Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Death Knight: Cataclysm Class discussion

Hey maybe this could get a sticky like the Paladin forum.

But what would you all like to see done in CAT for your class?

Any spell Suggestions, anything?

Since we are getting our Talent Tree revamped, I would like to see improvments.

For example.
    I would like Corse Explosion to get changed or something.

Allo us to use our Reagents to Blow it up, dealing AoE damage to near by Enemies. Or change it to make the Target enemy blow up dealing damage to nearby enemies. (Similar to Seed of Courrption)

Also would like a bit more Burst Damage from Unholy spec I guess.

Would be nice if our 51 pointer was a bit better and more fun to use.

Hey what you all think the Unholy Mastery will be? I want some Speed boost and Health Regen and More Minion control then other specs.

I am realling digging the Unholy Knight roleplaying concept of the Unholy tree, but it feels lame at times, since Blizzard got rid of alot of neat stuff they could do back in beta.

I would like for us to get a New Minion to summon when we put points deep enough in the Unholy tree. Instead of summoning a ghoul, maybe it would be more instresting if we could summon a Undead of another kind.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Re: Death Knight: Cataclysm Class discussion

Why speculate when there is barely any information out about our class.

Known Info-

We known there will be a new rune system
    We know a rough idea of frost's masteries
    We know the stat changes

Why bother?

physicial dps runic dump for blood.
    blood rotation revamp.
    heartstrike now deal 100% weapon dmg + 100% weapon dmg 2e target cost 2 blood runes just example.

or least make blood less exhausted gcd spec ;P.

anyway thats all i can think off atm.

I want RP-based aoe ability .

Quote Originally Posted by PANDALOL
    How about a buff to Corpse Explosion?
    Horseshit.

From a tank point of view:

1. Bring back the old unholy blight and make it a baseline spell with +threat, so tanks can use it as a runepower dump between pulls to make chainpulling easier.
    2. Make glyph of disease baseline. The glyph is more or less a fix of how the spell should work in the first place.
    3. Lower the cooldown of D&D to 15 secs for all specs to make tanking easier/faster.
    4. Add +threat to bloodboil so blood can finally be a total tank spec, not only viable for single target only.

I would love it if Bloodboil would create deathrunes again for the Unholy tree tank spec, not that I have any problems but i hate having to switch around targets with bloodstrike, idk bloodboil feels more in line with the unholy tree.

Quote Originally Posted by PANDALOL
    This.

Also less limitations/irritating mechanics regarding cooldowns and GCDs for tanks.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pepitobenito
    This.

Also less limitations/irritating mechanics regarding cooldowns and GCDs for tanks.
    I agree on this. Why do Bone Shield, Unbreakable Armor and Vampiric Blood require runes to be used? Normal cooldown on them should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Elde
    I agree on this. Why do Bone Shield, Unbreakable Armor and Vampiric Blood require runes to be used? Normal cooldown on them should be enough.
    I agree, specially with the cooldowns. I also want more active spells. Would like new Summons from Unholy tree.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Some more interesting runeforges. Like an ArP one, one that increases disease damage, ones that lower RP costs of items, etc.

Also I'd like to see some more summons made baseline. Kind of like short-lived warlock summons. We've already got AotD, but I'd like to see an Abom as either a single heavy tank pet that won't last but 30s or so, a banshee that would dispell and eat magic and MC a mob for a bit possibly and a spider lord as a CC pet that could root enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    We known there will be a new rune system
    Where the hell has everyone been getting this from? I have found no source to back up this claim.

15+ Year Old Account

Haste - Haste will become more attractive for melee classes by allowing them to recover resources such as energy and runes more quickly. Our intention is for Haste to let you "do stuff" more often.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/c...ystem-changes/

15+ Year Old Account

We don't know the specifics, so it could lower the CD by quite a bit.

Either way, it's still a change ( while I agree calling it a "new rune system" is going too far, but eh )

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    Some more interesting runeforges. Like an ArP one, one that increases disease damage, ones that lower RP costs of items, etc.

Also I'd like to see some more summons made baseline. Kind of like short-lived warlock summons. We've already got AotD, but I'd like to see an Abom as either a single heavy tank pet that won't last but 30s or so, a banshee that would dispell and eat magic and MC a mob for a bit possibly and a spider lord as a CC pet that could root enemies.
    I like both of these ideas. Were meant to be necromancers of sorts , why not have the ability to control other kinds of undead? Ive always wondered why didnt give us a 'control undead' spell like the warlocks enslave demon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

how about dks get deleted for cataclysm ;D HUGE buff for wow and then they can actually make decent classes without em trying to do everything imaginable on 1 like they did with the deathknight and ruin some part of the game and how players actually play. im tired of seeing fail wipes on heroics and raids because a dk is tanking, a nerf in their dps would be nice too they shouldnt be reaching rogues and mages at all everyone knows that ~_~. And yes i have a dk wich i havent used since they messed up frost pvp wich was the only specced i liked

It's hammertime! (7 days)
    -Zao

Quote Originally Posted by ferninator
    a nerf in their dps would be nice too they shouldnt be reaching rogues and mages at all everyone knows that
    I'm not entirely sure if ur joking or not. Coming from someone that's been topping the meters as frost DW even before it was buffed. The dps of the class is entirely dependent upon the skill of the player.
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ganner View Post
    easy now... lvled him from scratch i did.
    so no trolling. been unlucky with drops i have is all
    Quote Originally Posted by Grissym View Post
    Master Yoda plays WoW. A Priest, on top of it.
    I must tell the world!

Quote Originally Posted by ferninator
    how about dks get deleted for cataclysm ;D HUGE buff for wow and then they can actually make decent classes without em trying to do everything imaginable on 1 like they did with the deathknight and ruin some part of the game and how players actually play. im tired of seeing fail wipes on heroics and raids because a dk is tanking, a nerf in their dps would be nice too they shouldnt be reaching rogues and mages at all everyone knows that ~_~. And yes i have a dk wich i havent used since they messed up frost pvp wich was the only specced i liked
    I dont know where to start from this post is full of fail... so ill probably not comment on it.

For pvp:
    I'd REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see some pvp fixes for the damn class
    also some abilities should not require runes as someone above said, and overally more burst :/
    A fix in the disease system come on......

I think the pve system for Dks is pretty nice at the moment so i dont want any more changes on it....

But i really cant think of anything else since i cant make predictions when we got no information about what will happen to DKs in cataclysm

1) I do hope there will be a bigger "feeling" of being a DK. Shadow priests glow dark, as shadow. Arcane mages have got visuals around them on MB / hot streak proc. I would like to see that a frost DK is a frost DK by some visuals, a blood should have some blood on him, and unholy etc etc..

2) The voices that are modified in the game by being a DK are also slightly pitched (up or down), and seems to be randomly assigned at the creating of the DK. I've heard an undead DK laugh like a gnome on my realm, while creating another undead DK would make him almost like a Lich King wannabe with his dark and evil voice. Again, random?

3) I'm tired of staring at my ghoul all day long. Warlocks have different demons, hunters got shitload of different pets to tame. WTB different minions for DKs? (Do keep the names on them though, they are just hillarious at times. I mean WTF, "Brainchomp?" xD)

4) As good as the DKs are today with a flowing rotation, I feel that there is just something missing. I'm not sure what, but something is definately missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water