invest time in lvling an 80 i want to know how to do it right otherwise im jsut hurting everyone anyway, if they arent going to take the time to improve themselves as players then dont waste your time trying to help them

1 word: Kick
    1st: you say he was new at hes spec. 2nd: He is acting inmature <-- this cannot occure in a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerbeard
    Let me guess: FoL Holydin? Tell him to respec that shit right quick-like.

But back on topic: Remove him from your raid roster until he decides he's ready to do his job properly.
    There is no "respec" for FoL>HL. Ive seen many FoL pallies with the proper holy/prot spec. Its a change in PLAYSTYLE that needs to come.

OT:Probation, as everyone else said above.
    Quote Originally Posted by hottdog
    This kid is the reason I hesitate on every app I read from a kid under 18. Most of the time they just aren't worth the headache.
    Way to generalize.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

15+ Year Old Account

From what your saying its either;

A. Complete moron in which case he can´t be helped without a kick (to realize he is the one at fault).

B. He does it intentionally to piss you off - in which case kick is the best option.

So in short unless you got some casual guild where people can wank off and do whatever they like (and you not being more strict towards the guy really does point to that atm) you ought to give him one final warning to use the advice he has been given otherwise he is out.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Any suggestions on how to deal with players like this?
    Stop trying to help him and keep holy paladin recruitment open. He will either realize he's got to shape up or you will eventually recruit a better player and can put the drama queen on indefinite sitout.

You cannot "fix" stupid.