Downloading files

Hi not sure whats going on with my comp but I can't download any files from webpages but I have no problem downloading with programs like wow patches whenever I try to download something the window pops up and it finishes but nothing happens I don't get any other windows and the file doesnt get saved on my computer help please

I'll post any computer information needed just ask for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

Re: Downloading files

Make sure you click on "save as" if prompted to do so and choose a file location. What web browser are you using and what are you trying to download? Some files may not open if you do not have the required software.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

stop Using IE?

It happens with any the most recent were new drivers and fire fox and yes I clicked save as and file destination I'm using IE at the moment

I can't download anything and don't have another computer so I'm kind of limited on what I can use Pokemaster
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

The window you say pops up, is it the one with the progress indicator bar, showing the progress as it downloads ?
    If it is, then there should be a checkbox to turn off closing it automatically.
    Clear that box, and once the file is downloaded it should then remain open.
    You should then have an open, and maybe open folder button to choose from, if you have then select open folder and confirm the file did not save in that folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I have the box to close on completion unchecked but it closes without saving anyway
    I play horde.