Thread: Kitty Gemming.

Kitty Gemming.

Hey guys, I have just reached the ArPen soft cap with my gemming and I know that I should fill in the rest of the red slots with +20agi/+34(w/ JC) gems. But what about the yellow and the blue ones ? Should I just forget about the blue ones, regardless of the gemming bonus ? or fill them up with sth like agi/sta ? As for the yellow ones, I don't know if haste or crit rating is better, as haste doesnt add up much speed with kitty (we alrealdy hit more than every second lol) but I also don't know if the crit rating is worth it.
    Thank you for you help =)

Re: Kitty Gemming.

Ignore blue slots, they are never worth it.

As for yellow, it depends on your other stats. In high end gear haste is going to win, but earlier crit probably will. Most likely you should gem them agi/crit (agi/hit is acceptable if you don't like missing, but it will lower your dps slightly). Also, if the bonus isn't that great, ignore yellows as well.

Nightmare tear goes in the slot that will give the best bonus (per slot) to activate your meta gem.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Ignore blue except for one nightmare tear in your piece with the best socket bonus. In yellow use agi/crit gems.

So haste isn't that good for druids after all ? Oh, and another question, the frost emblem trinket, worth it ? Because it gives a big haste bonus, but I don't know if the AP bonus is good.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pautate
    So haste isn't that good for druids after all ? Oh, and another question, the frost emblem trinket, worth it ? Because it gives a big haste bonus, but I don't know if the AP bonus is good.
    at high gear levels haste is better then crit

becase of that the trinket of saurfang + the haste trinket from badges are our 2 best trinkets
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Haste is very good once you cap couple of things.

ARP/Hit/Exp cap would make haste become even better.

Haste is great, but I don't know if its better than crit if you have 4 pc T10 bonus. Though I don't think you do anyways if you're just getting soft capped.

15+ Year Old Account

In order for haste to be worthwhile you need to be at a very high gear level. First, you will want to be hit capped and expertise soft capped, or very close. Second, you will want to be ArP hard capped, or very close to it. Third, you will want to be crit capped, or very close to it. Only then does haste become a worthwhile stat to gem for.

This kind of gear level would require being in a very progressed guild likely working on ICC hard modes, so in all reality gemming haste for most people isn't a serious option.

15+ Year Old Account

You may be correct about haste having a higher value with only 2 piece. I honestly haven't done a whole lot of dps research at that gear level as I switched from tanking to dps with 4 piece.

However, with 4 piece T10 I don't see rawr recommending haste until the requirements stated above.

15+ Year Old Account

Haste is a bit tricky.

Generally, the priorities are: being at one of the caps for ArP (soft or hard) and then go for the crit cap. For that reason, it's advisable to ignore gem colors unless the socket bonus matters, and gem agility. If the socket bonus is worth it, agi/crit becomes a good choice. But it's still inferior per-se, unless you get something extra out of the item.

At the crit cap, and not before, Hit and Exp become the best stats. Simply because by not capping them, your crit cap is not real. To push it to the maximum, you need to land 100% of your strikes.

After crit, hit and exp are capped, Haste wins over everything else.

Interesting enough, this situation comes up at both the ArP caps. A crit/hit/exp capped cat, with ArP not-that-much over the softcap, say 850-950 (which means being unable to go for the hardcap) find Haste as the better stat. The result is somewhere in the range of 4-5% DPS difference form an hardcap + crit/hit/exp capped gear setup.

Directly to the OP question: after you're at the ArP softcap, gem agility (agi/crit with a good socket bonus on yellow) until the crit cap. After that, cap Hit and Expertise.
    It takes more than you can imagine to set everything right, so while Haste can be damm good, it's very difficult to juggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Why even argue over this? Use http://druid.wikispaces.com/ToskksDPSGearMethod

I can tell you my gemming changed so much as I geared up from T9 to T10. At one point, agility was my second worst stat because of the crit cap. So just plug in your stats and find out for yourself the most important stat at any given time. The model is super easy to use...it should take you less than 15 minutes to figure it out and get results.

For completeness, for my toon now my priorities go ArP > Agility > Hit/Expertise > Str/Haste/Crit where Str, haste, and crit have almost the same value.

Good luck.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

honestly, as long as you are not gemming stam, intel, or spirit etc the difference between gemming agil/str/hit/exp/haste/arp is about 150 dps if you have 20 gem slots and are not capping anything. use toskks. learning to cat better will grant you more of an increase

Hey guys, I have just reached the ArPen soft cap with my gemming and I know that I should fill in the rest of the red slots with +20agi/+34(w/ JC) gems. But what about the yellow and the blue ones ? Should I just forget about the blue ones, regardless of the gemming bonus ? or fill them up with sth like agi/sta ? As for the yellow ones, I don't know if haste or crit rating is better, as haste doesnt add up much speed with kitty (we alrealdy hit more than every second lol) but I also don't know if the crit rating is worth it.
    Thank you for you help =)
    if u posted your armoury it would be easier to give advise.