Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Gunship isn't a lootship, IT'S A FUNSHIP

I don't know why everyone is so negative about the Gunship Battle in ICC
    I love it every time i do it, The quotes, The (super) epic music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jJtySnwpA) and the mechanics
    So, what are you experiences on the Gunship Battle?

Re: Gunship isn't a lootship, IT'S A FUNSHIP

my experiences are quickly mounting so i can get the cannon for some slack time

Last time I did gunship, I got in my guildmaster's motorcycle passenger seat, and we drove around in circles for the entire battle while I danced in the seat as a snowman.

People have fun on Gunship?

To me, it's just Deathbringer Saurfang's trash with some free loot at the end. I hate it. Every other boss's trash, with the exception of the annoying room before Sindragosa, is infinitely more fun than Gunship. ICC would be better without it.

Sometimes the Gunship battle is a Lagship.

It's pretty fun, but incredibly undertuned. Seems blizzard hasn't gotten the hang out of tuning encounters involving vehicle combat yet. Even though gunship is pretty light on that with just two/four people using any, and even then not all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leidus
    People have fun on Gunship?

To me, it's just Deathbringer Saurfang's trash with some free loot at the end. I hate it. Every other boss's trash, with the exception of the annoying room before Sindragosa, is infinitely more fun than Gunship. ICC would be better without it.
    well, it is a refreshing new concept and RP players have something to do, I for an instance HATE Saurfang, It's boring, No Music, just a little tank n spank with blood beastst :S

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I Actually Find it quite fun, i Think the Mechanics are well thought and I'ts overall a quite interesting fight, even tho it's easy as shit.

The game doesn't need to be hard to be fun.

The idea of sitting around doing nothing and still beating a fight is pretty LOL.

And yet there's a fight in the highest tier instance in the game where half the raid can do that all at once and you won't have any problems beyond a small increase in the time it takes to finish the fight.

w/e, free loot.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

It has jetpacks...

JETPACKS!

It's not like people are rubbing their gunship loot in your face. Just enjoy the fight

Things that could make Gunship feel more like a boss fight and less like trash:

Add a boss. Maybe instead of defending the deck from spawns of elites, a champion of your opposing faction comes over and the defending group has to fight him while the offense tries to blow up the other faction's ship.

At the very least, make both ships the same. As in, both have cannons shooting eachother, both have mages that come to freeze the other's cannons, and players defend their mage from attackers to keep the enemy's cannon's frozen longer.

In it's current state, Gunship is 2-4 people doing something out of the ordinary (shooting cannons) while the rest of the raid either kills spawns that have less abilities and flavor than pretty much the rest of the ICC trash or they jump over to kill a mage that literally stands there and gets raped.

I take it back. Gunship isn't Deathbringer's trash. Trash is more fun.

the concept is nice, the jetpacks are fun, but the fight it just takes tooooooo long.
    make cannons scale with gear and im happy

Quote Originally Posted by Halazz
    It has jetpacks...

JETPACKS!
    this

Tanks and a jumping tank healer has stuff to do.
    And i really hate dps jumping in the tank on the other ship and getting cleaved to death.
    Or the "boss" evading, or dps trying to find his jetpack while the boss stacks his damage up on the tank.
    You know his damage gets nasty on his max stacks and he likes to shoot you when you jump over.
    Once had a tank with low quality gear that decided to stand on the other side for the whole duration of the fight really nice way to make an easy fight into a button mashing fight.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Halazz
    It has jetpacks...

JETPACKS!
    this
    Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

Deleted

I like the free loot and the jetpacks

Quote Originally Posted by CrusnikNlo
    Tanks and a jumping tank healer has stuff to do.
    It's really easier if your jumping tank just jumps over, grabs the boss, and tanks him. His healer(s) don't have to jump over, they can just heal from the edge of your boat. Unless he's wearing paper for armor, but since most of the good tank gear comes from emblems, gear should only be an issue for a very new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheever
    the concept is nice, the jetpacks are fun, but the fight it just takes tooooooo long.
    make cannons scale with gear and im happy
    Would be cool, it does take a long time, quite annoying having to sit through something you totally outgeared, but it was a nice addition. Vehicle combat is pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???