Damage on 10 Man Lich King

Just downed Lich King for the first time tonight, and I was just curious what other warriors are looking like damage wise on this encounter.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/4vdop...?s=5791&e=6881

I feel like my damage is pretty low for the second and third phases and was just wondering if my parses match up with what other warriors are seeing. I don't know know if it is all the movement involved, or dodge defiles or what but I was really just wondering.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=Paulkariya

Re: Damage on 10 Man Lich King

Without looking at the log, I can say with confidence that the LK on normal, 10 or 25, is not about damage, but execution. For example, on 25 LK, DPS only needs to be bursty on the valks and horrors while putting constant damage into the LK. And if you're working on 25 LK, dps probably isn't holding a guild back, however defile placement and Valks probably are.

grats, you are the 1st dpser in your raid!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarudy
    Without looking at the log, I can say with confidence that the LK on normal, 10 or 25, is not about damage, but execution. For example, on 25 LK, DPS only needs to be bursty on the valks and horrors while putting constant damage into the LK. And if you're working on 25 LK, dps probably isn't holding a guild back, however defile placement and Valks probably are.
    If you have DPS attacking Horrors in 10 or 25 man you fail. Necrotic Plague = Horror slayer. All DPS should be on LK and you move into first transition well before the 3rd Horror has a chance to spawn. Why would you waste DPS on a horror when Necrotic Plague will be hitting it for 1,000,000 damage every 5 seconds by the time you go into transition? And that's if you are NOT trying to stack it to 30.

But back on topic. You aren't going to be getting big numbers in P2 or P3 as a melee dps. You may do OK in P3 if your ranged are getting the Vile Spirits down quick enough that you don't have to dance around much to avoid them. But you also have to do the Defile dodging in P2 and P3 which will certainly hurt melee more than ranged as you can't attack LK when you are 15 yards or more away from him. And as another poster has already stated, LK is not a DPS race in normal mode unless you have really horrible dps. But honestly if you can get past Festergut and Putricide you have the DPS to get LK in normal no problem.

I guess you never found this section of worldoflogs?