Enh shaman why FS

hello guys, 1st here is mine charc
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lon&cn=Teoxita
    dont look expertise im capped i eating my own food that gives me 40 expertise for 1h, im little hitovercap hit but thats not the problem, my priority is without FlameShock , after tons hours spend at Heroic Dummy whitout FlameShock i doing much much better dps, my priority is like SR,LB maelstorm 5, SS,ES,Magma,FN,LL.. atm on melee based bosses i manage to hit 10k dps like Saufang and Festergut, but im sure can do more and im still wondering what i miss how to improve my dps, and pls dont tell me to make simulations becouse better test my skill in-game. Thank you

Re: Enh shaman why FS

as far as i know it was mainly the glyph that made flame shock good as the ticks could crit, but its most likely going to be even better now as it will tick more depending on your haste rating.

The only logical reason why you'd be doing better without Flame Shock is if you were reapplying FS before the dot ended

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlick
    The only logical reason why you'd be doing better without Flame Shock is if you were reapplying FS before the dot ended

ofc i not reaplly it before end, for me thats is very complicated situations with or without Flameshock

Since a full run of Flame Shock does more damage than an Earth Shock, there is no way that not using it nets you more DPS. Maybe you just got lucky/unlucky with procs?

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater
    Since a full run of Flame Shock does more damage than an Earth Shock, there is no way that not using it nets you more DPS. Maybe you just got lucky/unlucky with procs?
    no i do 5 min tests till my totems timeoff and last 4-5 hours today all the time im testing and every time without FS im doing more even on dmg done not only dps

Quote Originally Posted by Teoxita
    hello guys, 1st here is mine charc
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lon&cn=Teoxita
    dont look expertise im capped i eating my own food that gives me 40 expertise for 1h, im little hitovercap hit but thats not the problem, my priority is without FlameShock , after tons hours spend at Heroic Dummy whitout FlameShock i doing much much better dps, my priority is like SR,LB maelstorm 5, SS,ES,Magma,FN,LL.. atm on melee based bosses i manage to hit 10k dps like Saufang and Festergut, but im sure can do more and im still wondering what i miss how to improve my dps, and pls dont tell me to make simulations becouse better test my skill in-game. Thank you
    Hey, if you look at my log of Saurfang yesterday ; http://worldoflogs.com/reports/4ehdo...?s=1502&e=1740 you can see that I casted Flameshock & earthshock 14 times, but Flameshock did 50k more overall damage then Earthshock, I think this pretty much shows you that you SHOULD use Flame Shock.

On top of that dummy testing is bad. Some spells will scale better when fully raid buffed and all decisions for the priority are made in a fully raid buffed situation. If your particular raid does not provide all the buffs I suggest you run EnhSim with your raid's buffs selected to see how you should be doing. Again, dummy testing will NOT be very accurate to a raid setting.

if you currently have 30 free frost badges, go and "borrow" the Fshock totem. When u need to shock use fire, if you need to shock a second time, and your Fshock is still up use EarthShock. Get something like "NeedtoKnow" and add flameshock to it, probably the best way to keep track of it

Before the patch, FS was marginally better than Earth Shock anyways (depended on gear somewhat, for me it was)

Now that it's affected by haste and crits, it's much better.

Why Flameshock? Because under the assumption that you are in a group and thus have access to some buffs (or just have decent gear and are solo) and the further assumption that you are not decked out in greens and blues FS does more damage with the same cast time. Your dummy tests are wrong, or you just cannot handle pressing another button in a timely fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

i made some Enhsim tests ... with full raid buffs cds etc. difference with FS and without FS is around 100 dps... and ofc this is for my curent gear

Quote Originally Posted by Teoxita
    i made some Enhsim tests ... with full raid buffs cds etc. difference with FS and without FS is around 100 dps... and ofc this is for my curent gear

Just 100? I got at least that from the flame shock change on top of using fs already....

I have to ask, what kind of gear are you using, exactly? I'd like to see your entire priority spelled out too, because you have some odd numbers.

/edit scratch gear since armory is up, but your priorities I am interested in. I find it hard to believe it's just 100 dps diff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Flame shock currently is one of your higher DPS buttons to push.

And stacking haste just got a new meaning to it.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii

Just 100? I got at least that from the flame shock change on top of using fs already....

I have to ask, what kind of gear are you using, exactly? I'd like to see your entire priority spelled out too, because you have some odd numbers.

/edit scratch gear since armory is up, but your priorities I am interested in. I find it hard to believe it's just 100 dps diff.
    Priorities is like SR on cd,LS if expired, LB on 5,SS in no debuf,ES, Magma Refresh,Fire Nova,LL, i use FS when i think is time to do it same with elemental

I have been loving this change. With the amount of Haste I have, I have been feeling a cast sequence macro is working really well.

/castsequence reset=11 Flame Shock, Earth Shock

This prevents 2 Earth Shocks in a row from being cast(to prevent lots of non-uptime with FS) and makes sure Flame Shock is up. It also gives human error with GCDs and with 1000+ haste(with totem) makes it sweet.

I am sure this is not a perfect macro or anything, but its felt pretty good so far

ditto on the cast-sequence macro. tis what i've been using on my shammy since long before this change. will need to adjust the reset time according to haste tho.

few things, first ive been using the reset macro for a while as well, but instead of a 1:1 ratio i do 2:1 es:fs as to never clip a dot. its pretty effective for single target, but on some fights its really not that effective, LDS and dreamwalker come to mind. second i always thought LL should come before FN because it can proc MW as well as FT. But to answer the op yes Flame shock should be in your rotation, just remember to not clip a dot and it makes a great ranged opener especially is you have your shattered ice totem.

Quote Originally Posted by bitrix
    second i always thought LL should come before FN because it can proc MW as well as FT.
    LL should come before FN on any single target fight. You are perfectly correct in that thinking.

Deleted

WHY this CRAP again.

With NO glyph and even with NO raid buffs a FS does MORE damage than an ES. Its very very very simple maths, that I have posted AT LEAST 3 times now. If you aren't seeing that you are doing SOMETHING wrong.

Locking another clueless thread.