Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Protection Paladin BiS?

Not until 1942 unbuffed strength.

I highly, highly doubt you have that much strength.

exp>str>hit until that point.
    I hope you're trying to troll.

there are many fights in icc where missing a taunt can lead to a wipe here are some example -

prof - missing a taunt leading to the tank getting an extra stack which causes more raid dmg

valithria - missing a taunt on an incoming ad and it smacks a healer who had a stack going

saurfang - every time you are hit with the debuff he heals for a pretty good amount on heroic

lich king - missing a soul reaper and the other tank getting killed

these all seem like pretty good reason to make sure you have enough hit on your gear to not have your taunts miss. This does not mean gemming for it, but just having 2-3 pieces of gear with hit on them make it so you have 100% chance on your taunts.

Quote Originally Posted by electro
    valithria - missing a taunt on an incoming ad and it smacks a healer who had a stack going
    I'm not certain of this, but I believe the adds on that fight are only level 80-82 (never done heroic if they're different there), so they would have at most 6% hit required for spell hit cap, and that should be covered by the glyph 100%.

Personally I love having my caps, so I'd prefer hit cap over a meager little stam, but I'm already overgeared enough, so no more worries about expertise or hit

They're talking about BiS, which is 4p t10.277 with shoulders offset from gunship.
    You can get hit elsewhere (weapon, boots, there's already hit on the tier gloves).

And FYI yea I'm hit capped and STILL use the taunt glyph.

Don't wanna sound like a bitch or anything but this thread has gotten WAAAAY off-topic.

this is my personal BIS list, all these are heroic versions:
    Broken Ram Skull Helm - Lady Deathwhisper 25
    Bile-Encrusted Medallion - Rotface 25
    Boneguard Commander's Pauldrons - Gunship Battle
    Sentinel's Winter Cloak - 50 Frost Badges
    Sanctified Lightsworn Chestguard - 95 Frost Badges + Token
    Gargoyle Spit Bracers - Deathbringer Saurfang 10
    Gauntlets of the Kraken - 60 Frost Badges
    Verdigris Chain Belt - 60 Frost Badges
    Pillars of Might - Crafted
    Grinning Skull Greatboots - Valithra Dreamwalker 25
    Devium's Eternally Cold Ring - Valithra Dreamwalker 25
    Loop of the Twin Valkyr - ToGC10
    The Facelifter - Putricide 10(avoidance)
    Bonebreaker Scepter - Marrowgar 10(hit)
    Icecrown Glacial Wall - Lana'thel 25

trinkets are:
    Sindragosa's Flawless Fang - Sindragosa 25
    Corroded Skeleton Key - 60 Frost Badges
    Satrina's Impeding Scarab - Faction Champions 25
    Unidentifiable Organ - Putricide 10
    Glyph of Indomitability - 40 Triumph Badges
    Corpse-Tongue Coin - Gunship Battle 25
    Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman - Onyxia 25

because differnet combos work in a lot of situations.

as you can see, only 1 piece of tier, but i have 3 other pieces (helm/shoulders/gloves) for when needed.

there are many fights in icc where missing a taunt can lead to a wipe here are some example -

prof - missing a taunt leading to the tank getting an extra stack which causes more raid dmg

saurfang - every time you are hit with the debuff he heals for a pretty good amount on heroic

lich king - missing a soul reaper and the other tank getting killed

these all seem like pretty good reason to make sure you have enough hit on your gear to not have your taunts miss. This does not mean gemming for it, but just having 2-3 pieces of gear with hit on them make it so you have 100% chance on your taunts.
    Taunts are based off spell hit, having taunts never miss would mean hardcapping hit which is way over 263. Read the previous posts, having or not having hit doesn't do much eliminate the already minuscule issue.

Chance for two taunts to miss with 0 hit: 2.89%

Chance for two taunts to miss with 263 hit: 1.21%

For content: The BiS lists is pretty much this.

why would you put defense gems into your armor a that point?

why would you put defense gems into your armor a that point?
    To match 9 stam socket bonuses.
    It's extra avoidance and a bit of extra block instead of 6 stamina which is more than fine if you're sporting 51k UB hp :P

Also @ Offhand: Would you really trade the extra armor from the badge belt for some stamina and avoidance from the blood princes one?

try thinking...

17% spell hit required.

a 25 man raid WILL have the 3% spell hit debuff.

14% spell hit required.

you take the glyph

6% spell hit required.

6% spell hit is about 155 hit rating.

if you are alliance then get a caster draenei in your group.

5% spell hit required.

down to about 130 hit rating required to absolutely cap out taunts with the glyph and AVOID UNNECESSARY WIPES.

someone considering i277 gear is faced with limited attempts. You want to be the guy that messed up your raid's heroic wing clear because you failed to taunt putricide, thus causing the other tank to get an extra stack, causing the raid to die at 2%? Or how about taunting Saurfang a split second after the debuff is applied? each melee strike heals him for 120kish on heroic mode(10 man, unsure about 25 man vaue), and after 30% he hits FAST.

getting 130 hit rating (150 as horde) is hard, I know.