Thread: DK solo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: DK solo

What Spec and glyph would you guys say was the best all around spec to solo in? i have been reading the other reply's but theres alot of different opinions

i'm kinda in the mood for solo right now.

10+ Year Old Account

Standard blood tank build would probably be the easiest, I'd say.

While we're on the topic, would I be better off with my DK (4k or so DPS gs, significantly less, but still crit immune tank gear) or my Pally (4.4k tank, about 4k or so DPS)?

I realize that overall my pally has the better gear, but are DK's the better class choice to solo with (enough to offset the gear difference)?

10+ Year Old Account

For soloing old stuff, DK, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Thun
    What Spec and glyph would you guys say was the best all around spec to solo in?
    A blood spec going down to VB/Imp. Death Strike and then to Reaping in unholy will net you the most healing, an alternative to that is going deeper in unholy to get Crypt Fever/Ebon Plaguebringer and then to VotTW and MoB in blood, both are pretty much equally good. A perma-ghoul is very useful in some cases, and makes you able to use Death Pact 1 minute more often (due to reducing Raise Dead cooldown below Death Pact's).

If you're not doing interested in any of the "harder" solos you can just spec either unholy or blood and then just use a Death Strike-heavy rotation (you can also use a frost spec, but that doesn't give as much healing due to not having Imp. Death Strike/a third disease).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Salooo
    If you're not doing interested in any of the "harder" solos you can just spec either unholy or blood and then just use a Death Strike-heavy rotation (you can also use a frost spec, but that doesn't give as much healing due to not having Imp. Death Strike/a third disease).
    However, depending on gear, that extra healing might not even be needed. I know I don't need it >

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    This. Stupid thing always despawns on me around 10% :<

Tried it with two people, despawned at 10% again. After a good 40 minutes of whacking away on him... so frustrating.
    He has a 20-minute enrage timer.

Also if he's despawning check to make sure you're not near the door. If you're getting knocked out the door he'll despawn. (I almost got him Duo'd on my warrior with a paladin healer. I need to go back in sometime soon to down him.)

Since my guild has been having problems with people showing up (summer and all) I've been trying to start a soloing career as well and I've been curious which gets more dps and which gets more healing between the OP's ghoul/imp-DS spec vs. the unholy-heal spec. I'm really interested in trying to get Mag and Doomwalker as well viewing the videos today.

Just with a standard blood tanking build I was able to the trash in H PoS (skipped the mounted proto-drake mobs) and was able to kill forgemaster garfrost and get the achievement "Doesn't Go To Eleven" solo.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantez
    True story, using cooldowns and Rune Tap can get you really far :-)

Netherspite I only did with 1 extra, and Chess you need 1 extra too. I usually end up doing it with two people to speed it up and make it a bit more fun, specially if you have done it solo once, after that its just boring ;D

Same thing with like Gruul, he is really really easy to solo, you just need to find 4 friends to kill King Maulgar and then kick them all out again ;-)

Magtheridon Solo is my own personal next goal but he keeps despawning on me for reasons I do not fully understand yet :\

Im using this spec to solo: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...her&n=Ashbjorn

For the record Chess is easily soloed. The guys pretty much auto-attack. take control of one of the healers and keep healing your king every cooldown. If things get rough switch between the two healers and pop heals on your king. There is enough time to take control of the second healer and get your heal off before the long cooldown is over. Other than keeping the heals on the king they pretty much just auto-pilot to a victory.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    He has a 20-minute enrage timer.

Also if he's despawning check to make sure you're not near the door. If you're getting knocked out the door he'll despawn. (I almost got him Duo'd on my warrior with a paladin healer. I need to go back in sometime soon to down him.)
    Dunno about the enrage timer. Either I remember badly and it wasn't 40 minutes of whacking, or I healed through the enrage. Then again... Doomwalker takes about 10 minutes, so Magtheridon might've been around 15-20 minutes of beating only.

I had one time when I was near the door, but I was just knocked to the cube there when Magtheridon despawned.. will try to keep an eye open next time I attempt him.