Shamantanking, sort of..... ?

... So, my brain have been thinking...... i play a restoshaman, wich for real is so much fun this feels more and more like my main.

So, as a achivmentwhore, and a a "gatherer" of things.... im thinking, hey.... solo tbc-heroics for shit and giggles?

I have meleeshamanspecc i rarly use...so im thinking, hey.... gather some "tanking"gear.... like the shield from stratholme, and the tankingmace from forge of souls, staminatrinket from toc and so on..... when no "real" tank needs em...

what do u think ? would say Magisters terrace heroic be soloable as a shammy in said tankingstuff and maby some pvp-gear just to be able to take a hit...... i have done lower tbc-instances solo before... but as a dualwielder i tend to take shitloads of damage

Re: Shamantanking, sort of..... ?

it will be possible but it will take a shitload of time to finish the dungeons. i think you're better of asking someone to run them with. id say any kind of melee dps is fine

I think someone'sspacebar is broken.

Yes, Shamans CAN tank. I've watched videos of shamans tanking normal ToC10. Sure it's nice, but it's not really viable for anything past lower-tier raids, Heroics, or just screwing around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I've soloed H-MgT multiple times as Enhance dps in dps gear, just gotta be careful with the pulls, and use MW for heals. Tank gear is really unnessesary.

the "tank"-part of it is just meant to make my life easyer..... equipping a shield with extra stamina and other "tank"-related items is mainly just to make me take more of a beating.

Im not attempting to tank "real" stuff, imo "keeping" aggro from other folks in the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by DizRupT
    I've soloed H-MgT multiple times as Enhance dps in dps gear, just gotta be careful with the pulls, and use MW for heals. Tank gear is really unnessesary.
    How does that boss go with the 4 or 5 adds? I never tried it on level 80 but it seems pretty hard to me with all the CC they got and heals.

I remember seeing a screenie of a shaman tanking Magtheridon with the Illi shield and other tough stuff. Am sure you can still do it in this day 'n' age
    [size=1]Cataclysm 10 man raiding guild looking for skilled players.

Most of the shammy tanking threads I'd read were back when resilience still helped towards crit immunity :s I know for lvl 80 hcs you'll definately need some tanking gear, atleast enough to be defcapped, but there are some nutter Enh peeps out there (like Diz ;p) that manage just relying on the wolves' healing.

Most of my soloing is 60 raids or 70 normals (and a couple of low-to-mid-lvl wotlk normals) in Ele spec just 'cause I'm too lazy to build a completely dif. set to my MS resto, and although MgT normal was a cake-walk, I thought the interupt they do would rule out wanting to solo-caster it on hc.
    Quote Originally Posted by keke
    It's like asking why the hell bosses attack tanks and not healers. It's like asking why bosses play with us for 10 minutes, and then after 10 minutes they get tired of their toys and enrages and one shots us all. Why didn't they do this from the start? Stupid game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zongo
    Could you imagine Robin Williams in a raid vent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari
    I'll be in my bunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    How does that boss go with the 4 or 5 adds? I never tried it on level 80 but it seems pretty hard to me with all the CC they got and heals.
    Which boss are we talking about? The council boss encounter? Pop Wolves and Fire Ele, maybe even lust, don't forget Sham Rage works as a defensive cd too.

i pop my ele totem and burn Them Down rogue first if u get one

cc is only really annoying when in a group. use tremor totem when the warrior is present. frog the shaman if present, if not frog a rogue or something. i focus the priestess first, interruptinh her heals and purging her shield. after the priestesses death, kill the shaman, then warrior, then rogues, then hunter/warlock/mage/gan´ar bomb guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

My Searing totem cleared Zalazane's camp alone.

Vol'jin wasn't around to reclaim his home though.