Simcraft Stat Weights

I have started messing around with simcraft some to see what kind of trinkets would be best for me, frost, dw, haste build, unholy presence. For some reason I kept getting Mastery > Haste > Crit for haste stacking and unholy presence with my gear. I thought it seemed pretty odd so I ran the simcraft with the bis 12 hardmode gear list it has and got Mastery > Crit > Haste. Do I have some options set incorrectly? or does haste start losing value after a certain point?

Main reason I'm asking is because when people ask for gear choices on this forum several people respond with "lol sim it" and the consensus is haste > mastery > crit

Options:
    Iterations: 50000
    World lag : Low
    Length: 400s
    Vary length: 20%
    Fight Style: Helter Skelter
    Raid Boss
    Humanoid
    Player Skill: Elite
    All buffs (even DI and FM)
    All debuffs
    Last edited by bals; 2011-10-11 at 03:27 AM.

The reason is because you did helter skelter instead of patchwerk. Helter skelter adds

raid_events=casting,cooldown=30,duration=3,first=15
    raid_events+=/movement,cooldown=30,duration=5
    raid_events+=/stun,cooldown=60,duration=2
    raid_events+=/invulnerable,cooldown=120,duration=3

Was always told to put it to helter skelter as well since the only really static fight is Baleroc and somewhat shannox

It's possible you're at a breakpoint where haste=mastery and putting 300 more stats on top of what you have already will show that 300 mastery > 300 haste. It happens for TG warriors too where mastery can overtake hit if you stack too much hit while neglecting mastery.

If you have almost no mastery, it's value will be somewhat higher than the scenario where you have -some- mastery, which could be the tipping point of mastery > haste.

Try a reforge plot to see the curve between haste and mastery so you can get the optimum balance to do peak DPS. Here's an example of TG Fury hit vs mastery.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9768004/furycurve.html

Another reofrge curve, this time haste vs mastery for arms warriors (Had something to do with weapon speed + smoother rage generation with a 3.6 speed weapon and getting it closer to 3.0 plus world lag proved to be a small dps increase)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9768004/armscurve.html
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2011-10-11 at 04:26 AM.

code.google. com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/RaidEvents#Casting
    code.google. com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/RaidEvents#Movement
    code.google. com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/RaidEvents#Stuns
    code.google. com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/RaidEvents#Invulnerability

All of those effects are going off when you choose helter skelter. If you want to know how your toon will respond in an actual fight you need to model that specific fight. With the default helter skelter you are losing 20 rp every 30 seconds(if not specced endless winter), unsure if movement affects melee, stunned for 2 seconds every 60 seconds(increases mastery/crit vs haste) and need to reapply your dots early every 2 minutes.