Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Cryptozoic acquires WoW TCG, Blue posts, Fan Arts

Quote Originally Posted by Second
    I can remember few days back some nice fan art was introduced, without fake tits, with proper dress. That was nice fanart. This is nice only becouse you can see some parts of women you normally dont see looks like according to your comments ...
    I still say that one looked like she had velcro tits stuck on after the fact. I don't object to fully clothed women in fan art, at all in fact, but she didn't look any more natural than the chainmail bikini crowd. She just looked unnatural in a different (honestly even worse) way.

Many virgins, left side.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer
    I still say that one looked like she had velcro tits stuck on after the fact. I don't object to fully clothed women in fan art, at all in fact, but she didn't look any more natural than the chainmail bikini crowd. She just looked unnatural in a different (honestly even worse) way.
    I just cant agree. I like Sylvanas (is that?) in the fan art showed. But hey, she is going into combat in ice hearted land literally naked. I dont buy that. Just dont get me wrong, i like that pictures, but more i think about that, its becouse they are showing some sexy parts of woman's body ...

(on side note : i was going to write something about artist not drawing so well giving you "velcro tits" feeling, i accidently typed artits. i hope you see what i did here)

Quote Originally Posted by Vashdakari
    Originally, WoW had several different types of leg armor that were commonly referred to as "Steel Thongs", due to an outcry from some of the player base that this Teen rated game was too risque, those leg armors were changed. Sure you can still find some of them out there, the Alliance keep in Blasted Lands has many of the original models on the NPC's, but it's kind of sad that Blizz isn't willing to stick by the rating of their game. At least these fan arts do an awesome job depicting how epic their armor is.
    You need to think more carefully before spouting this rubbish.

It has nothing to do with teen ratings, atleast for a large amount of people who put the arguement across against platemail bikini's. It has everything to do the needless sexualization of female characters and how *WOMAN PLAYERS* actually do not like this kind of thing. It is catering to the pubescent heterosexual male market while ignoring woman gamers.

this was the last time i read posts when there is something female in the main post..

For whoever was talking about wanting some sexualized male art, there's a lot over on y!Gallery if you can look past the fact that it's yaoi >____> lol

and while it might not be intended to be sexy, I think most people who like men will agree that Illidan isn't looking too shabby here:

http://sandara.deviantart.com/art/Il...mrage-66213371

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon

It has nothing to do with teen ratings, atleast for a large amount of people who put the arguement across against platemail bikini's. It has everything to do the needless sexualization of female characters and how *WOMAN PLAYERS* actually do not like this kind of thing. It is catering to the pubescent heterosexual male market while ignoring woman gamers.
    Female here and I don't mind the metal bikini's myself, but I think it would be hilarious if some of the male gear was just as skimpy. Just to hear the QQ on the forums.

I'm thinking of those damned loincloth pants from like, lvl 20something now. lmao

10+ Year Old Account

looks like Arthas and Illidan paid for a sex change i like them better this way

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus
    Fanarts very close to Rule 34...

Anyways.. after gawking at the fan arts for a bit I am going to retreat to my small corner and do things..

Actually, this is a rule 63 - http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=rule%2063
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Hmm female Arthas ain't so bad...
    But please can someone draw sexy male fanart too!! :'(

"I mean, Sylvanas is a possessed corpse and you know someone, somewhere is jacking off over it right now. The artist makes them look like these total sex symbols when in truth it bears no resemblance to the personality of the subject at all."

Sylvanas has always been the female character with most sex appeal. Im guess you didn't play warcraft three. She had huge cleavage to the point where it was almost a joke. So yes it is a perfect resemblance to the personality of the subject.

"But hey, she is going into combat in ice hearted land literally naked."

She is a banshee, she doesn't feel anything but vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon

Come down off of your cloud, Andrea Dworkin. Many female players DO like looking like that, and given informal tallies, I'd say they like their (female) characters to look interesting/attractive. Beside, I think being beaten down by a female character in skimpy armor is all the more humiliating to the hulking plate wearing types. Let's put it this way: WoW is not going to have Berquas as cloth armor items any time soon.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Blizzard may decide to implement the new thong armour in the near future

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang the Noble
    looks like Arthas and Illidan paid for a sex change i like them better this way
    Agree ))

hmm this is interesting, it says...let healer dps.....thats kinda odd..I thought old of us healers did dps, well besides maybe in icc10/25 where we need to watch our mana more

Quote Originally Posted by skyclops
    no arth & illy just used the offical blizz gender change facility lol
    Lol I was just saying that to one of my buddies at work that also plays WoW. XD But it is getting old seeing fan art with half naked chicks fighting. The fan art is good, I can tell that the artits... err I mean artists are very talented. But still it would be nice to see fully clothed females for once. Just my 2 cents.

Even though I have female characters in games, I never have them wear something like that. I play characters that are both male and female to have something different to look at instead of them being all male, which is my gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Samorz
    Many virgins, left side.
    because once you lose your virginity you become completely uninterested in images of scantily-clad, idealised women. :

On a completely other note though, the blatant fanservice does irritate me, in games like oblivion (just ignore the hundreds of mods) female characters look great with more than just a thong. Kind of sucky that the plate bikini is the standard for female clothing in games.

I didn't like the stereotypes in medieval fantasy lit either. I mean sure, pay homage to the genre, but if every female is a hopelessly passive Yamato Nadeshiko and every guy is a Herculean behemoth it just gets stale.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Great skill in the fan art but they all make me want to vomit...as usual.

The Sylvanas fan art is pretty cool. The other two are a little over the top. Does anyone know if there's any place at all where I could buy stuff like this? I've always wanted to buy prints of WoW artwork, frame it and decorate the house with it (the lady friend is a bigger WoW fan than myself, so it would fly). Have had 0 luck with google. It needs to be allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gamerunknown
    I didn't like the stereotypes in medieval fantasy lit either. I mean sure, pay homage to the genre, but if every female is a hopelessly passive Yamato Nadeshiko and every guy is a Herculean behemoth it just gets stale.
    This is my favorite part of the "Wheel of Time" (and before you start, yes there are also many things to dislike about the "Wheel of Time", this just happens to be a thing I *do* like), the strength of the female characters and the way each sex's and culture's ideas of gender "roles" are constantly being kicked around. Jordan pokes a lot of fun at sex roles and how people from both sexes see themselves, other members of their sex, and members of the opposite sex.