Demo lock in need of wise words.

Morning MMO-Champion! Just a quick question regarding my alt warlock.

So, lately I've gotten a few ICC10 upgrades, and lost a lot of hit.
    So much actually, that I had to resort to using the +hit trinket bought with Triumphs.

I will be changing my spec a bit to get two points from the Affliction tree, but even then I will
    have to gem for roughly 80 hit rating.

So here's the question finally: should I use the +hit trinket and keep my SP gems, or should I replace the +hit trinket
    with Abyssal Rune/Nevermelting Ice Crystal and gem for the remaining hit?

Muradin's Spyglass is coming as soon as it drops

My armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...e&cn=Warluckeh

Since Rawr is somewhat broken for warlocks, I've been using Simcraft, but since some last week's Windows updates
    my Simcraft is fucked up, don't know why.

Thx.

Re: Demo lock in need of wise words.

Its just a me thinking but maybe you should lose nibelung and get a one-hand and off-hand that includes hit.

Main Hand: Frost Needle / Rigormortis
    Offhand : Scourgelord's Baton / Chalice of Benedictus

Your other stats will increase also, from what I hear Nibelung isn't that good of a warlock weapon...

I can't get in-game at the moment, but could you maybe use the Hood of Smouldering Aftermath (Triumph badge helm)? I think you will lose some spirit that your current helm gives, but you could swap your trinket out if you equip that. Losing the spirit and small amount of spell power going from a 251 to 245 helm would be made up for with the much better trinket.

This is just more of a temporary fix, but you could try what qonnex said for the long-run.

tier gloves/legs
    crafted boots+icewalker
    and gems. and you already at hit cap.

^^ Indeed

But it's not bad to switch to another weapon / weapon & offhand...

Yeah I've been hunting for better weapons, and just last week I lost a roll on a Abracadaver (not sure actually is this any better than Nibelung?)
    as well as Frost Needle.

With Hood of Smoldering Aftermath I have 15.02% hit, so that was just a perfect amount.

Thanks for the replies.

Hit trinkets are tricky.
    They're very handy when it comes down to reaching the hitcap, but putting almost 1/3 of your hit rating in a single slot is very cumbersome.
    On use trinkets aren't generally the best trinkets you can get, because they get a stat penalty for being clickable and not procs. And when you are to replace them the hit loss is just so huge you have to swap 2 or 3 more pieces to make up for it (and of course you need to have pieces available). So basically you're left with two options : keeping a not so good triket, or not being hitcapped.
    I wouldn't recommend taking them, unless you need to get yourself quickly to the hit cap (new 80 wanting to raid).
    Even then I would advise trying to save as many hit offpieces as possible to get rid of the trinket. The sooner the better, it will just slow your gear progression.

15+ Year Old Account

Demo lock in need of wise words.
    Man who walk through airport turn-style sideways going to Bangkok.

R.I.P. YARG

I'm confused. I'm looking at your armory and you're at 394 hit. Are you trying to hit cap without a Shadow Priest/Boomkin? Unless you only do 10 mans I really wouldn't recommend that. Just keep that Triumph trinket and switch it on when there's no SP/Chicken around. If you're worried about the hit loss when you get your T10 helm then yeah, look for a main hand + offhand setup. You're like 30 over the hit cap right now though.