Thread: Fun with 40/31!

Fun with 40/31!

So I decided just for fun to try one of the old hybrid specs out again since I never saw them posted on EJ or anywhere as to their potential. Yes, I am also aware I could always SIM my toon and see what it comes up with. However I can never pull the numbers that simcraft suggests I'm capable of. Perhaps I'm a bad warlock, who knows lol...

ANYWAYS...

I decided to run ICC 25 last night and run through the first wing with 40/31. Surprisingly pulled some decent numbers all things considering. Here is a WoL report to show as such, my toons name is Örchid: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1k...?s=3544&e=3736

9560 on Saurfang, to me is not bad. I have done better in affliction. However, trying a different spec was fun, for a change of flavor, and nice to see that it didn't perform too poorly.

I just wanted to share my findings with other Warlocks

Edit: Here is the spec and glyphs I used for those who are wondering: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZcu0...ZVbGVdzuVo:z0q

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Fun with 40/31!

Might be fun but in a raid it wont contribute with DP, replenishment or ISB wich is kinda bad
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

One less button than Destro and fewer Immolate recasts = fun! Yay! Err.

40/31 was cool back in Naxx, but... eeeh. It was never 'fun', just gave you an artificial stat boost.

The fun I was implying to was decimate and being able to spam soul fire < 35%... That's all really. I know it's not a top dps spec, and doesn't provide much to the raid, but like I said, just wanted to share my findings as other potential possibilities.

Go 0/56/15, the Soul Fires are even larger. :P

Surprisingly enough, not that much larger. Compared to when I was in 0/56/15 and to 40/31, they were critting for about the same amount. The differences being one being buffed by DP, the other being buffed by Emberstorm.

Again, like I said, I know that the pure specs are better performing, I was just trying this out to see what it can do and thought maybe other people might be interested as well.

During 3.2, Affliction wasn't top performing, and people still rolled with it anyway. I think it's great that warlocks have so many different options in terms of specs, unlike say a mage where its Arcane or GTFO. It's a nice option.

I would like to see whats the difference wenn you have a destro or a demo spec. I raided in the good old days (naxx) with the same spec and It was a nice hybrid spec but I think currently it does less dps then the demo or destro specs...