Feral Druid Professions?

Alright, so I currently have 450 Leatherworking/Skinning, I'm in a moderate-to-serious raiding guild, and I love PvP to death (although I miss world PvP -.-)

Anyway, my question is whether or not I should drop Skinning to pick up 450 Engineering. I'm aware that it's mostly a PvP thing, which is okay, and the only real bonus to PvE is the +1agility cloak enchant, and the +haste glove enchant (gogo OoC!).

I get that isn't OPTIMAL for PvE, but it looks like tons of fun for PvP and I personally am pretty sold on it.

Another question I have it what should I do about Leatherworking? Is it worth keeping or should I switch it to something else, too?

by Nicolette
    “You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.”
    >This<

Re: Feral Druid Professions?

I choose JC/LW for my raiding.

I'm currently using JC/BS, it made Arp capping a bit easier.

I'm sure this combo will stay fairly strong in Cataclysm too, as it allows nice customization.

Hyperspeed Accelerators are pretty cool too, and if I'm guessing right engineering might become even more desirable profession in Cata. Only time will tell though.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

I'm thinking of going JC/Engineering. Engineering has some PvE bonuses but it's mostly PvP, which is fine by me. And the JC is just mad money making and it'll be constantly needed, so.

by Nicolette
    “You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.”
    >This<

Quote Originally Posted by Elexir
    I'm thinking of going JC/Engineering. Engineering has some PvE bonuses but it's mostly PvP, which is fine by me. And the JC is just mad money making and it'll be constantly needed, so.
    Either LW or JC are ok for PvE, JC a little better and ya know, cash is good too.

In your case, definitely take Engineering. Engineering is a very fun PvP profession and isn't completely useless in PvE. Unless you're min/maxing, in my opinion, Engineering is worth taking as much as any other profession because it has PvP and PvE uses if you like to PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)

for tanking the top three are LW, JC, BS and for kitty it's probably JC, Eng, BS

leatherworking gives stam and ap, so it makes it great for bear but other professions can give more desired stats

engineering is good for the ramp up because if you get some extra clearcasting procs, you'll get to your max dps faster

[quote=littlepiggy ]
    for tanking the top three are LW, JC, BS and for kitty it's probably JC, Eng, BS

leatherworking gives stam and ap, so it makes it great for bear but other professions can give more desired stats

engineering is good for the ramp up because if you get some extra clearcasting procs, you'll get to your max dps faster
    [/quote

^
    FOR THE HORDE

Deleted

I'm feral tank and I'm using mining and JC. mining gives me a flat +50 passive stamina. JC gives me (51*3-30*3) 61 additonaly stamina. and 32 resi (34*3-20*3) and 48 SP (39*3-23*3). And mining/JC is also a solid moneymaker

Deleted

LW is a solid profession for ferals tanks, mainly because of the resistance/stamina enchants on bracers. For dps it's not anything special, pretty much equal to enchanting or inscription. Engineering has it's uses as well, with the rocket boots and haste proc on gloves. So LW+JC or LW+eng is perfectly viable for pve.

15+ Year Old Account

Lw + JC net the highest stamina benefits between all professions, which makes them an ideal combo for Bears.

For Cats, the best is and remains JC+BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Hi to the OP.
    KEEP LEATHERWORKING!! You want to keep leatherworking...if you remove it, trust me..you do not want to go through the pain of leveling it again when cata comes out. Since ur a druid, you'll be able to reforge you own gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpowder
    Hi to the OP.
    KEEP LEATHERWORKING!! You want to keep leatherworking...if you remove it, trust me..you do not want to go through the pain of leveling it again when cata comes out. Since ur a druid, you'll be able to reforge you own gear.
    GOOD CALL.

This is why I post on these forums. Looks like Eng/LW is the way I'll be going. Thanks everyone! Feel free to keep giving ideas though, more opinions help

by Nicolette
    >This<

It depends on how hardcore you are raiding and what is expected of you.

I don't think it can be contested that JC/BS is the most useful for Feral DPS, getting those extra spots for armor pen is extremely handy.

Leatherworking gives you extra ap, and yes about Cata giving you the ability to mod your own gear, but that doesnt help for raiding ICC/Ruby Sanctum when those are still End Game Raiding.

Rocket boots alone make me wish I went Engineering

THEYRE SO AWESUM!

Quote Originally Posted by Biznick
    Rocket boots alone make me wish I went Engineering

THEYRE SO AWESUM!
    LoL, yeah, the rocket boots and haste glove enchants are the big draws to Engineering, as well as a Jeeves and mailboxes on demand.

Now, the OP did not say whether he/she was a kitty or bear, but I'll say that Engineering provides more benefits to the kitties. Once you're at or very near arpen hardcap, the on-use gloves haste enchant is downright silly. Sure, we druids have Sprint, but the rocket boots are far superior in the short term... I always laugh during the LK fight when I hear "Defile going out!" and there's the obvious rocket boots flame trail from the targeted person. Also, since you like PvP, the benefits there are obvious.

I'm personally Skinning/LW just because the difference between going BS/JC is not huge in my world of tanking. That extra stam would just be a drop of water in the ocean at this point, and I'm a big fan of the resist wrist enchants. I remember trying to do FotM profession changes as far back as classic WoW (was LW/Skinning originally, and in that time I leveled Enchanting and Alchemy a couple times mostly for trinkets and such, only to come back to Skinning/LW). The hassle really isn't worth it for me, since the results can be washed out in the world of RNG.

“Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville