Gemming issues. im having real trouble.

Right first off i have read the Resto forum for Shamans and the geming advice. So i need to gem for Haste to reach 1269 right? even if i gem all slots i still can not hit this soft cap. am i doing something wrong?

Have also been told that spell power and MP5 is a must and that int will also contribute to my crit for mana return. Am i supposed to ignore slot bonuses for haste gems? ( Except meta?) if i gem for haste i dont get much crit and mana return and cant seem to heal well at all as my sp goes down.

Help please

here is my character Biffman

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sil&cn=Biffman

Not having to many mana issues and yer i know my shield is pants but the damn things just wont drop for me. any advice greatfully recieved.

Re: Gemming issues. im having real trouble.

Sorry, just quickly checking, are you wanting resto or enhance advice or both? You have read the enhancement forum?

Lol i meant resto post edited
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loreta
    replace all sockets with 20 haste
    Basically this, cept the one red and one blue for your meta. (I personally use the sp/haste for my red and haste/mp5 for my blue, I forget what they are called)

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Well. To start out you have gemmed +20crit in 4 of your sockets. Short answer: That's bad. Long answer: That's really baaaaaad.
    Basicly, you want to change your gems to +20haste instead. For those 4 without a doubt. And you pretty much want to ignore socket-bonus untill your are at or near the soft cap.
    This would bring your 260haste closer to the soft cap. I would also like to add, ofc you should gem so you have your meta active.
    - Btw, get the elemental totem which grants you haste from FS ticks. This scales a lot better that SP from your riptide does. This will net you another 220 haste. A bam, you're blose to the soft cap.

- The totem thing, is a matter of playstyle and personal favor. If you can keep it up, it's good untill your get higher gearlevels. If you can't. Go for the Riptide.

u cant reach the cap only with gems u need alot of gear too btw more sp = more overheal if u reach the cap start gem for int or continue gem haste cause the cap for 1 sec chain heal is unreachable atm

Quote Originally Posted by Physics_bg
    u cant reach the cap only with gems u need alot of gear too btw more sp = more overheal if u reach the cap start gem for int or continue gem haste cause the cap for 1 sec chain heal is unreachable atm

Right i get it haste haste haste. though my gear was pretty good except for the shield. any other recommendations? nearly have enough for tier 10 piece though this will break the tier 9 bonus. or should i buy the helm or chest maybe first?

Thanks for the help. only hit 80 4 weeks ago.

First of all, T9 2P bonus, it fine but not anymore than that. You basicly want to SPAM chainheal all over the raid like a machine. Riptide you want to keep up on the tanks and that's about it. This is why haste scales so well for Rshams, because we have a long casttime heal. I would still recommend you to drop your current totem in favor the the elemental totem from Frost Emblems. It's a free 220haste. And as said in a previous post. More SP equals more overhealing. Chainheal is an overheal ability. Live with it. You don't really want all that much SP as a CHshammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmy
    I would still recommend you to drop your current totem in favor the the elemental totem from Frost Emblems. It's a free 220haste.
    @ Ashmy

I have to disagree with you here. You do not always have the ability to target something and cast and you have a chance of missing your target causing your stack(s) to drop. Chain Heal is important in most fights but again there are many fights that other spells are more useful.

@AndyBiff

Haste is your best stat until you are haste capped. It can be hard to find things that have haste on them but I in some cases have taken a 251 ilvl item that has haste instead of a 264 ilvl that has crit. Keep working on the haste cap and gem towards that only ignoring for the gems you need for your meta.

I really don't understand why shaman keep gemming for int and mp5. I havn't had mana issues since they doubled the return back on gear.

stopspammingchainheal

Thanks for all the advice. i will definitely sort out my gems and have made a start. its just getting expensive. another little question or maybe a moment of inspiration. Should i replace the two gems that make my meta active with 1 nightmare tear which counts for 1 gem of each colour or stick with the two i have that also give me additional haste?

have another shield too from Naxx with haste so ill be using that too and replacing the other one

i hope you will be in REAL trouble some day :

Quote Originally Posted by weazel
    i hope you will be in REAL trouble some day :
    I am always in REAL trouble. it follows me round :

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Andybiff
    Right first off i have read the Resto forum for Shamans and the geming advice. So i need to gem for Haste to reach 1269 right? even if i gem all slots i still can not hit this soft cap. am i doing something wrong?

Have also been told that spell power and MP5 is a must and that int will also contribute to my crit for mana return. Am i supposed to ignore slot bonuses for haste gems? ( Except meta?) if i gem for haste i dont get much crit and mana return and cant seem to heal well at all as my sp goes down.

Help please

here is my character Biffman

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sil&cn=Biffman

Not having to many mana issues and yer i know my shield is pants but the damn things just wont drop for me. any advice greatfully recieved.
    I would look at the top page of MMO-Champ, click the link to the resto shaman in Paragon that just downed 25LK(H), and do exactly what he did re gems. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelli
    stopspammingchainheal
    No doubt. CHspammers are the clueless ones that wonder why they're always at the bottom of the meters. Smart healing with ALL (or most) of your available spells will get you to the top, with the least amount of overheals. Way I see it, overheals=wasted mana.