Thread: RIP BGs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: RIP BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    I think you are completely over reacting. In the worse case scenario you get a BG you don't like and go afk for 30 minutes (after leaving the BG). Its not the end of the world.
    The worst-case would be that he would never be to get to WSG or AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    Bgs never died.
    Think about it:
    The problem with PvP in general is that if you don't arena you obviously don't have a personal arena rating. If you don't have a personal arena rating its not worth PvPing for PvP gear. A system that has absolutely no rewards is normally not that popular.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx

An hour?! Whoa! You should try Vindication and enjoy your 5 hour queues since WotLK started!
    My point exactly, even less of a reason for him to cry.
    - Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Zergall
    It didn't fix the queue time, at all. even in the random BG queue, on Bloodlust-US you still have a 10-15 mins queue horde side.
    Dude, 10-15min queue is NOTHING! I bet you'd kill yourself if you'd ever play on the old battlegroup I was in (Vindication-EU) where it could take up to 3 hours at worst to get in some BG's, so 10-15 mins feels like nothing tbh.

That happened before too. Nothing changed here.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    They [flame leviathan ++] were made for fun.

Yes, their easy. They were ment to be. It's for fun.

And their imo 2 of the funnest fights in the game atm (I'd say 9 and 10 on my top 10)
    you did it wrong! FL was far from easy back then. we started ulduar with FL +4 towers, and it was an insanely hard encounter. but let me guess, you facerolled it in eez-mode? ok, 'twas easy.

edit ontopic. hehe:
    i will go back to BGs come cataclysm, i think. they were a lot of fun with "premade" groups in vanilla - especially WSG and AB.

I like how some people think you shouldn't be able to play what you like in a freakin game.

So, what you thought was that on the DAY or DAY AFTER a BRAND NEW FEATURE is released... people wouldn't be using it?

Give it some time, and all the people looking for specific BGs will return. I can't promise you the queues will be short, but some people have been dealing with 45min queues even before this. This random BG tool is more good than bad. Suck it up.
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

I got about 5 eots games today for my stupid random, kept losing every single one. Lost all the IOC and AV games today too (AV loss is rare though).

Took longer to do my daily random that it used to take doing the daily BG.

Overall though, what I expected. I mean, I never go EoTS because it's just epic fail. 14 people going for flag, and 1 person trying to actually win. Random BG is random, so you just get pot luck. I'm not a fan for my warrior (don't need honor, just arena points), but for my upcoming priest...think I might enjoy it. shorter queue times on whatever BG Sylvanas is on, and more honor (even for loss now if it's wsg, which is nice). Honor farming should be quicker I hope.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Or maybe -gasp- do BGs you don't like. PVErs have to do heroics they don't like all the time.
    THIS!

You are not special stop QQing about it, everyone has to do things they dont like once in a while. So let me guess when there was Daily PVP quests you just didn't do them unless they were WSG/AB right?

Then whats the difference in /afk-ing out of a BG if you get one you dont like...
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    I got about 5 eots games today for my stupid random, kept losing every single one. Lost all the IOC and AV games today too (AV loss is rare though).

Took longer to do my daily random that it used to take doing the daily BG.

Overall though, what I expected. I mean, I never go EoTS because it's just epic fail. 14 people going for flag, and 1 person trying to actually win. Random BG is random, so you just get pot luck. I'm not a fan for my warrior (don't need honor, just arena points), but for my upcoming priest...think I might enjoy it. shorter queue times on whatever BG Sylvanas is on, and more honor (even for loss now if it's wsg, which is nice). Honor farming should be quicker I hope.
    - eots is cool; 15 people trying to win and one keeps farming the flag while the rest is sitting on 4/0
    - bgs with friends are bgs with friends
    - oh, you're an arena pwnor, woohoo
    - you have a twink, wohooo
    - honor farming should be an endless pain in the ass, and people should only go to bgs for fun

I love how people seem to bitch just because they don't get their way.

STFU and play the game, like you are going to. Or, do everyone a favor, and freeze your account.
    Un-banned and ready to unleash the Cool stories.. Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    And eredar is a draenei corrupted by sargeras to fight with the Burning Legion. Just because your a lock doesn't mean your /brofistin' Sargeras. ffs ¬¬

Wow, the random BG system has been out for a day at most and people are already complaining?

Paying for a game that makes you so annoyed does make sense indeed.

Or maybe -gasp- do BGs you don't like. PVErs have to do heroics they don't like all the time.
    Here's the thing. No they don't. You can still get a group of 5 people together to run a specific heroic, instantly, just like you used to be able to. You can't get a group of people together and run a specific battleground without waiting forever now.

I don't PvP, but there really isn't any comparison between the two. You have the option to run any specific heroic you want without any wait, but you don't have that option for battlegrounds now.

15+ Year Old Account

And it's both stupid. : Plus, you can join the instance you like with 5 people and get in there instantly...You can't do the same with BG's (anymore).

You never had that option for battlegrounds, what the hell are you talking about? You always had to wait for the other team to be ready. This doesn't change that in the slightest. It's slightly faster now, since there are more people queuing for randoms and the system will partner them off (eventually) with a group that chose a specific BG.

As for all the people whining about vehicles... I don't get it at all. I like a bit of variety. Vehicles are different, they require you to think in different ways. They stress the importance of CC in PvP, especially on offense. They stress the importance of calling incs and working as a unit.

Guys, we get to use our character's abilities 95% of the time. BGs where occasionally we have to do other things are not an inherintly terrible idea, whatever you want to think.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elanale
    You never had that option for battlegrounds, what the hell are you talking about? You always had to wait for the other team to be ready. This doesn't change that in the slightest. It's slightly faster now, since there are more people queuing for randoms and the system will partner them off (eventually) with a group that chose a specific BG.

As for all the people whining about vehicles... I don't get it at all. I like a bit of variety. Vehicles are different, they require you to think in different ways. They stress the importance of CC in PvP, especially on offense. They stress the importance of calling incs and working as a unit.

Guys, we get to use our character's abilities 95% of the time. BGs where occasionally we have dto o other things are not an inherintly terrible idea, whatever you want to think.
    And since when are you playing BG's or playing this game at all?

Pre-WotLK premades were 100% instant queue's with a full group of 10, 15 or 40 people. It only took time to find those people. Agreed on the vehicle part though.

I like how some people think you shouldn't be able to play what you like in a freakin game.
    Knowone's forcing you to que up for the random BG. Not our fault your que times are long for BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    And it's both stupid. : Plus, you can join the instance you like with 5 people and get in there instantly...You can't do the same with BG's (anymore).

You can't win/lose a heroic in 4 minutes either. I know some bg's are longer than other but none are LONG with a pre-made. You can only chain pull heroics so quickly.

Edit: dps que times for heroics blow.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodcharged
    Knowone's forcing you to que up for the random BG. Not our fault your que times are long for BGs.
    "Knowone's forcing you to que up for the random BG."

"Knowone's forcing you"

"Knowone's"

I know not everyone speaks english and I usually don't say anything about typo's.. but that one just hurt.

Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.