Magestic Dragon Figurine

I play a resto druid and after I took some time off I was surprised to come back and find everyone obsessed with gear score. Given that I had taken some time off, my gear score is a little low and I've consequently had a little time finding group. So I've been doing everything I can to raise my gear level.

My lowest ilvl piece is the ilvl 200 Magestic Dragon Figurine (Each time you cast a spell you gain 18 spirit for 10 seconds, stacking up to 10 times). I actually have obtained an ilvl 232 trinket (57 mp5), but I keep thinking that the magestic dragon figurine is much better than even much higher ilvl pieces.

Since I rarely go 10 seconds without casting,this trinket nets me 180 spirit for most of the fight. Compared to other mana trinkets (ilvl 232 = ~60 mp5). Is there a reason I should give up this trinket? Is there a good trinket I could replace it with easily. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Magestic Dragon Figurine

The gearscore problem is sad, but if you're on a server which you wont be able to get into pugs I'd just go ahead and replace it.
    Ephemeral Snowflake from HoR heroic is good and easy to get.

I would make the Petrified Lunar Dust first on your list.
    60 frost emblems, probably one of the best in slot. Not hard to obtain.

Also the first boss in ICC 10 man drops a good one, Sliver of Pure Ice.
    He is pretty easy and lots of pugs get him down.

Those are actually the two I run with on my resto druid hehe.

Gearscore is kinda retarded in my opinion.

Some items which have a (slightly) higher level, just doesn't help you in the same way.

The concept of gearscore is nice, but it's just flawed.

Great items on low ilvl suck simply because of the "omg i'm uber" players opinions when looking at you on addon. Had this problem forever on my rogue (Greatness and Grim Toll) and my druid tank (black heart). I honestly say if you like the item and don't have better stick with it. If they don't know anymore about the game than to judge you by a GS number then you might not want to be grouping with them anyways.

Case and point, my rogue (Gidy of Shadowsong) 8th down the totem pole on DPS. 2 are tanks the other 5 (3 Survival Hunters, 1 Fury Warrior, and 1 Ele Shammy) are below me in overall dmg. One of the hunters (lowest of the 3 GSs) is the only one of the 5 that ever competes with me in dps and he's still below.

I k now your not looking for dps answers but just saying, ignore the GS go with what treats you best.

Gearscore means nothing.

In your case, it would probably be best to get the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50260 for mp5. It gives a ridiculous amount that should be good as long as you're not spamming healing touch or something.

For your second trinket, try http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40432. Gives a massive amount of spell power, but is relatively difficult to get considering no one runs OS 25 except for that trinket. Maybe do a 3D zerg with your guild or reserve it or something, but I think it would be very useful for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)

Completely ignoring the item level issue. Its a bad trinket to begin with. 180 spirit with a rampup time of 10 seconds is pretty mediocre all around. Darkmoon Card: Greatness, Forge Ember, Spark of Life, Talisman of Troll Divinity, Tears of the Vanquished, Darkmoon Card: Illusion, Je'Teze Bell are all ilvl 200 and are all significantly better for a resto druid than the Figurine.

I agree that gearscore isn't what pugs crack it up to be, but don't blame a crappy trinket on ilvl.