Poll: Should Loot be Updated on Archavon and Emalon to Persuade Pugs not to Skip?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: VoA Boss Skipping

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger
    The problem is that this raid I am only out for me, I don't care about you. I only care about me, so carry me through this place! THEN NINJA THE LOOT TO ME AND THEN YOU CAN ALL GO TO HELL! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU! I ONLY CARE ABOUT STEALING THE LOOT YOU WANT! I DEMAND IT! I DON'T WANT ANYBODY ELSE TO HAVE ANYTHING! MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE! DON'T TELL ME TO KILL ORBS BECAUSE I'M RANGED! I DON'T CARE I WANT HIM DEAD YOU MELEE CAN JUST DIE! IF TANKS CAN'T SURVIVE WITH ALL THE ORBS ON THEM THEY SUCK AND NEED TO QUIT THIS GAME I DON'T WANT THEM RUINING MY GAME! This is the attitude of the people that drop after the first boss. Pray it isn't the loot master who takes everything then drops group.

To all the similar QQ'ers: Make your own raid and state that you will be doing everything starting with arch and working your way up, booting anyone who tries to pull out of order....see how many people actually care as much about 6 badges and obsolete gear as you. Simple solution I know, but I guess it doesn't make as good a post on mmo with a title like "VoA People not joining raid after i detailed my agenda in the trade spam"

People skip Stormwind Stockades. Does that mean Blizz has to make Emblems of Frost and T10 drop in there so people do it ? I personnaly don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Hmm, mount drop rate buff would be nice.

Skip skip skip!

You only need so many triumph...

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    Wow, you don't need epic gems? Amazing. What, do you only take gear without gem slots? That's kind of fail.
    Personally, I have half a stack of all uncut epic gems and 7 stacks of cardinal rubies just from being honor capped. And now that an hour of pvp is 3 gems worth of honor, what's the point.

I think they should change it so you need to kill each previous boss to unlock the next one to force groups into killing all. Or like Nexus where you see the last boss but you can't do anything about it until the main 3 are dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by muto
    no that's stupid you're saying blizzard should upgrade naxx loot, badges and difficulty so people will run it and not just for the weekly.
    were talking about VOA NOT NAXX what are u smoking?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

on 10 man its a one boss run. on 25 its a two boss run
    Justin#12658

People voting give them frost emblems are doing it fucking wrong.
    You can get like what, 50 - 60 PER WEEK now?
    People who want the mount I'm leaning towards you're just kind of SoL at this point in the expansion. Just buy the vendor mammoth. You should have bought it from the people who won the drops back in the Archvon / Emalon days.

People who want PvP weapons.... stop being bad. If you can't get a 245 pvp weapon at this point.... that's your own damn fault. There's enough welfare pvp in vault as it is.
    People who think the other bosses should drop tier 9.25 ...... jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jadora

To all the similar QQ'ers: Make your own raid and state that you will be doing everything starting with arch and working your way up, booting anyone who tries to pull out of order....see how many people actually care as much about 6 badges and obsolete gear as you. Simple solution I know, but I guess it doesn't make as good a post on mmo with a title like "VoA People not joining raid after i detailed my agenda in the trade spam"
    Wow, lighten up man or female.Tis a joke high lighting the overly selfish manner of some players. Taken to an extreme is all. LAUGH FOOL! IT'S A JOKE!

15+ Year Old Account

25 man pug..
    I'm the tank.
    I want my 2 frost badges.

Why nerd-rage about OLD CONTENT loot?
    Shoulda not been terrible, and gotten the shiny stuff when it was new..

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    People who want the mount I'm leaning towards you're just kind of SoL at this point in the expansion. Just buy the vendor mammoth. You should have bought it from the people who won the drops back in the Archvon / Emalon days.
    Not everyone can afford that, and there is such thing as people who want that one for specific reasons. Perhaps they prefer black, perhaps they want it because it's free (as in, no gold cost), or perhaps, they are collectors, like myself.

More OT: I voted badges. A lot of people don't care about the mount (sadly), but frosties always please people. Even the people who have all of the gear they want from frosties can turn those extra ones into gold. I also like the idea of barring off the bosses, so you need to do Archavon, then Emalon, then Koravon, then Toravon. Either way, I don't see it happening, and I'm betting with my luck, I won't be seeing my hunter on a Grand Black War Mammoth until Cataclysm. :/

I said increase mount drop rate. Granted my main has the mount, it would be nice to get on alts.

I wish all my groups killed all 4 bosses though. And this is coming from a person with probably more than a thousand emblems between my toons, stacks of epic gems, and enough gold to keep me happy for Cata.

Why? Because it seems more appealing than AFKing in dalaran which is what I tend to do more than anything lately.

I don't mind skipping, even if people leave after the ice watcher you can easily do the fire, wind and earth bosses with less than 20 people in a 25 man.

I've only seen them being killed for a higher chance of the mount dropping but you can buy it for 300 stone keeper shards anyway and really, for 2 badges the extra 10-20 minutes is a bit too much for some people which is understandable. I don't think anyone should be after the t7 or t8 tier gear unless they're desperately looking for some gear to kill up the gaps but it is incredibly easy to gear up in some t9 and some other epics a couple of days into dinging 80, especially with some normal runs in ToC 5 man and ICC instances or some pvp gear filler, which is in all fairness a bit harder to grind for.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

I can't say I've ever had a problem with skipping. The gear off Emalon / Archavon is rubbish, and the 4 emblems aren't worth it. If you need either of those 2 bosses for gear, you shouldn't be in my VoA anyway. You should be off doing heroics to gear up - like all the rest of us had to do (or in some other people's cases, raids).

As for the people saying "I've put in the effort to get YOU gear from the Ice Watcher, you should help me on Emalon/Arch", you have just as much chance as getting loot from Toravon as me. So no, it goes both ways, and you shouldn't force me to do old content just because you "want to complete everything". I killed Toravon just as much as you did - so the choice of whether I want to spend my time (or more accurately waste my time) giving you a miniscule chance at a mount and inferior gear is up to me.

I don't mind clearing Koralon on 25, as the loot he drops is better than anything you can get from Heroics. But if the loot is inferior, sorry, I'm not going to waste my time unless I'm incredibly bored.

Do you force your weekly runs to clear the entire instance as well? Do you get together a group for Razorscale and then say "hey guys, let's go clear Yogg-Saron as well!"? "Hey, we just killed Noth, anyone want to kill Sapph and KT now?" I didn't think so.

And if you want to whine about how I'm selfish or some rubbish, go ahead. I'm here to play the game to acquire the best gear for everybody in my raid. Not to get you vanity mounts, or give you a sense of "completion" or 4 extra badges that you could get in your own goddamn time.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

i go through, on average, 30 epic gems a week just for my toons. i'm sorry that you fail so bad at this game that you can't get upgrades to gem.
    Wow, really? Well, let me be the first to say Welcome to Warcraft! As you continue to level, I'm sure you'll really start to enjoy the game and when you hit 80, there will be even more people to play with and even more wonderful adventures for you! Your crazy run on gems will slow down once you actually get into end game raiding and pvp. So be careful not to burn yourself out, k pumpkin?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd
    easiest way would be to make all bosses drop teh frosties.

or put in the rumoured Algalon/Captain Planet boss that's only accessable after all the other bosses are dead and drops Ilvl 277 gear and that Celestial Steed
    So you get saved to a voa where all bosses but the new one is dead, and then that fail group wipe horribly? no thanks

skipping is fine , why dont you be happy about the free loot you get for being carried?

Frost badges from all the bosses if you kill them in 4 minutes or under.

15+ Year Old Account

Wow, you don't need epic gems? Amazing. What, do you only take gear without gem slots? That's kind of fail.
    1 epic gem = 100-200g

100-200g = 1-30 mins
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - Dr. Gregory House

VoA kinda failed it's purpose when they switched to Frost Emblems along with the fact that it's essentially 4 tiers of content in the same place.

By now, the first two bosses are simply not worthwhile for anyone. You don't see people pugging Naxx for loot anymore either.

It would have made more sense in hindsight if they made the bosses scale up with each season while also dropping better loot (maybe less per boss) on par with the current season / raid tier.

There could also be a final reward for killing all of the bosses, much like how random heroics/BGs work now.