Imp HoJ in a Holy spec? Thoughts?

Playing around with my spec a little... Usually run with 52/17/2 with AM, DG and Imp RF.

My guild's first LK kill on 10 man had every pally using HoJ on the valkyrs whenever it was avail. Without specing into it, mine was up about every other time. Was thinking of taking the 2 points out of Benediction and putting them in Imp HoJ. I am not all that concerned about losing the 4% reduced mana from Benediction, partly because I don't have serious mana issues, and I spec into DG and glyph Beacon.

Obviously not a big issue, but it crossed my mind as a possibility.

Thoughts?

Re: Imp HoJ in a Holy spec? Thoughts?

yeah if you wanna spec around a single fight then by all means do eet

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

the judge with a 2 sec less CD will probably gain more mana than the 4% benediction reduction

Don't do it, HoJ has diminishing returns and eventually will be immune on the valk. What i do is use save my HoJ for "OH SHIT KILL THE VALK" moments and use holy wrath as soon as the valk comes down. It stuns the valk and also does dmg to it and the LK.

Id agree with the dont do it guy, The valks getting snared and stunned as is. If you absolutely need the stun all the time, id say its more of a dps issue then a holypaladin issue. I usually save my stun for when a big dpser/stunner gets carried off, thats the only time i REALLY NEED to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdtech4
    Don't do it, HoJ has diminishing returns and eventually will be immune on the valk. What i do is use save my HoJ for "OH SHIT KILL THE VALK" moments and use holy wrath as soon as the valk comes down. It stuns the valk and also does dmg to it and the LK.
    because having hoj up for every valk is going to make the valk immune to hoj, amirite

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    yeah if you wanna spec around a single fight then by all means do eet
    Going to assume you meant well here and reply by saying that while I understand the points I have in Imp RF are mostly filler to get to DG, it also happens to be sortof useful on a few fights. So yeah, spec'ing into something that might be more useful than 2 points in benediction, even if it is for only one fight... worth consideration IMO.

TY everyone for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Teewhy4Kill
    because having hoj up for every valk is going to make the valk immune to hoj, amirite
    No, but what im saying is, from what i read from OP, is that they have more than 1 pally. Our comp has 3 of them, one dps, one tank, and me. The tank and dps are specced into it making it virtually useless to use mine unless one of them gets picked up.

If you're the only pally at the lich king fight it's incredibly useful, simply because you can stop the valkyr in it's tracks immediately so it doesn't get anywhere at all before people have slows and stuff on it.

Those arguing DR makes it worthless should consider that it's more effective to use a long duration stun before any DR is up if you're chaining stuns.
    Too cool for a sig.

Yeah, we had 3 pallys in our 10 man. Prot, dps, and me. It was primarily when the ret pally got picked up that I used mine, but there were one or two times where my hammer was off CD just barely in time in an emergency sortof way where the extra 10 seconds would have been nice, yk? Was thinking could also be helpful with a diff raid comp without an abundance of pallys.

Again, thanks for the input, much appreciated.