Rolling a Shammy, some questions to ask.

Hi there, my main is a druid, and I was thinking of rolling a shammy. I already have some cloth heirloom armor, and the staff.
    And I was wondering if it was worth farming the mail armor sets for the enchancement spec (this means two weapons too), or if leveling as an elemental shaman was good too, with the gear I have farmed already.
    Thank you for your tips and help ! =)

Re: Rolling a Shammy, some questions to ask.

Go for enhancement. It rocks. Grab the Mail gear, two 2.6 Heirloom Maces and you'll fly through the mobs.

10+ Year Old Account

fuuuuck that, get the caster shit, one haste trink, one SP trink, and gogogo ele, it really is so quick and easy for leveling.

forget about enhancement, it's jsut a myth made up by guild leaders to encourage their DKs to play another class with less stigma, it's no a real spec.

real shaman spec ele. or resto.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

I started out leveling my shaman as enhancment.

but then at some point I switched to elemental to try it out.
    And I never swapped back. it was so much nicer being elem really.

I hen grabbed the cloth hairlooms and they are good enough for leveling.

I would suggest you do that if you allready got those items.

As for leveling a shaman up to lvl 80, elemental is the way to go. Grinding goes a lot faster and you die a lot less.

I tried both out, Enhancement is a lot simpler, and lower down time, but ele is more funn.
    Bring the player, not the class. *And a shaman.
    DEMACIA!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account

the thing a lot of people forget is that we stack SP, so although we may not have the talents, which is a bastard at higher levels, elemental healing is easymode, in definitely quick heals between pulls are far more quenching as ele, rather than enha.

plus ofc, real shaman roll ele. or resto.

Quote Originally Posted by ticktickboom
    I tried both out, Enhancement is a lot simpler, and lower down time, but ele is more funn.
    How on earth do you manage to have downtime as elemental ?
    I mean. the manabar is there only for the looks.

every time a mob hits you you consume a watershild orb giving you mana.
    and every 50 second you can hit thunderstorm giving you 8% of your manabar .

And that is in addition to the fact that you regen 12% of your int as mana pluss what you get passivly from watershield every 5 sec even while casting.

There IS no downtime as elem shaman.

Ele is faster for leveling 1-40 and maybe even after that

Use the right weapons for your spec.

Chest peice? Doesnt really matter. You could be a DPS warrior wearing a cloth spell chest and it wont make THAT bigger differance. Just have MS weapons but dont bother farming the rest, farm xp instead.

Obviously the dps specs kill stuff faster, I think you could choose which kind of dps you prefer (melee or caster) and go with that. If I were leveling today I would main spec ele and dualspec resto as soon as I hit 40. It's fun to do some instances on the way up and healing a few of them breaks the dps monotony.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaga
    plus ofc, real shaman roll ele. or resto.
    Handicapped people with only one hand that also is lacking 3 fingers roll elemental.

10+ Year Old Account

you need brains to play elemental (properly), you need semi-quick reactions to play whackabutton enhancement*

Both, elemental and enhancement, are perfectly fine to level with. If you don't want to get the mail and weapon heirlooms then just go with elemental.

Every class/spec with heirlooms is crazy fast leveling.

you need brains to lpay elemental, you need semi-quick reactions to play whackabutton enhancement*

You need nothing more than a macro who actually does the 3 key rotation for you. No brain needed, in fact.

you need brains to play elemental (properly), you need semi-quick reactions to play whackabutton enhancement*
    "Sup I spam 3 buttons, one of which is 90% of my damgae, yeah its tuff, those buttons dont press them selfs, sometimes my fingers get sore, it's a hard knock life"

That aside, I'm guessing you've actually never played Enhance, and if you have, you were obviously doing it wrong if you think its easier then elemental.

OT: I would go ele till the early 40's then go enhance once u get SS and dual wield, thats when it actually becomes viable, and its alot more fun imo.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"