Poll: What do you think of the new Random battleground changes?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Random Bgs - Gripes, Grouses and Thoughts

What do you all think of the new random battleground changes?

Personally, what I see is a lot more competitive games. Games where people are actually trying
    to finish, really putting up a strong strand defense, AB games are a lot tougher, people in Alterac
    Valley are really putting a defensive stop to people at Galvanger and Balinda, and the battlegrounds
    feel a LOT better in general, better players making a better battleground experience for everyone.

I think it would be an even better experience if the rewards were far greater for winning than they are
    for losing. Say, 4:1 odds, win and get 2000 extra, lose and get 500 extra. When you have actual
    incentives for completing the battleground correctly, people tend to get more motivated, play better,
    and the entire thing seems a lot more fun.

Makes me really look forward to the cataclysm changes and what they're doing to bgs to make them
    feel more competitive and fun.

What do you guys think?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Random Bgs - Gripes, Grouses and Thoughts

I think..........

Rated battlegrounds and being abile to que with a full raid group

Deleted

It has made people more motivated to play to WIN the battleground, rather than just farm HKs.

Perviously, farming HKs at the GY was the best way for honor (apart from WG), boring but true. Now, there is a good almost 2k honor reward for winning the BG, not just taking part. It makes it much more rewarding to win, so people try to be mroe productive.

As honor farming takes a lot less time too, more people are willing to put in a few BGs to get that last 15k honor to buy a piece, whereas before, 10 or 15 BGs would be needed and people would not see it as worth the time, especially with queues.

i only qued last night for some games but it seemed to me the same. most people try and win from my experiences bg'ing tho, and i never see what some others do with so many afk'ers or people who don't care.

they seem to be like random instance ques, if your in good gear and not a moron then you get put with scrubs

The only problem is, it gave them a "little" bit of motivation.. you can still mindlessly grind honour and stuff, just like you did in the original. For the lazy slackers, the lazy motivation was that you could just sit there and farm HKs (and you still can) and you'll get the same or as much honour as if you were actually accomplishing the objectives.

I can win an AB now and get say, 2.5k honour. Unfortunately, the Warrior farming kills with his healer all game can still get 2k honour, even though the other team loses.

Only thing I can think of is to widen the gap a little bit and make winning not only attractive, but neccessary to play the game correctly. Winning that really tight AB
    would mean you get 3k honour, and the losing team gets 750 honour, or something of the like. A real incentive to play well will just make bgs that much better.

@spurm - I don't see as many AFKers or people who don't care in these games, I've only had time for a dozen or so, but they seem pretty fun and action packed,
    compared to the lame snoozefests they used to be.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I personally like this change. Something had to be done about the honor system.. the honor cap was EXTREMELY outdated. They made the rate at which you actually get honor go WAAAAAAAAAAY up compared to what it was. A cap of 75k with items costing 68K at the rate we got honor.. was just ridiculous.. now we het 5-8k honor a win instead of 1.3 for a HUGE win... and losses get as much as a win used to be.

Also, it will be better soon. You can't really que for a specific bg right now because the que is bugged, but Blizz has a hotfix coming out VERY soon, maybe even today.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

I like this change alot.. made me pvp a bit more..

but why is 50% of my random SOTA SOTA SOTA... meh.. maybe it will make me pvp less

Quote Originally Posted by Anij
    I like this change alot.. made me pvp a bit more..

but why is 50% of my random SOTA SOTA SOTA... meh.. maybe it will make me pvp less
    Idk. I like attacking first with a winning group... like 7 minutes for 5k honor. But then it can take 15 minutes... for 1.2k honor. Lol
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

10+ Year Old Account

It's a nice change where I can get more honor for epic gems on my rogue for his raid upgrades. Awesome that they game more honor b/c honestly I love to raid. But pvp is fun and with this I think it made it more competitive (just imo on vindication BG) I would like to see the honor cap raised in the future though

it is not the winning or loosing it is the same freaking BG and also the one i hate

love the change
    have noticed a huge reduction in the number of bots too
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nathrezim&cn=Ultmage
    Armory

And to think that this forum was filled with people claiming the EXACT OPPOSITE was going to happen before the patch. <:
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

Quote Originally Posted by UltmageNathrezim1
    love the change
    have noticed a huge reduction in the number of bots too
    that wont last long
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

The thing I've noticed is I have yet to win. 3 games every day since patch. 0 wins. The influx of people with 20k hp with kings is amazing
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

The queue is soo freaking long!
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

love it

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

oh im sure it would be awesome if it didn't go something like eots, sota, eots, sota, sota, sota, eots etc. etc.
    The true vanilla wow test is whether or not they miss Vanilla. If they do, they didn't play in Vanilla.

Seems to have fixed the problem on my battlegroup where the horde queues up for Isle of Conquest over. and over. and over. because they always win, because they're fighting 40vs22 and it keeps popping a queue before enough ppl are there. We still normally lose, but at least its 40v40 and we're losing because we're not playing right, not bc we're outnumbered.

also, faster honor grind = win

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bromogrin
    oh im sure it would be awesome if it didn't go something like eots, sota, eots, sota, sota, sota, eots etc. etc.
    OMG you too.. I wanna kill myself when that happens.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators