Grats to you, Mr. Tank

Just had a shocking experience in a random heroic...

Got put in Heroic DTK with a tank that had a gearscore of 2364. A death knight with just over 20k health. We had a tree healer with a gearscore of around 4500. Without getting into a debate of skill > gear or gear = skill or whatever combination of those 2 words and comparison operators you prefer, with a gs like that, the tank could not possibly have been anywhere near the defense "cap."

Not to mention I'm a 5.2k gs warlock that generally just spams Seed of Corruption unless on a boss through heroics, and I've pulled aggro plenty of times doing that.

Not with this tank.

Although his health got pretty low a couple of times, the healer never let him die. In fact, no one died, because no one pulled aggro. Not once. And with all the dps having over 4.8k gs, that's pretty impressive. Grats to you, Mr. Tank from the Earthen Ring realm.

Anyone else got any pleasantly shocking stories?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Grizzengoo

Re: Grats to you, Mr. Tank

Yes, actually, he could be over the defense cap. You're too used to 40K hp tanks. I started tanking on my DK with 20K hp. I was defcapped.

I'd have to argue that he was Frost. Frost is really easymode multimob tanking Regardless, a tank keeping agro is always nice. And for the love of baby jezus, stop using gearscore numbers.

I heard you can gem and enchant defense without it affecting your gearscore. I also heard you can whisper people instead of making threads to them on third party sites they probably don't even visit.

you must be really lucky I guess. Whenever we get a tank like that it's usually a wipe fest

10+ Year Old Account

When my Protection Warrior freshly dinged 80, I focussed on getting defcapped. Bought gear, gems and enchant, but only focusses on defcapped. I had 22k health for my first heroic run, but I had that defense cap.

Though, aggro was an issue. I just need some time to build up aggro on trash packs.