Warlocks in need?

I have noticed a low amount warlocks on my server and was wondering why... I just started to level one last night and found it to be quite fun. Can anyone explain why warlocks are so overlooked? ???

Deleted

Re: Warlocks in need?

beacuse we are Evil

Because we aren't at the top of the DPS caster pile for this xpac... Mages are for arena and raids so more people appear to be playing mages or other casters that rank above locks. 3.2.2 I saw a lot more locks all were destro ofc it seems to gravitate more towards an FotM sort of deal.

Because we're not a one button class that wins meter.
    You saw in end of TBC there were TONS of warlocks, now that we're not that OP, the fake warlocks go rolling another class!

10+ Year Old Account

Also, we dont provide unique, very important stuff but Demonic Pact and most warlocks I meet aren't demo anyway. We're not shamans with heroism/bloodlust, we're not rogues with interrupts/ToT, we're not paladins with kings, etc. We dont play such a vital role.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

On our server they came out of the woodworks after 3.2 when they were competitive again. There are plenty right now. Apparently most people have one of every class and pick the one that is on top of the meter at any given time.

Before 3.2 they weren't much fun to play for me. Destro was the top spec and it is boring to me so I played my shaman more. Once affliction was buffed to be competitive I started playing my lock more because I enjoy affliction (and demo which is probably what I will be raiding as now that it appears to have pulled ahead in dps).

What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK
    Because we aren't at the top of the DPS caster pile for this xpac... Mages are for arena and raids so more people appear to be playing mages or other casters that rank above locks. 3.2.2 I saw a lot more locks all were destro ofc it seems to gravitate more towards an FotM sort of deal.
    not true, and you can't say it has anything to do with Gearscore over skill, since I've topped meters as a lock against both mages with higher and lower GS than mine, and others topped meters with the same conditions.

It's about skillz :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanari
    You Sir.
    Get my Cookie of The Year Award.

IT HAS RAISINS!
    [quote="Boubouille"]
    BM is also the most popular secondary spec, though maybe it could just be to play Pokemon with Spirit Beasts. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Swashy
    Because we're not a one button class that wins meter.
    You saw in end of TBC there were TONS of warlocks, now that we're not that OP, the fake warlocks go rolling another class!
    Exactly. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. If you like it then keep at it, things look like they will only get better for us.
    [CENTER][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp]

"ok one down...get that druid....wait...the druid is dead??"

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kitty Kitty
    not true, and you can't say it has anything to do with Gearscore over skill, since I've topped meters as a lock against both mages with higher and lower GS than mine, and others topped meters with the same conditions.

It's about skillz :P
    Great you beat out crappy players with higher gs. Cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by Bourdjire
    Exactly. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. If you like it then keep at it, things look like they will only get better for us.
    True, I could never give up my warlock. Not only do I find it the most awesome class to play (got a ton of alts), I've also spent way too much time on it you just abandon it like a bag of crap.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually its quite weird. We do well in PvE and have been for the most part of this expansion.

We're also quite strong in pvp (bar the first season of WotLK) and locks can be used in many comps.

But the thing is - and this was said in the original discription of warlocks on the wow site since beta - that the warlock class is harder to master then most other classes (note: all classes takes time and effort to truely master), and thus it can seem less appealing to some.

I do think however, that we will see an increase in warock numbers in cataclysm since the new shard system will differ us even more from mages, and finally truely make us unique (a thing our demons somewhat were intended to do but failed at in the end)

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh
    I do think however, that we will see an increase in warock numbers in cataclysm since the new shard system will differ us even more from mages, and finally truely make us unique (a thing our demons somewhat were intended to do but failed at in the end)
    ugh, don't remind me. The shard system will be ridiculously OP and locks will be the new DKS of Cata.