New bear.How do I tank heroics easily?

Hello.I just hit 80 on my feral tank and picked up the crafted lw set whith the an hc trinket brings me to about 29k hp in bear form.How exactly do I go on with pulling in a heroic?Charge>Swipe spam??
    Thanks alot
    Pew pew

Re: New bear.How do I tank heroics easily?

Quote Originally Posted by Qafaf
    Hello.I just hit 80 on my feral tank and picked up the crafted lw set whith the an hc trinket brings me to about 29k hp in bear form.How exactly do I go on with pulling in a heroic?Charge>Swipe spam??
    Thanks alot
    Get the Maul Glyph, Macro Maul to EVERYTHING. Seriously. If it is a button, and you push it in bear form, macro Maul to it. Then just run your face into as many mobs as you feel your healer can heal you through and spam away with swipe, mangle, and the occasional lascerate on bosses.

/cast swipe
    /cast !maul

fixed

ST tanking- FF->Mangle->DR->Maul->lacerate. all that with maul if not rage starved. And when u get to 5 stacks on you lacerate use swipe as a filler till u can mangle again.

Group-I made a post to this because this is out biggest downfall. Since you are starting out most likely the dps will out gear you and sometimes pull aggro. So go in and you will tab maul/swipe everything. Basically the only thing you will do plus DR. Or berserk then mangle tab. Either or should keep all aggro on you.

one word.

SWAUL (swipe+maul)

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Don't always charge unless you have lots or rage or there are casters.

Trash -> Maul + swipe spam, mangle something if someone is getting close on threat.

Boss -> Maul + Mangle to open, make sure FFF is up if you didn't use on the pull, get lacerate up to 5 stacks and keep it there, Mangle on cooldown. Some say swipe instead of lacerate spam once lacerate is at 5 stacks, not usually enough of a difference or worry about losing threat for me to care ^^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    /cast swipe
    /cast maul

fixed
    fixed. no need for exclamation mark anymore. (it still works with, but why use it when it's not neeeded^^).

Quote Originally Posted by cheesypeas
    Boss -> Maul + Mangle to open, make sure FFF is up if you didn't use on the pull, get lacerate up to 5 stacks and keep it there, Mangle on cooldown. Some say swipe instead of lacerate spam once lacerate is at 5 stacks, not usually enough of a difference or worry about losing threat for me to care ^^
    talking about heroics here, bosses usually die within seconds (ahnkahet hc bosskill 13 secs ftw), so FFF for pull, mangle, lacerate once, swipe it till dead. swipe is way more threat than lacerate initial. and it's more threat (on that short fights only, ofcourse) if you just swipe it instead of stacking it to five.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Get the Maul Glyph, Macro Maul to EVERYTHING. Seriously. If it is a button, and you push it in bear form, macro Maul to it. Then just run your face into as many mobs as you feel your healer can heal you through and spam away with swipe, mangle, and the occasional lascerate on bosses.
    this..

also, tab target through your pack of mobs so that maul has a chance to hit other mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifer
    ST tanking- FF->Mangle->DR->Maul->lacerate. all that with maul if not rage starved. And when u get to 5 stacks on you lacerate use swipe as a filler till u can mangle again.
    Wrong.

Maul > Mangle > FFF > Lacerate > Swipe is the default priority for single target tanking. Demoralizing Roar takes top priority if you need to keep it up.

You might find these useful, too:

#showtooltip Feral Charge - Bear
    /cast [target=mouseover,harm,nodead] Feral Charge - Bear; Feral Charge - Bear;

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1,target=mouseover,harm,nodead] Growl; [stance:1] Growl;

#showtooltip Faerie Fire (Feral)
    /cast [target=mouseover,harm,nodead] Faerie Fire (Feral); Faerie Fire (Feral);

Each of them will hit whatever living mob you mouseover, or failing that your current target.

Also, look up the following addons: TidyPlates, TidyPlates_CleanPlates and TidyPlates_ThreatPlates - they make it much easier to see which mobs are on you, which are about to break away, and which just have.

Quote Originally Posted by recadra
    Wrong.

Maul > Mangle > FFF > Lacerate > Swipe is the default priority for single target tanking. Demoralizing Roar takes top priority if you need to keep it up.
    Wrong.

Berserk>Maul>FFF>Mangle spam!!!!

Deleted

i personaly prefer have 2 actionbars i switch between when i tank heroics or raids. the first is with swipe, mangle, bash and lacerate all macroed with maul. the other actionbar is without the macros. its mostly cuz i get ragestarved in HCs abit cuz i take so less dmg lol. the other is for raids when im 100% sure i always have +60 rage.

Deleted

if you get ragestarved in heroics, just swap in more dps gear till its not a problem anymore

Charge on CD. Simple rule for me.

I actually curse whenever I don't have the rage for it.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

If you have poitns in imp mangle use 2 abilities then wait on the mangle cd. if you don't wait on the cd it's wasting 3 talent points that you aren't using at all.

If you don't out gear the rest of your party then it's probably going to be beneficial to tab mangle the mobs in a pack while spamming swipe & maul. Mangle is a nice threat boost (especially once glyphed) and it buffs the damage done by maul.

Putting up a single lacerate on the mob you're targeting isn't a bad idea either as it also buffs maul damage if you have the correct talents (which you should). Ideally Maul (glyphed) should be your #1 source of damage.