Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Abracadaver or Nibelung

Recently I have gotten Nibelung in a run through 25m ICC, at the moment I am over the hit cap, and taking off abracadaver will not bring me under. What I was wounder is with the new buff for haste with Flame Shock, I was trying to figure out atm if it is better to go with Nibelung or Abracadaver.

Heres my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...erlord&cn=Totz

Thanks for the help,
    Totz

Deleted

Re: Abracadaver or Nibelung

Quote Originally Posted by slagathor94
    Recently I have gotten Nibelung in a run through 25m ICC, at the moment I am over the hit cap, and taking off abracadaver will not bring me under. What I was wounder is with the new buff for haste with Flame Shock, I was trying to figure out atm if it is better to go with Nibelung or Abracadaver.

Heres my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...erlord&cn=Totz

Thanks for the help,
    Totz
    Easy - unless you get some other upgrades, the 101 hit on your staff will, in a 25man raid, grant you ZERO dps.
    So you get 136 haste from Abracadaver, but on the contrast lose 84 SP and the effect from Nibelung.
    Which, as long as the val'kyr doesn't die and spawns nearly as often as it should (bad luck with proccs, but it at least proccs) will grant waaaaaaaay more dps than those 136 haste.

Yea thanks, usually have a boomkin or shadow priest in my 10m too, so win for me =P

Nibelung 4 the win... just got it from the 25 and it is absolutely awesome(i got 3 walks up at one time). I got about 900 haste from gear and gems and i am aiming for 1200 unbuffed. The walk are awesome they cast once 2 seconds about 1.7 to 2.3k holy smite that has crited only once so far in 100 casts. I got in a 3 min fight like 100 casts when i got 3 walks up... boosted dps with more than 1.2k. I am so happy because this staff indeed is for shamans ... walks proc from lighting overload and also require lots of haste to bring up more at once.

Here is my char: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...oldt&cn=Steaua

Quote Originally Posted by JIUBEY
    Nibelung 4 the win... just got it from the 25 and it is absolutely awesome(i got 3 walks up at one time). I got about 900 haste from gear and gems and i am aiming for 1200 unbuffed. The walk are awesome they cast once 2 seconds about 1.7 to 2.3k holy smite that has crited only once so far in 100 casts. I got in a 3 min fight like 100 casts when i got 3 walks up... boosted dps with more than 1.2k. I am so happy because this staff indeed is for shamans ... walks proc from lighting overload and also require lots of haste to bring up more at once.

Gem pure spellpower instead, and if you got a socketbonus with a yellow socket use reckless gems, never ever gem pure haste if youre not resto.

And 81 sp on a staff is way better then black magic, black magic outshines 63 sp on some fights and with some gearsetups. Nothing beats the staff enchant mate.

WHAT IS A WALK?!111?!1?!ELEVEN!1
    and yeah stop gemming haste and get 81 sp on staff, and change sundial to abyssal rune if you want haste so damn bad! > or gear towards moar hastes
    Don't be such a a vagine man

Actually the line is kind of a rough one for Nibelung users. It's probably the only staff in the game that you should consider putting black magic on. As a destro lock Nibelung is one of the best weapons in the game if you have high haste. Black magic only adds to that if you're not capped. The higher haste you have the quicker you can get the procs out making the weight of haste for those who are using Nibelung a bit higher than usual.

Yesterday I got lucky and pulled out 10.2k dps over the duration of 2million damage solo on target dummy with just stone and armor. It's an amazing weapon if you have the haste to go with it. It's up to you if you use black magic on it though. I'd suggest black magic if you're between 800 and 1k haste and a class that doesn't rely strongly on dots like affliction.

Nibelung.

15+ Year Old Account

Neither? :S

noob shaman stealing the staves from classes who really need it you should get main hand+shield not ninja staff from classes who can't wear shields!!!!!!11111ONEONEeleven!!

It's not "Walks" it's "Valks"

Deleted

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.. Horrible gemming.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.. Horrible gemming.
    lol yup

prolly get flamed for this but shamn using a staff equals yuck imho course i hate staves for the most part even on my mage

Quote Originally Posted by Euryale
    It's not "Walks" it's "Valks"
    Nuclear Wessel.

Anyway, neither, get a 1h and a shield like real Shaman.

Though saying that I have an heroic Nibelung sitting ungemmed and unenchanted in my bank atm, as I got it for lulz as no one else wanted it
    RETH

dunno what your progress is like but my guilds elemental shaman were fighting a dkp death duel over Royal Scepter of Terenas II when it dropped so im assuming its probably close to best in slot if you can get it?

i've never seen a caster dps ever take abracadaver in any of our raids, we call it the staff of rapid disenchantment, i just think its pretty poorly itemised. that and we had a lot of luck with Nibelung drops early in our ICC progression.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Runetotem&n=Geoff

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Neither..

Lockjaw + Pavise is better.

lol staves

Yea, so the reason I got the staff in the first place is because I don't bother to do 25m ToC anymore, and fricking bulwark never drops, and no one else wanted it in the raid, both the staves. =P Anyways, I am hoping to replace it soon when I finally get the shield and get into a 10m LK downing raid to get the weapon from him, or even better 25m LK. (Some guilds just fail on my server, and atm I am having computer problems) Anyways, Nibelung is VERY hit and miss I've figured, you can get lucky and pull 1k dps more, or get unlucky and pull less dps than I would with Abracadaver.

honestly, you shouldnt be using a staff in general, even though it may not seem like it, statistically from my own experience i always had more output from using 1h and shield than a staff, and just because bulwark doesnt drop from toc 25, there are about 3-5 alternatives to use until you get it, laziness is no excuse, because you could have easily gotten a shield and a one hander, and you wouldnt have stolen one of the best staves for a caster that was meant to use a staff. Most elemental shamans that use a staff fail hard in the meters in comparison to what they should in proportion to their gear