Thread: Glyphs

Glyphs

I have inscription but i havent sold not a single glyph till now cuz i dont know which glyphs to make for each class )
    So i hope u will help me and tell me what glyphs are selling most for each class. ty

Deleted

Re: Glyphs

Look at class guides for which glyphs are best for which classes, make those

10+ Year Old Account

Just make whatever you want. Even crappy glyphs sell. And the posting cost is so low that it doesn't matter.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

make them all, or look at www.wowpopular.com and see which glyphs are used the most, but imo, make them all.

Hi
    I am going to hijack this thread a bit :P
    I got a question, Is leveling inscription cheap? Al the glyphs seem sellable so I am almost thinking leveling inscription is even profitable or am I seeing a mirage?
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Deleted

Buy only Northrend herbs, and get a high-level inscriptionist to make Inks of the Sea. Exchange those at the dalaran inscription ink trader. Sell the glyphs.
    You should be able to come out without losses, maybe even with slight profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston
    Buy only Northrend herbs, and get a high-level inscriptionist to make Inks of the Sea. Exchange those at the dalaran inscription ink trader. Sell the glyphs.
    You should be able to come out without losses, maybe even with slight profit.
    Also, this guy might have a herb farmer. Herbs aren't like rare ores, if you bother to go out to the zone they are common in it's easy to farm them. Plus there are 3-4 varieties per ink type, so it's no problem at all. Possibly the easiest/cheapest prof in the game to level.

Having said that, I have a toon with inscription and I rarely bother to sell glyphs (I'm too lazy). You really have to commit to high volume as there is mass undercutting/competition on any moderately populated server.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    Hi
    I am going to hijack this thread a bit :P
    I got a question, Is leveling inscription cheap? Al the glyphs seem sellable so I am almost thinking leveling inscription is even profitable or am I seeing a mirage?
    Yes depending on your server you can make money leveling it even buying the mats.
    Even the bad glyphs that people shouldn't use sell, but on most servers glyph competition is fierce. On my server often you are getting undercut as you are posting.

Don't bother with Inscription, it's the worst prof in the game. When I'm selling ALL glyphs for 2-3g a piece, it's time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy
    Don't bother with Inscription, it's the worst prof in the game. When I'm selling ALL glyphs for 2-3g a piece, it's time for a change.
    Don't listen to this person. Inscription is probably one of the best money makers in this game. You need to have good addons and a good idea of how to deal with your competition. Don't limit yourself to glyphs, either. Runescrolls, vellums, snowfall inks, offhand items, cards...They all sell quite well. You just need to know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy
    Even then, it may still be profitable enough to run with it anyway. Everything depends on how much the mats cost you, and what the glyph sub-economy is like on your particular server. If you happen to have a druid herbalist, then herbing is the fastest gathering prof out there. Since you don't shift out of flight form to gather herbs, you can just fly node to node.. all you have to do is "land" in order to harvest.. and make sure if its on a slope you are facing uphill XD I've always had problems with getting the "you are mounted" error msg if i try to harvest while facing downhill on a slope for some reason :/

Since you already have inscription leveled, I suggest you get auctioneer and scan the auction house every couple hours for a week or so, then check your recipe book and see which glyphs sell for the most and the most often.

Hey!

I have been working on inscription for about 2 months now and I am making about 7-8k profit every week, even more if I spend more time at the AH.

First of all, there are no good glyphs, people buy all glyphs. Some glyphs may look useless but believe me, they sell.

If you want to make money with inscription here's my advice,

Do your inscription researchs everyday, you make more money as you learn more glyphs.
    Buy inscription books, learn all the possible recipes you can learn from them.
    Craft all of the glyphs, i suggest starting with 5 of each glyph and replace the sold ones everyday if you can.

and also,

the epic lvl80 off-hands - iron-bound tome & faces of doom - they sell, at least on my server. Mats are cheap as hell and the funny thing is I sell either 1 or 2 of these everyday for approximately 200g each.