Thread: Boss Mods

Boss Mods

I'm thinking of switching to one of the lesser used boss mod addons. I've used DBM since I began raiding but I like to give alternatives a try as well. I switched to Skada a few months ago so I figure this is the next logical jump. How are the others in terms of updates for new content, integration, etc?
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted

Re: Boss Mods

BigWings is very goof for ICC raiding but doeasnt works ant BGs or Instances.

DXE is so much better than both of those

http://www.wowace.com/addons/deus-vox-encounters/

Quote Originally Posted by jsz
    I'm thinking of switching to one of the lesser used boss mod addons. I've used DBM since I began raiding but I like to give alternatives a try as well. I switched to Skada a few months ago so I figure this is the next logical jump. How are the others in terms of updates for new content, integration, etc?
    If it aint broken, fix it with a sledgehammer! Your game will suck for a while every time you make any changes to the UI you've gotten used to over months/years while you retrain yourself. No point making changes for changes' sake, there should be a real reason behind it. Skada is nice, but it's missing one critical bit that recount does which makes it worthless for me. The death tracking is completely broken and will not track multiple deaths of the same player.

Quote Originally Posted by Slothanator
    DXE is so much better than both of those
    Based on what? The truth is all three major boss mods do some things well and some things worse than the other options.

For example if you like bg timers and 5-man timers, DXE will suck balls big time since it has neither.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Based on its just plain better with less errors and the timers are actually right.

Honestly if you need timers for 5 mans ...But I'm speaking for raiding Dxe is just better

Quote Originally Posted by Slothanator
    Based on its just plain better with less errors and the timers are actually right.
    Plain better how? Timers to the precision of millisecond are not needed since internet+brain lag is 100x bigger. Also for my use there was really really big oversight in DXE timers, dunno if it's still there or not, but not having cooldown timer for Necrotic Plague in LK first phase was totally unacceptable for me and the #1 reason why I ditched it after two weeks of evaluation.

Also the DXE devs' attitude of "we don't care about Toravon, so it's not done" months after 3.3 is just plain stupid if the addon is meant to be replacement for other boss timers. If they pick and choose what instances they're going to support based on what bosses the devs are currently progressing on, the addon is worthless for general public. Would've been amusing in T6: "we're doing BT first, so there's no Hyjal timers at all for the first month". Cataclysm will ship with multiple instances open.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.